Alpha Test 6 Feedback Thread

I will double-check that.

It definitely is a different color, haha, but maybe itā€™s too close. Iā€™ll look into changing that before the next test.

Currently stuck in sky(outside zone) and my level is 0. Restarting/relogging does not to fix it, neither does go to graveyard.

We just had a hard crash, it should be fixed now. Sorry for the trouble!

It is fixed, thanks!

Also just a general reminder that if anyone experiences the "people canā€™t hear me talking all of a suddenā€™ bug, I would love it if you would log out and use the new ā€œReport Bugā€ feature in the launcher right after it happens.

One minor bug that I just encountered, Iā€™m doing the starting quest & had my warrior sword equipped to my left hand. The message on how to unsheath my weapon appeared above my right hand until I swapped the sword to my right hand, sheathed it and then unsheathed. You may want to make the message appear above the hand that the weapon is equipped to, and make the message go away once the weapon is unsheathed from either hand.

Otherwise the changes are looking very nice, I like the new NPC model for the quest giver.

EDIT: Also it appears that, at least in the current overcast weather, opening the menu changes the lighting to full sunlight until itā€™s closed. Thought that a runemage cast the light spell behind me the first time I opened my menu in the training area.

Also my journal has a large black square sticking out of the bottom & possibly blocking text on the bottom of the right page.

Yeah Iā€™m not totally sure whatā€™s triggering that interaction between the menu and then the Journal. I keep trying to get it to happen but no luck so far. If anyone can get it to happen reliably please let me know.

Feedback time!

First I am loving the new environmental effects (weather, shadows, stars, etc.). I also love the journal now that it is working correctly, also the quests are great and easy to readā€¦

Now on to the broken stuff.

• Shadows are being cast incorrectly, the sun is shining through the mountains causing the trees/buildings to cast incorrect shadows. Screenshots of shadows at the Temple & the sun shining through a mountain. The same affect is causing faulty shadows to be cast by players as well.

• Opening the menu causes the entire game to brighten up, closing it causes it to darken again.

• I am still encountering a locomotion issue when using trackpad, It is as if reverse is randomly being pressed. I just start walking backwards for a random amount of time. Tilting the controller or pressing the trackpad has no effect. Once it stops I can continue on as normal without issue until it randomly happens again.

• The storms and rain create an amazing atmosphere. However, the sound is so loud, especially the lightning, that I canā€™t make out what team members are saying over voice chat. Perhaps it is time for an Audio menu to be added, with individual sliders for different sound types (environment, voice, combat, etc.).

• I encountered random latency this test (5000 ms ping), I have never had a latency issue before. Relogging fixes it each time.

• I did not see any apples laying around in the apple orchard this test. I waited for quite sometime, but they never appeared.

I think it might be a good idea to start the server a day early for the July open alpha test. Make it so only alpha testers have access for the first day. This would give us a full day to test any new changes and give you the time needed to fix them, before you open the server up to everyone.

Just food for thought! :wink:

Edit: Did not mean to reply to Pyrarrows, sorry.

The Jr. Lizardmen do not change to chickens when hit with polymorph. CC is applied but the model just freezes. Interesting, in order to break it, I still have to hit where the chicken model would be, not the Lizardmanā€™s model (i.e., on the ground.)

But itā€™s working on other creatures? Well thatā€™s strange.

Okay thanks for the feedback! If you could get me an output log one of those times that you close it after the 5000ms ping that would be great. Might be something weird going on with that.

Yes we are definitely planning to add sound sliders.

And Iā€™ll consider that on the Open Alpha. We still have one more Closed Alpha between now and then, but indeed it might not be a bad idea.

Having problems with my spell lines disappearing. Before it only happened in the jungle, now it seems to be happening everywhere. It comes and goes

Musketeer turret was acting up for me. I was fighting frogmages and boars. The turret would constantly switch between them every few seconds. Even if I was attacking the boar and we had it to half health the turret would then switch to the full health frogmage and vice versa.

Also the stutter every 4 seconds is very nausea inducing. I know you said you will work on it though.

Haha, send me a bug report after it happens if you can!

Hmm interesting. The Frog Mages are interesting because they probably generate aggro on the Turret with their cleansing/healing. So that might actually be ā€œexpectedā€ behavior to some degree. Do you think it should just prioritize the lowest-health target?

So you tried teh SteamVR beta and it didnā€™t fix it? Interesting. Did you already send me an output log? If not go ahead and o that and label it as such just so I can make sure itā€™s not something different than our earlier issue.

Alright I submitted them to you. I hope you are able to track it down.

Just to be sure you donā€™t have any of the SteamVR Supersampling stuff enabled do you?

No I run at 1.0. So no supersampling. I also am not recording or anything else that would consume resources.

Do you know how to access the Frame Timings stuff in SteamVR?