Alpha Test Feedback Thread: Closed Alpha 3

I did not really play with Warrior or Musk, sorry!

Fishing, because of course I broke it again:

• Fishing off of bridges connecting two areas does not allow you to fish. If intentional, this is a damn shame, bridges are great to fish off of! This worked in previous tests.

• If you throw you fishing line off of the airship and it lands in water, it bugs out and never returns. If it hits land, it returns after a few seconds.

• I would test lures but I have nothing but feathers.

Inventory:

• There was a bit of inventory management on the stream, a ā€œcompact Inventoryā€ button might be nice ( with a confirmation, perhaps),

Locomotion:

• Trackpad locomotion is significantly slower that teleport locomotion, It is impossible for me to to keep up with players teleporting.

Runemage:

• You cannot decurse yourself (intentional?)

• The particles for Ice Lance seem locked to your wand, moving the wand after casting looks weird, as if your wand extends much further than it does.

• Balance wise, it would be nice if spells could persist longer, within a given range of course where the spell currently fizzles if fired straight. Some exceptions like Fireworks would be nice if this is possible, or letting us detonate the firework with a second press of the button.

• Hitting people in PvP as a runemage is MUCH harder given the casting time of spells. Increasing their velocity would make them harder to control, though.

• Iā€™m not sure I like Polymorph putting us into combat, it completely removes it as a tool for getting around mobs. In a dungeon that may be one thing, but in open world itā€™s a bit annoying.

Game World:

• Monsters seem to congregate on roads, for a solo player this can make navigating a huge pain.

• Oddly enough though, if you want to get around safely you are more often than not saver moving through the forests or areas surrounding the road. Personally for me, this seems backwards.

Tested the elk. Shield blocks but the combo slashes still primarily say upward.

Yeah I didnā€™t do anything with the combo direction detection. My guess is itā€™s just more natural to swing upward than it seems when youā€™re swinging at something bigger like that. Iā€™ll work on that before the next patch. Glad the blocking is working better though.

Loving the sword combos, except for the upward strikeā€¦ i have a lot of issues getting it to connect if an enemy is right up in my face :frowning: Please fix that, i actually might play Warrior as well as Runemage if kinks like that can get worked out :smiley: keep up the great work!

There was a large group of us in the wilds and the server just started freaking out. The sky turned day to night to day and non stop freezes. Not sure the cause?

Yeah you guys found a new bug, haha. I just fixed it and did a soft reset on that zone. Is it okay now?

Is the game up right now I try logging in and its empty like no monsters or ppl

Open the menu, press on the gear, go to bug fixes and respawn at graveyard.

Does that keep happening to people repeatedly? Or is it just the first time you log in for this test?

How do you do video, because a screen shot wouldnā€™t work showing me getting the fireball when trying to get poly?

Had some fun fighting other players in the wilderness area, found a few musketeer bugs.

The Lightning turret wonā€™t attack any other players, it is possible that itā€™s working as intended, but it really feels odd to throw it out & have it do nothing.

The healing turret will heal any nearby non-bandit players, which is problematic if the person who put it out is a bandit. (It does also heal the owner, even if theyā€™re a Bandit, and will also heal all Party members of the owner, though I believe that that part is working as intended for obvious reasons)

Bandit Musketeer healing spells will also affect all non-bandit characters nearby. Bandit musketeers really should avoid using lifewell for that reasonā€¦ This also appears to be in effect when shooting either of your turrets. All debuff spells will work on anyone who is hostile to the musketeer, as expected.

Shooting a healing spell at another player not in your party will make a musketeer into a bandit, even if they werenā€™t before.

At the end of the fight, Me, @Cinyman, and @Zardulu all lost our ability to move. Cinyman & Zardulu were able to portal out, and came back & made a portal for me. Iā€™m still not proficient enough in Runemage runesā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, I meant ā€œGIFā€ by Screenshot. Good point.

I use a program called ShareX to make them, but itā€™s not really easy to use. Thereā€™s one called Licecap that I have heard a lot of people use to make GIFsā€¦

Logan what did you use to make yours?

So today like logan said about the bug. we continued shortly after that. but at some point it froze and unfroze again. except this time eliminating the ability to move. i had to ā€œstuck combatā€ then create a portal that i physically walked through. (that could have been you restarting area.)

My issues from yesterday stemmed from using advance settings in steamvr. im not sure whats up with it but sent my CPU usage through the roof which has never happened.

The hitboxes on the final boss when he kneels become his like one of his arms or his back. the hitbox appears to move when he kneels from a stalagtite. which was only a problem when i was initially getting aggro. from there i was just focusing on getting him inline for the next stalag. also when he was kneeling when i would find the hitbox and go after it often i had to move to the side of him. in which shortly after he would turn while kneeled causing me to lose the hitbox out of range again. still not a big deal once i grabbed the bossā€¦

The warrior feels lacking for behind able to pull a group from range. It seems what would fix is if the sword rush would give a small amount of threat would help. because if i sword rush to a mob thats headed for a teammate. It would just ignore me and continue before i could even swing at them.

also speaking on the warrior it still seems that the side swing on big monsters still want to produce an upswing instead of cross.
attempting to the cleave is almost a feat of its own. being its 2 ups. Iā€™ve found you have to avoid hitting it on the way down or it tends to negate the previous hit and ruin the combination. maybe if you made upswing/downswing have the same effect. just a thought.

Warrior improvements and musk improvements have been phenomenal!

On the Musketeer the healing well is WAYYYYYY too strong. lol doing the dungeon today we had 2 musk and all they had for the first boss in terms of healing was that spell. they both alternated using it underneath me. effectively negating all damage i was receiving. Either a longer cooldown or a decrease in the means of healing. :slight_smile: Ill be back in later to test more need to cool the brain down a bit!

I used OBS to record. I try not to use it because I donā€™t know the effect it has on my CPU. I am not able to play the rest of this test, but I was thinking about the horizontal swings vs big enemies. I swing up at their torso which could be registering the initial bottom left to upper right motion as a vertical swing. I canā€™t check if you can even hit them attacking straight ahead based on body size/height.

When you disable chat the word ā€œenableā€ is misspelled. Loving the game keep up the great work.

Iā€™ll play around on google and find something suitable. It probably wont be until next test though. I was thinking about it and I think I see how I got fireball from it. Hard to explain without drawing it, but if it ignores the extra lines the fire ball spell is in it if you draw your x a bit low in between the vertical lines.

To answer the question: ā€œWhat happens when you enter the arena while dead?ā€

The answer is that you spawn normally in PVP, but upon being killed by Zardulu, you reawaken to a perpetual death in the regular world. No bugfix would take shake me out of it, so I logged for the night.

2 Likes

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Whatā€™s the name of the Character thatā€™s stuck?

Okay, thatā€™s a wrap for this test! Server is going down. Thanks to everyone who participated! Iā€™ll post a recap blog post tomorrow with some stats from this test as well as discussing what weā€™ll be focusing on for next test. Hope you all had a fun time!

3 Likes

Was not able to play as much this test due to unavoidable commitments, but the hours I managed were great.

I had trouble getting some of the swings right on the Warrior, however this might have been due to me not having enough time to fully master it. I do like such a rework though! - did not have time to do much with the musketeer.