Closed Alpha Test 5

Hey everyone,

Closed Alpha Test 5 begins tomorrow at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time! (Countdown Clock) Here’s everything you need to know:

Preview Blog Posts

There are 2 blog posts covering all the new content in this test:

Alchemy Preview
Alpha Test 5 Preview

Alpha Client Download

We’re still using version 0.3 of the launcher, which you can get here:

https://community.orbusvr.com/t/alpha-game-client-download/1261/23

The patch for this test is now available for download. Just launch the Launcher and it should automatically begin to update your client.

Feedback Thread

You can leave your feedback, bug reports, and other questions during the test in this thread:

Twitch Stream

Last time we did a bit of Twitch streaming at the start of the test which proved pretty popular, so we’re going to try doing that again. We’ll probably start the stream 30 minutes to an hour after the test goes live (and we have time to put out any fires). Check out our Twitch channel and subscribe if you want to be notified of when we start streaming:

The Dev Team will also be hanging out in the Twitch chat to answer questions when we can (assuming the server’s not on fire!)

Patch Notes

The detailed Patch Notes of what changed for this test are available now on the Wiki:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Patch_Notes

See you in-game tomorrow!

1 Like

Awesome! Although i just wanted to point out that the alchemy page on the forums wasn’t updated. Don’t know if you’re working on it or not but my urge to get more orbus information is stopping me from letting it go unnoticed.

1 Like

Right after I fix the patch server it’s next in the list haha.

The patch should now be live for downloading. Also the Alchemy Wiki page has been updated.

Killin it Riley, lovin those patch notes.

I have the 0.45 launcher installed. Will it still work fine or do I need to downgrade to 0.3?

It should still work fine as long as you use the Default connection type.

Won’t let me log in with the 0.45 launcher, downgrading now.

Okay, sorry about that. Just download the 0.3 Launcher and then move your resources/app/client folder over to it and let me know if that fixes it.