Alpha Test 6 Feedback Thread

@SourDeez: try to get hold of some candied ginger (or any ginger) if you are feeling any nausea.

There is a new patch that is now available. You will automatically get it the next time you launch the game, or you can quit out now and re-launch to get it immediately. In particular it has bug fixes that:

• Attempts to fix the box collider issues for melee combat on creatures with line attacks (Deer Guardian and Boars).
  • Fixes the wind sound effect staying on during Sunny days.
  • Enabled rain droplets where appear where the rain hits the ground while raining.
  • Fixes a major slowdown that could occur in some systems during the Thunderstorm weather type.
  • Fixes the shadows to be softer (regression).
  • If you are sliding while you sheathe/unsheathe your weapon, grab your player compass, or some other actions, you will no longer be stuck sliding.
  • Various bug fixes for crashes found thanks to bug reports.

Thanks!

Just did a soft reset on the starter zone to clear out some cobwebs, just FYI.

That thunder is loud, I practically jumped into a wall the first time I heard it. I had to turn down my volume down.

Hey, my friends and I (About six of us) tried to play together tonight and when we loaded in there were duplicate bodies everywhere and no monster spawning. We logged and reset clients multiple times with no fix. We had to stop since we couldnt find a solution - just a heads up!

I didnā€™t but I will try to use it now.

Have you guys tried returning to graveyard? It usually fixes it. You can find it in settings->bug fixers.

Rolling back drivers did not seem to help the stutter. Iā€™ll try to figure out how to get you a frametime log.

Level 2 fisherman here. I no longer get any red on my line while fishing. Should I?

Sorry about that! As others have said, do the Bug Fixers -> Return to Graveyard option in your Player Menu under the gear icon the next time you log in and that should fix it. Basically for some reason it can happen that you log in and youā€™re in the correct place in the world but it assigns you to the wrong server. It never seems to happen once you actually start playing, though.

Yeah that seems to be bugged for some reason right now. I think itā€™s just not increasing the line tension like it should.

Good morning! Thereā€™s a new update out this morning with the following bugfixes:

• It should no longer rain in the basement of the Player House.
  • The water coloring in the Alchemy cauldron should now be unaffected by lighting so the colors should be very distinct at all times.
  • Fixed a bug which could make it sometimes not detect when you placed the empty bottle into the cauldron to finish the recipe.
  • Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause your spell lines not to appear when you were casting Runemage spells.
  • Various bugfixes to prevent crashes based on user-submitted bug reports.

Thanks!

1 Like

I think something is wrong with the fishing. Iā€™m using a small tooth, tongue, and lesser eye. I have had 20+ casts and havenā€™t caught anything or had a nibble. I was fishing in Kingsport lake.

The witch is missing from her hut.

Are there creatures outside of her cave? If not you might be stuck between zones :frowning:

Hmmmm. Strange. I thought I actually increased the chances of catching fish there. I will investigate that.

Where abouts is the witch btw? - id like to see her. Not been able to enjoy the game fully this time as ive been having issues with the oculus head setā€¦ keeps blacking out at important intervals i.e. in the middle of a hard battle! - its not the game though its a usb drive issue i think.

Sheā€™s over by the waterfall near the Green Lady Forest.

1 Like

While fishing on the bridge, you canā€™t reel the bobber back in.

JYeah it has to hit an actual shore right now. Weā€™re working on that

When you cast it 20 times, how far out were you casting? Also just to be sure the lure had durability left right?

really far, not short at all