Beta 6 Dungeons Feedback

^ same from level “31” reward caches

1 Like

Airship dungeon first boss says Choas instead of Chaos.

If you spawn enemies on the airship before putting a shard in those enemies don’t scale up with the shard.

We pushed out a fix for this just now; when you activate the shard the “spawn rotation” will now always reset with scaled enemies, so letting them spawn before activating the shard is basically pointless now.

• vindictive doesn’t work

• shared pain also doesn’t seem to do anything.

• first mob packs in sewer dungeon is too close to spawn, especially for alert shards.

• don’t know if this is still the case in reborn, but in OG orbus, if you killed any mob before the shard was activated it would bug out. shouldn’t be that hard to just reset the dungeon when the shard is activated right?

• still too many elites in the sewer dungeon, way higher elite to non elite ratio than any of the other dungeons at least. or actually maybe not, main problem is the pack with 3 melee elites, impossible for the tank to survive for long enough to kill them on higher shards.

So there is code that is supposed to turn off Major and Brutal mutations during boss fights, and apparently at some point it got changed on accident to think it was a boss fight way more often than it was. So that would have applied to Virus (only coming on sometimes it should be always on), Vindictive not working at all, and Shared Pain.

So basically at least since the Tuesday reset the shard dungeon mutations probably haven’t really been working correctly. It should be working properly now though for fresh runs.

The shard re-activate bug I believe I fixed (I did some testing on it while working on shards this time around); if you activate a shard after the dungeon begins, if you have killed mobs then they will just re-spawn.

We’ll take a look at those balancing issues.

2 Likes

For the last boss in broken halls (10):

• The bolts last way too long and still go through the walls making it nearly impossible to dodge from behind.
  • The add spawning is out of sync regularly with the blinding light that the boss does.
1 Like

We have done all the shard dungeon bosses on level 10 and they all seem quite challenging and also very fun. Except one: Gorgon. The bolts bouncing around the room seem like a great idea but with the way they are implemented makes the fight depend on RNG as much as strategy. The fact that they can go in and out of walls needs to be fixed. The biggest issue is most of us only have about a 100 degree field of view and the bolts move to fast and bounce too often to be effectively dodged for that long. I really like all the other dodging required from different mechanics in this game, but this one just doesn’t work. The only viable strategy we found was to keep the boss at the complete opposite end of the room from the rest of the group to minimize the amount of time we had to dodge. This made the fight quite un-fun and our shaman useless. Please look at redesigning this part of the encounter. The light AoE and the enemies that spawn are great mechanics.

3 Likes

also some trash can be pulled through the walls making the trash clearing really annoying.
here’s a video that shows the mobs.

Still not sure the 6+ effect was working. Virus was working properly and jumped from player to player staying active only if a boss wasn’t engaged.

J and Landru pretty much summed up most my thoughts as we spent many hours together hitting shards.

Really enjoying the mechanics and had a blast learning them on 3 of 4 bosses. Think with a a few fixes, Gorgon will also be a fun fight as well. Just manage to get some of the “flip of the coin” feeling out of the fight and it’ll be awesome.

We just did Crypt on ‘Break It’ 1, Broken Halls on ‘Unprepared’ 1, and Sewer on ‘Aggressive’ 1 with no healer (2 paladins, 2 scoundrels, 1 shaman), entirely ungeared going into the first one. I feel that it was quite balanced and was about what you’d expect going into a shard dungeon with no healers - we had one party wipe on Crypt at the boss (getting into the groove) and one on Broken Halls when we pulled a group in the middle of the Minotaur fight, but otherwise squeaked on by by the skin of our noses in some cases.

Aggressive Sewer seemed to ‘reset’ a lot of monsters. Seemed to be especially the case when we fought them right over their original spawn points (if we ran them away slightly, they didn’t seem to reset as often). Not sure what was going on there, but I assume ‘Aggressive’ is not meant to reset random mobs occasionally mid-fight. If that is the case, it’s a bit silly of a name for that.

1 Like

What was your opinion on broken halls? I agree with you that all the dungeons feel good right now balance wise (apart from shaman dps on some encounters). Our biggest concern right now is the mechanics on broken halls Gorgon boss. I am interested to know what that encounter felt like for your team on level 1? Our biggest frustration was bolts going through walls on bounce backs and the adds spawning at the same time as bolts being fired (on level 10 it was nearly undoable).

Oh my God I’m glad you saying that too, that dungeon was just, on a damnit lv 1, just frustrating :roll_eyes:

1 Like

it definitely needs a good old retune (riley has already stated he will be looking at the green bolts and how they work).

