Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

Yeah sorry I think your account may have still had that bug I think is fixed now on it. Let me know fi that happens to you again.

I hate to jinx it but just to ask, has anyone had any problems with the voice chat so far?

I saw someone else stutter with their sound while trying to talk, but no idea if it was mic problems from his side or the game.

Also something else. A new players spawns at Bart right? Why is there then still a guard below the stairs of Bart to tell you Bart is there? :stuck_out_tongue:

The next time that someone gets the bug where SteamVR just does the “Infinitely Loading” thing, if you could do me a favor and look at your Task Manager and see if Unity is using like 100% CPU constantly or what’s going on that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Going to do a quick soft reset of the starter zone to push out some quest fixes.

Can we change our style on our old characters or do we have to make a new one to enjoy the hair?

Unfortunately you have to make a new one right now. Eventually we will likely put in some way to modify the appearance of existing characters but it’s not in yet.

whoops. I didn’t mean to edit this

Reproduce as in it happens every time?

There is a new small patch out which has a couple of bug fixes in it, and adds some additional logging to help us hopefully track down the infinite loading bug. Thanks!

1 Like

Those of you who are still having issues with the freezing – how often is it happening to you? Like every 5 minutes? Every hour? And is there anything at all you’ve noticed about it that seems to be a common theme? The extra logging I added isn’t really telling me anything because it’s not the issue I thought it was…

I guess it would be equally good to know, is there anyone who’s played for an hour+ and hasn’t had an infinite loading screen crash?

Just trying to get a sense of what the common theme might be/ how widespread it is.

so downloaded the client last night and pressed play as soon as i got home from work, but i forgot to switch the sound on my pc to my vive so i closed out of the game, and started the launcher back up again, but it started redownloading the whole thing all over, is this normal? i couldn’t find a file for the game in the folder just the launcher file.

there has been a few more patches that Riley has put in.

just recieved an error
ERROR: Unable to download correct file after multiple attempts. Couldn’t update to v1.52

Yeah, sorry, we’ve had a couple more patches today.

Hmmm close it and re-open it and try again and let me know if that doesn’t fix it.

To be clear, it should be re-downloading some of the files, but not all of them.

looks like it fixed itself after reopening the launcher

1 Like

I received the same error - but after closing it down and restarting the Launcher it seems to be working. :slight_smile:

I cannot walk through the teleporter doors to take me to the next area. I was able to get down from the training area, then back up and back down, but now cannot go up nor can I go into the woods. Username DoctorVR

Hey Daniel,

When you say you can’t walk through the doors, do you mean you are at like some stairs or something that are supposed to “jump” you to the next spot? And they aren’t working? Sometimes they turn invisible (it’s a bug) but if you use your Teleport button and point at where they should be they should still work. If that’s not what you mean let me know.