Alpha Test 5 Feedback Thread

So, I totally was just messing with something and crashed the server, sorry about that. Haha. It should be back online now.

So Iā€™ve found ore nodes all over and iā€™ve mined over 6. Nothing appears in my inventory.

The world doesnt load completely for Meā€¦I can login and appear in the world but everything seems far away (first 3 times everything was blue, now its pink) Tried different times, reloading server, rebooting computer, speed test 57.6 d/l 5.76 u/l. Any ideas?

Did you try the Bug Fixers => Return to Graveyard option?

That did it thanksā€¦

To whoever just crashed getting loot from a dungeon boss Iā€™m sorry :frowning:

On launch, Iā€™m dead (in jungle dungeon.) Hitting reawaken does nothing, hitting graveyard does nothing.

Same here! Blah blah 20 characters

Does this still happen after you restart the game again? Can someone revive you?

Okay so I just had to restart the server, not totally sure what happened there, I was eating dinner, haha. But it should be back up now. Sorry about that.

It is working for me, thanks. Put in a few more hours and only had one crash not related to the server going down.

Just FYI, I am going to have4 to do another couple server restarts here in the next 15-20 minutes to hopefully fix an issue. I do not recommend doing any dungeon runs right now :slight_smile:

No worries. :grinning:

Okay first restart happening in just a moment, stand by!

Okay, going to be doing our second and hopefully final restart here in a moment. Sorry for the interruption!

Seems to have worked, so hopefully no more restarts tonight assuming nothing else goes haywire. Thanks for your patience!

I do like that you donā€™t have to manually exit the game upon disconnect anymore, There were times in the past that I was moving & didnā€™t see the ā€˜You were disconnected!ā€™ screen, which would have gotten me a few times this test.

Here is a load of thoughts and observations from me.

Text is great. Had one or two crashes after the minor patch. One time I died and couldnā€™t awaken. I even logged out and back in and found I was still dead and couldnā€™t awaken. Had to wait about ten mins, before something reset and I could get back playing again.

Gathering/Mining is very hit and miss (pardon the pun) Sometimes it seems I can swing my pickaxe around on the farmable object for ages and simply canā€™t pick it up. Then other times I can just reach out and touch it once and it connects and I get the item. Iā€™ve tried this on the same itemā€¦ so itā€™s not just me trying to farm something un-gatherable. Sometimes it seems that I have to be standing practically on top of it before it will realise I am trying to gather it. Does it detect proximity of my avatar, rather than the proximity of my pickaxe?

I know you have more important things to do, but some different music in the tavern would be brilliantā€¦ plus maybe a npc playing a lute or something. Obviously still many places in the landscape where I get stuck and have to teleport out.

When do we get legs?

Had a go at making potions, but didnā€™t have time to really go foraging for ingredients. However made a few failed potions, and drank one which killed meā€¦ lol. But I like the mechanics and the colours changing etc. Great idea and well thought out. I notice the liquid in the bowl has a slight clipping problem around the back of the bowlā€¦ itā€™s sticking through the bowl wall.

It would be neat to have more music in general. A few times itā€™s so quiet in game, that you wonder if your logged in properly. The music serves two purposesā€¦ as not only does it give you something to listen to as you trudge about grinding critters, but it tells you the game is running ok and that your logged in properly. Even if the current in game music looped over and over without the gap in between, so you knew things were ok.

There needs to be more sound in general. Fireā€™s and torches crackling. The wind howling. Animals snarling, birds tweetingā€¦ doors creakingā€¦ water drippingā€¦ waves crashing. All those little sounds that tell you that you are in world. They also confirm to you certain actions which is very useful. For example a locked door rattles to tell you that you canā€™t go in. A door creaks as it begins to open, a monster shrieks when you hit it telling you it was a criticalā€¦ Iā€™m sure you know thisā€¦ but it would be really handy to have some of those sounds in game.

How long before mounts are introduced do you think? I love playing room scale, by after a few hours your feet really begin to ache. A mount to help you cover large distance faster would be so helpful and cause less fatigue on the player.

Steps and stairs just teleport you to the top or bottom. I hope your planning on changing this so that you actually traverse the steps instead of teleporting down them. It happens so quick sometimes I donā€™t realise Iā€™m even gone down them.

Took a ride in the hot air balloon copter for the first time. It seems that you canā€™t walk about on the deck while your flying to your new destination, which is a shame. Being forced to stand right in the middle of the deck means you canā€™t see the crazy wonderful world below so much. Any plans on changing this?

Two of the small villages I went to. (Ones with walls all the way around and a manned gate.) Unless you teleport you canā€™t get through the gateway and into the village. Sliding brings you to an invisible barrier preventing you from sliding all the way through.

Overall I think the low poly thing can workā€¦ but you will have to substitute high poly count for high numbers of objects, critters, weaponsā€¦ including weapon styles. Iā€™m not a big fan of the sword shaped like a ā€œPā€ Itā€™s ok if its one of many sword shapes available, but I much prefer a blade thatā€™s wide at the bottom and tapers to a sharp point. More like an ā€œAā€.

It seems that certain objects on your person can only go back into certain slots in your inventory. For example I tried to take my bow out from my left hand, and put it on my backpack. It just kept pinging back into my hand. Eventually through trying to drag and drop it into different inventory locations I found one that worked. However if this is deliberate, the correct inventory location should be marked, so we know where to drag and drop the weapon two.

Night time is much too bright. In fact itā€™s so bright, itā€™s hard to tell the difference between nights and daytime sometimesā€¦ except for being able to see the moon. Itā€™s doesnā€™t have to be pitch black, but the game is losing out quite a bit of atmosphere because unless you go into a dungeon you donā€™t see any shadows much. So if you could make it so nighttime outside villages was very dark, and villages were fairly dark between torches that would lend so much atmosphere to this game. And it would make people want to return.

More avatar customisation options would be great. I actually preferred the higher poly avatarā€™s which had noses.

Would be nice if bottles smashed etc.

Keep up the great work. This game is shaping up to be a dream come true!

3 Likes

The rabbits from the beginning zone becomes immortal when the health bar become invisible, that happend to me like 5 times

The potion brewing is neat. Was watching it on the stream while taking a break earlier today. The one thing I noticed was the color changing being red-green color blind I could tell most of the colors but it might be a good idea to have an additional visual indication for the temp change for those that have color issues. Maybe different shaped ripples/bubbles.

1 Like