• shared pain still didn’t seem to do anything? we didn’t notice it at least.

• on broken halls there is just enough trash to get 100% meaning that if one of the mobs break or is stuck in a wall you can’t get 100% from mobs. also there should always be more trash than you need to kill. this way part of strategies is also deciding what you can avoid and which parts of the trash would be easiest/best to skip.

• the minions on gorgon count toward the mob percentage.

• gorgons minion boxes can spawn inside the boss, this was also an issue in some boss fights in old orbus, like the mushrooms on mutated shroom. if a boss spawns anything static/temporarily static there should be some parameter around the boss where they cannot spawn.

• party pulling should just straight up be disabled in dungeons and all mobs should be linked in some pack, the area in crypt where there are 7 individual stafrushers for example, you’ll pull once and get 4, kill them and when you pull the next set you’ll get the 3 that are remaining and due to party size you’ll get one mob agroed from the next pack. this is just frustrating and shouldn’t be like that. simple solution would be to just link all mobs to packs and disable party pulling in dungeons.

• the tear casters warp to players. this seems like a mistake, since they’re ranged enemies it doesn’t make sense for them to warp to a player then run away to get their range.

• more classes need some good frost effect. on higher level sewer rat you basically have to have a mage to slow the adds, this probably would have been fine in normal orbus, but with the extra DPS classes in reborn, there are going to be groups where there aren’t any mages to slow.
    This also goes for sewer slime now that it’s faster the higher the shard level, on higher levels you have to have a frost and a hamstring to slow it enough to be able to do it efficiently, since the paladin doesn’t have anything equivalent to hamstring I don’t see that one being possible in an orderly fashion with a paladin tanking.

• re-positioning bosses is really wonky at the moment, they seem to have a really large melee range so you need to walk quite far away from them to move them and once they start moving towards you they overshoot and walk into you, sometimes past you. most noticeable with gorgon, but I’m pretty sure it’s like this with most of them

• gonna say this again, the airship should have a “waves left” instead of a percentage, since you have to kill everything anyway if you wanna get a good time.

3 Likes

Yeah we had 94% on the end of the broken halls dungeon and were confused for a second :expressionless: So we either need fool proof game which will not be able to have mobs stuck (which is to be honest not gonna happen) or add more mobs then needed. (which also give the cool dynamic of being able to skip groups like Potato said.)

1 Like

I also want to point out that the trash mobs in the airship dungeon seem extremely boring. When you kill a pack you still have to wait for the next pack. There is no choice of kill this group or not (unless you want to be extremely slow) and there is just no interesting mechanic in. If something like pirates climbing on the ship, or defending the ship in a way, flying mobs attack from outside or anything else interesting would be in place that would be really appreciated. Instead if you compare it to the other dungeons it is basically kill group of mobs, but: without the choice, without needing the group to walk a route, with a forced slow down. You kill a group fully and the next portal doesn’t spawn yet, why? Should spawn instant if you at-least don’t improve anything major about it… The wait makes it even less exiting then it already is.

Actually the main problem I have with the trash in the airship is it feels like you can’t be inventive, creative or optimal on it in any other way then killing them fast which still give you some wait time anyway :frowning:

(Edit: Or another idea can be not having access to the full ship and slowly conquering part of the ship back. It feels too static)

1 Like

Broken halls actually went okay. Some of the groups are way too close together, so we ended up in a massive melee at one point with 3 separate groups all attacking at once. Took a while and some serious pally kiting, but we managed to get them all down okay.

Final boss mechanic was actually not too bad. Maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention (I read the post regarding the orbs flying through walls, so I was primed for that), but I don’t think any orbs I was actively watching went through the walls. It was an interesting mechanic and i felt that because of the spread, you generally don’t have to do too much to dodge the one coming your way. We tanked near the floor hole in the front of the room where we first pulled the boss. A subtle tweak like making them slightly slower might be the best bet.

Minions spawned around the area and were almost all destroyed while in box form. One got out. This mechanic went pretty well, too.

Overall, no complaints on Broken Halls. Except maybe this mysterious as-yet-undiscovered function of Minotaur that makes his rage bar harder and harder to destroy.

1 Like

the thing with the green orbs that fly around is they stick around longer and longer as the shard level go up, so on lower shards it’s not too bad and can be an interesting mechanic, but on higher shards the stick around for a long time and re-selects targets many times, this makes it a living hell.
especially since the re-selecting is seemingly random for each of them, they go through walls and it only takes 1 crit hit or 2 non-crit hits of them on t10 to kill the DPS.

this on top of having to look away from the boss while trying to dosge them when you can’t even look at half of them.

This can be countered :zipper_mouth_face: