Alpha Test 7 Feedback Thread

Sorry about that, you need to use the “Return to Graveyard” option once you login. That should fix it.

When you were getting the crash after dying, was it right away (like you never saw the Ghost popup), or was it happening after you pressed the “Reawaken” button?

If you launch without Steam VR running then once you open OrbusVR it will Launch SteamVR. You must then go to your playback settings and select HTC Vive (or Rift) from audio playback options and then close OrbusVR, then re-launch. If you have OrbousVR open then change the playback settings it doesnt update until you close/re-open.

I think this is what you are asking but not sure?

Probably a known issue. The line is no longer turning red/ resisting when a fish is on the line. You can just real them in as fast as possible.

It’s immediately on dying. I won’t even get to see my screen turn gray, but when I take my headset off I can see the freezeframe of a gray screen, so I’m definitely dead.

Okay, thanks. I assume the new patch isn’t doing anything to help so far?

I seem to crash less while travelling, and I’ve thankfully avoided dying for a while. But I’m still getting random crashes.

Okay, thanks for letting us know. I think we almost have the problem sorted.

There was just a hard server crash there, things should be coming back online.

I don’t know if I’ve specifically said anything but other than the client-side infiinte loading crash (which I know has been super not fun), the server has been very stable this time around. The same process has been running on the starter zone until that crash for something like 16 hours, whereas in previous tests it would only last an hour or two. So that’s really good news.

Hello there!

This is my first time being able to participate in the alpha. Unfortunately, I’m not able to create my character as when I load the game I’m found hovering over the new character creation screen. when I move it looks like the floor moves with my head (I have floor boundaries always on).

I’m using the vive on windows 10.

Hmmm…try running the Launcher as Administrator?

No dice :frowning: Running as admin doesn’t work.

Hmmm I’m not really sure. I don’t think I’ve heard of this issue before…are you sure you have run the SteamVR Room Setup and all that? I assume so just checking. You might try using the Height Drift fix in this guide just to reset it all just in case: https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Playing_On_Oculus (ignore the titel of the page).

Trying to go through it now - I’m having problems with SteamVR in general. Looks like it has disappeared from the store too.

See https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/1457328927839937649/?ctp=2 for some discussion around this.

Once I can get Steam VR running in general I’ll post back here.

Oh my goodness, that’s crazy! Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you’re having issues!

I have a few critiques on the new ‘Settings’ gear menu.

First, the ‘Return to Graveyard’ button should have an ‘Are you sure?’ prompt when pressed, I haven’t pressed it accidentally this test, but last test I ended up having to go back to the start of the Jungle dungeon after pressing that button. Resurrection spells wouldn’t work for some reason. I know that the button will probably be gone by release, but during the testing phase, it would be nice if accidental presses didn’t kill me without any notice.

The other issue is that the ‘Logout’ button is a bit more difficult to get to, since it’s the last option on the settings screen, it might be a good idea to move logout into the main part of the menu.

1 Like

Got a crash going near a teleport stone.

There’s a new patch out now that should fix the remaining Infinite Loading bugs related to dying, teleporting, portaling, etc. Just restart the launcher to get the new patch. Thanks!

You’re the best! Patching up now after another “infinite” crash. Looking forward to the world boss!

Another crash in town firing off fireworks.