Alpha Test 6 Feedback Thread

It would appear nvidia has released hotfix drivers now that our test is over.

From Patch Notes
“Resolved stutter in VR Simultaneous Multi Projection apps”

Hopefully this will have fixed my stutter issue next test. I understand completely it wasn’t your fault and it can be frustrating to try to diagnose something like this.

Nvidia GeForce GameReady 384.80 Hotfix driver

Alpha feedback

• really liked the player journal, for the fish I would like to see more information about where I caught the fish and with what lure
  • I couldn’t catch a sunfish for the life of me. I was catching everything else. Not sure what the issue was. I was using the correct bait, not sure if other people were able to catch sunfish on this test
  • the fishing line never turned red when reeling it back in for this test
  • the wave to get npc’s to talk is frustrating at times. It would be nice if I can just punch them in the head to get them talk. The npc for the ship I could not get to talk, not sure if he was bugged
    -there were multiple times in this test that my spell lines would disappear as I drew them they would turn into a fizzled spell. This happened last test only in the jungle at times and this test everywhere.

It was a fun test and can’t wait till the next one!

I caught several Sunfish last test. Go to the temple lake and use a bait with lesser eye only and fish during the day.

Cron and I were both able to catch sunfish.

Moved this from my post, to here, now that I’ve found my correct account for posting :slight_smile:

• Item rotation in hand for Oculus Touch, doesn’t feel right.
    I don’t know if this was just me, but it felt like my sword was pointing forwards, where I’d expect a barrel of a gun I’m holding to be pointing. Rather than my hand being around the grip. In other words, my brains representation of the rotation of my hand, and the in game hand didn’t feel like they matched.

• Sliding Movement Issues
    This is mostly around which stick allows me to move. When I had nothing in my hands, I could use either stick, and the hand of the stick I was using became my direction pointer. This is fine, however, when I pulled out my shield, my left stick no longer worked for movement, and in some cases, I couldn’t determine when, neither stick would allow me to move, but eventually it’d sort it self out.

• Took me a while to figure out how to put my journal away.
    Not a biggy, just it wasn’t immediately obvious from the tutorial.

Suggestion:

• Allow using Oculus gestures for hand/finger positions, instead of just triggers.
    Coming from an oculus background, I’d keep actually pointing my finger to point. Instead of pulling the trigger.

Looks like I might have been in the wrong area.