Back bug forever

We were joking about this. Please make it stop. :pray: :cry:

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t lol. Give us golden egg back while weā€™re at it, and turn on friendly fire!

3 Likes

You are evil!

2 Likes

please cap back bug to how often it can be an affix, its not that its too hard it is just super annoying like very annoying

1 Like

Just increase the timer to like 30 sec between each back bug instead of 15.
Should make it less annoying, tho honestly I kinda like back bug so idrc.

6 Likes

Iā€™m definitely down for that or atleast make it so boss fights back bug does not spawn like how shared pain doesnā€™t work on boss fights and last stand and break it and many many other affixes

2 Likes

Itā€™s literally like a plague, some orbus dark ages rn. 1000 years of back bug

3 Likes

That is hilarious :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Back bug isnā€™t that bad, in my opinion. Itā€™s just funny how after that post about getting it forever, there has only been 1? week without it.

Make a backbug pet that is attainable through an achievement of completing a certain number of backbug shards.

When you feed it, it makes the backbug sound.

6 Likes

okay ngl this would make backbug worth it, when you feed it it gives the player who gave it the treat the water wyvern dot and kills them

2 Likes

maybe just bring backbug into highstep instead of just in shards

2 Likes

Back bug on sephotep plz

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just pure evil

yay back bug again :frowning:

Yea we have been beyond unlucky :ā€™( Itā€™s like a 23% chance to get back bug on 15s, and we have been having more back bugs than not for the past two/three months

Not to be weird but I think back bug is fun

I find it funny how people were like ā€œgive us more back bugā€ and the devs were like ā€œokā€ then we were like ā€œwait no I donā€™t like itā€

3 Likes

Hey everyone just a heads up -

Due to recent feedback we have temporarily removed Back Bug from the weekly shard affixes and will keep it removed for a couple of weeks at least.

In the meantime, we will take your suggestions for improving this mutation into consideration moving forward.

3 Likes

I think Back Bug is fine, actually. Itā€™s one of the harder affixes, but itā€™s very much doable in every dungeon on every shard level, and a welcome challenge every once in a while. I donā€™t think it needs any tweaks, tbh.

My suggestion instead would be to make it less likely that an affix appears multiple weeks in a row, and increase the chance for affixes that havenā€™t appear in a long time. Backbug is fine and fun, but I think any shard affix for 6 or something weeks in a row will be repetitive. I bet tank mains would complain about Wild Creatures too if it were to appear for multiple weeks in a row like Back Bug did.

Iā€™m not sure how it would work for the ā€œharderā€ shard affixes, iirc thereā€™s only three different ones (Reflective, Shared Pain, Reincarnation), and there are two out of those three on a 15 :thinking:

A few new shard affixes would add more variety too. There was talk about a Friendly Fire affix here somewhere, and I can 100% see this on higher levels - if you hit a teammate, they take (a percentage of) the damage from the attack (youā€™d probably have to exclude Shaman Lightning, Scoundrel Spread Poison etc if the player isnā€™t the main target). Maybe even bring back Golden Egg for a week to see how itā€™s received by the community now (maybe in a nerfed form, I havenā€™t had the chance to play with it and canā€™t say how annoying it was exactly).

5 Likes