Alpha Test 6 Feedback Thread

yep keep it up Riley, you are doing good! =]

i have been having general sound issues, thundercrashes seem to interrupt ambient, and picking flower sound seems almost impossible to hear

There’s a new patch uploading right now which should fix the Player Journal and Compass bugs. I’ll let you know when it’s available to download.

Also, the sun should be coming up about now, let us know how that is performance-wise for you all. Thanks!

1 Like

The patch with the Journal and Compass bugfixes is now available. Just restart your client to get it.

Awesome! Journal and Compass fixed. Thanks, Riley!

1 Like

Hmm… just had a connection glitch? - i was playing, it was lagging like crazy until a point i could not cast any more spells and then i tried to relog and nothing loaded.

That’s strange, I don’t see any crashes or anything.

Give it a minute or two and try again and then see what happens.

1 Like

I am getting high latency 2124 ms or something… saying it above my head and i cant talk to anyone properly

Not had an issue on previous tests so not sure whats causing it this time, i doubt its my internet itself.

Are you using Launcher 0.6? Are you using the Default or Alternate connection type?

Using launcher 0.6 and the default

Also just for reference, there is an issue with the wolf by the second graveyard… when ever someone dies and goes there, if they end up getting sent there with a lower level (being in the vicinity when they die)… they are unable to escape the graveyard as the wolf near it keeps attackign them and killign them before they get a chance to escape.

You can try the Alternate connection type to see if you have any better luck. But really the Default connection type should be pretty resilient to packet loss and latency unless you are just having a ton of it.

1 Like

Ill give it a shot and let you know

Just did a soft reset of the starter zone to clear out some cobwebs. Just FYI.

1 Like

Its not so bad on alternate connection but still been having latency issues. upto 500ms - although as i wrote this i crashed out again and cant cast spells

That might have been the soft reset that didn’t work properly if you were in the Highsteppe/Forest zone.

You can try doing a straight-up ping to game-direct.orbusvr.com and see what sort of ping/packet loss you’re getting.

Did that and got 0% packet loss and 87ms so doesnt seem too bad! - I shall try again before i sleep.

The lukewarm (turquoise) phase of the Alchemy pot is just green. It goes blue, green, green, yellow and then red.I stared at it closely to see if maybe it was just a slightly different tint, but that was not the case.

Okay, well try again with the Default, cause taht really should be better almost no matter what, haha.