Alpha Test 5 Feedback Thread

You know the drill, let us know how the test is going here tomorrow!

Server will come online in about 2.5 hours from now. There is a new patch to download this morning as well, so fire up those launchers! See you in-game!

Umm teh server is up. I’m logged in, though my headset isnt’ turned on so i’m looking at my lower half

Yeah the server’s not actually online, looks like it’s a bug with the launcher.

Yeah you can get to the character select, your character has no name and is level 1. Once ingame you’re in that dark sky limbo with no hands. Still got a mini dose of Orbus while I wait!

The servers are now online. Have fun!

Let me know if you run into any connection issues with the new networking code.

So…

• No NPC reacted to my waving (with hands) for the first 2 minutes of the server being up. After that it was normal.
  • Guardian Bart upstairs is a woman?
  • She started with the sentence about me being hurt by her. I wasn’t hurt?
  • Getting close to a dummy triggers combat. Is this correct?
  • After 5 minutes 2 people’s sound fell away just like the previous test many people had this problem. But always with one person. I had this with 2 persons.
  • The collect quest is a bit hard if you have to wait for the herbs to grow back because someone else took it lol.
  • You can do any beginners training quest with the same class when they try to teach you other classes.

Yeah I would ignore most of the Tutorial Quest “mistakes” right now. As Is aid in the blog post, we’re literally just putting in dialog right now, it will make more sense once it’s actually fully in. Also the Tutorial Area will be instanced, so you won’t have to worry about other people taking the herbs.

Not sure what’s going on with the voice chat still. It shouldn’t be any worse than last time, but I haven’t been able to fix it since last time, either. It seems to happen mostly with people who previously were having latency issues. They may not have as many latency issues this time with the new networking code, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have fixed the voice issue.

After dying in the Arena and tapping “reawaken,” my client crashed.

Okay let me know if that’s happening consistently.

If anyone has the bug happen where they can’t hear someone talking, I think what’s going on is that there is like one person that most people can’t hear talking. If that happens, if the person who other people can’t hear talking could quit out and immediately get me their output_log, that would be super helpful for me to track down the issue. Thanks!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/856095852127098983/EA566404D842BD2BFED7F40F578C19F58A8812F0/
Near the apple orchard opposite of the down, the area pictured appears to be filled with invisible walls. My spells would hit monsters and detonate doing nothing if I fired them random areas around this place. Or they would simply detonate midair.

So we just had a hard crash there. Things should be coming back up. Sorry about that.

There’s a new small patch that will be coming out in a moment you should get the next time you login. It should reduce some of the crashing people are experiencing which i think is due to memory issues from the number of new terrains we introduced in the game (that you can’t even access yet, haha.)

Here is some feedback :

• The new text system is awesome ! easy to read

But at start I had a bug, and I couldn’t click on “continu…” or any option on the text
I did restart my game and hadn’t any problem after.

• another small bug : Monsters keep attacking dead player sometimes. (that saved my group by the way :sweat_smile:)

I haven’t find any other bug at the moment.

(I’m taking a break, I’ll do more feedback later)

I was unable to draw anything with the mage on the left hand (had this problem before in another test). All other classes and the right hand work fine. So no trail appears and no feedback will be given by the left hand as a mage. Just after casting one succesfull spell with the right hand, the left hand responds again. So making first some failed spells with the right hand and then going back to the left hand didn’t fix it.

Also (probably unrelated), the output_log keeps printing the following lines every few seconds:

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘’) is missing!
(Filename: Line: 1754)
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Magic’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Magic’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotChest’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotChest’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotWater’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotWater’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotHip’) is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘PivotHip’) is missing!

As in the line doesn’t appear at all? Or as in you were drawing things and failing?[quote=“Victor_D, post:15, topic:1667”]
But at start I had a bug, and I couldn’t click on “continu…” or any option on the text
I did restart my game and hadn’t any problem after.
[/quote]

Okay thanks for the heads up, still not sure what’s causing that one yet.

Doesn’t appear at all.

So far have went to Steam VR environment with the loading window three times. Once was during the hard crash, once was when someone stuck in the training area tried to teleport out, and once likely do to the above mentioned terrain issue. I had an issue where I was stuck dead and couldn’t get out. Tried logging out and back in, ended up having to restart the game. After I made it back my ghost was still in the area around where I died. I was able to resurrect my ghost and see my old self. I think this caused an issue on the server which kicked me back to the login screen.

So is it still broken for you now, Dirk?