Announcing OrbusVR: Reborn -- Our First Expansion and a Major Overhaul of the Game

I’m assuming he’s talking about a traditional healing class, as has been stated in the past. I was really looking forward to that as well tho, willing to give up runemage for it tbh. Guess not tho, I’ll just keep slinging spells like a machine gun lol

Yeah, I think I’ve literally said this on the forums before, but I have no idea who made that list or where it came from. It was at one point one someone had put up on our Wiki (which anyone can edit), and we removed it.

The Musketeer is the “primary healing class” of the game, and the new Bard will be a healing class as well but with more of a focus on supporting and enhancing over straight heals.

EDIT: That’s not to say that we won’t someday have a Cleric who uses a staff or something, but not this expansion, no.

1 Like

In addition to bringing back the raid in retro style, are you considering the original dungeons as well?

waits patiently for news about toy making

1 Like

I read everything very shortly after it was posted. Hours later, this is all I’ve been able to do:

1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

3. Emote happy tears :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

4. Continue reading everything and telling everyone

5. Conspiring how to get from now to then

7 Likes

I’m very excited to hear about these changes, but 6 months is a long wait. I took the summer off to let bugs be fixed, some features be added, etc, and I just don’t know that there’s going to be enough to hold many end-game players until Q1 of next year. I’m looking forward to it, but it’s going to be tough waiting, even with beta testing before then (which, tbh, I’m not sure how keen I am on actual playtesting of unfinished content). From the sounds of it, Reborn is still very much in the early stages of development, so I’m going to just temper my excitement and expectations, given that with playtesting, things will most likely change and evolve anyways.

1 Like

Would there be any way to save my character on the launch? I’m not too keen on having it deleted since it has been around since pre alpha and has never been remade since
That’s not saying I’m against changes in appearances, just that the character itself is the same as what it used to be

1 Like

I mean, even if you keep the same bald head and default eyes and mouth, obviously the character is going to look different because we changed the shape of the avatar itself…

Its true its going to be hard to wait but there are things to get done before it drops. Ie getting all of the possible transmorg gear while we can

1 Like

OMG guys please slow down with all that new stuff, im just level 7! : (

1 Like

I would love to muskies changed into a support primary with dps and healing secondaries, so you could customize your build for your team comp. Overhauls to gravity, weakness, and frost orbs, as well as the talents could make it a much more interesting class to play.

Because the whole main story quest will be re worked can us level 20s do those quests and would they be meaningful in terms of progression?

Should be a great experience. 6 months however is a very long time. Hopefully you have some ideas to keep endgame busy and full of fun!

we need a customizable hud/ui

1 Like

Now, will we also be seeing rework on the way we see other people’s hands and tracking so can I properly shake someone’s hand without on their screen my hand being higher then it should be

Yes actually that’s one of the things I spent a lot of time on already.

2 Likes

Regarding the Shaman class, is there a variable placement range for the totems? Or will they just appear on our character’s location?

Wow! This is super impressive, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an early access game actually put their earnings back into the game.

Regarding the “expansion” wording, and your other posts implying this might not be the only expansion, does this mean you’re moving towards expansions for long-term revenue, similar to Guild Wars 2 / Destiny 2? Big fan of that business model personally, as a consumer.

Unrelated, does the Shaman have a weapon or do they just shoot magic out of their hands, Dragon Ball Z style?

Both the new classes look REALLY interesting so far, looking forward to the reveal of the next two!

first off they have said in the past that expansions along with the ingame cosmetic shop will be their main sources of revenue, and for shamen there is a bit more info at https://orbusvr.com/reborn

Here is a direct quote from Riley on the matter from a year ago, and he has said this a few times throughout development. However, things are always up for change - highlighted by the fact were getting something so huge for free!

Awesome, thanks for digging this up! Apologies for not doing my own research there.