Beta 6 Mission and Leveling Curve Feedback

This is exactly what we were talking about in game last night, it’s terrible that you need to point at each mission to see if you need to get it to gold or if its already gold, a simple bronze/silver/gold star in the corner of the mission icon would be a great way of quickly checking.

Another QoL change for the missions would be a way of quickly sorting the missions, once you get leveling and picking up new ones you get them all mixed around rather than having all the ones from the same vendor together or something

6 Likes

Seeing as I’m stuck at work and can’t play I’ll give more feedback on the stuff I can from playing last night.

On a fresh character going for the achievement, I have gotten to level 14 and haven’t left highsteppe area, and most stuff are green triangles so give low exp. I have a single kill mission and a single harvesting mission for the rainforest which I’ll be going to do, I got a dragon race mission to do there too but I think I might be too high level for that one now as I got it early on but had no other reason to go there as all my missions at the time were for around highsteppe, so I kinda skipped out on it, so if I do it now I’ll be getting reduced exp from it for the class I want to level which happened with one of the kill quests I did, which was fairly disappointing cause I guess I turned some missions in, in the wrong order or something so a lower mission got left behind and then the exp reduced, it would be great if you’d just not make it so mission exp was reduced or if there was a bigger level tolerance before it happens.

I have had a few missions which didn’t really make sense, in terms of when I was recieveing them, such as going to the wasteland which is a high level area, I have had a kill mission and a harvesting mission there if I’m remembering correctly, I got these around level 5, I had the dungeon ready 3 quest before I had dungeon ready 1 or 2 when dungeon 3 and 4 are supposed to be level 20 dungeons therefore should get the missions around that level, not before level 10

2 Likes

I think some of those may have been the weekly missions but I’ll check with Robert. Those are basically just random and server-wide so I’m not sure getting them at Level 5 is going to be as useful as we thought.

I love the lore quests, but I accidentally double clicked during a Sicilus dialog and missed a chunk of text. Is there a way to see those again? Didn’t check if the player library updates info yet or not.

1 Like

Currently there is not, but that is something we could look into in case this happens.

1 Like

Also the Pierre Cenn Lore quest doesn’t give a new one after turn in. The first one does disappear from the journal after turn in. Took a restart for that to happen. I think this was already on your known bug list. Really want to continue the plot lol

Adding to that: got the mission to craft a level 30 emp strikes potion on level 12, hmmm… would be nice if the repeatables are at least scaled to the highest class one got.

Lores: I know some are still worked on, but it feels very odd to be level 10 without any kind of story or lore… feels like the main point is doing tasks for the HS npcs, lore is just a minor addition; in the old game it was the opposite, the pure kill-that-harvest-that quests were rather additional, embedded in the overall story which dominated your journey.
I wished that you could connect more to the npcs, like after each task or at least rep level they reveal a bit more of their personality, their role in the town and the background of the issues I am helping with.

3 Likes

Just to double check, you have already done the lore missions for the npcs by clicking on the little “message” bubble in the upper right of the mission window? We are adding more quests in but how you described above is essentially how it works. Based off your reputation level with the NPC is what lore quests they will give you.

Ill try and make sure the dialogue shows better indication of what reputation level you need to be for the next quest to appear. There are also lore quests that are going to be scattered around the zones like finding X number of objects around the world, speaking to 5 NPCs and then getting a quest from the 6th one. I am still working on this currently and will be putting in more of these “hidden” lore quests after launch also.

1 Like

I don’t really like the idea of having to hit the message bubble to initiate the lore quest. To me, that message bubble just seems like it would be flair text and nothing really useful. I think it’d be better where if a vendor has a lore quest for you, the next time you talk to them it initiates the quest dialog instead of the mission screen. Or give you an option when you talk to to them to get a lore quest or view the missions.
Something like
“Hey there August, I’ve got a request for you if you have a moment”

• Sure, let’s hear it
  • Not now, show me your missions
4 Likes

Are some of those hidden lore quests in now? That’s really exciting

WHATTTT? No, haha I never thought this thing starts a quest, though I did click on one or two… so yea, since all other quests show elsewhere this needs to be indicated.

Likely explains why it always shows that I got new quests waiting, thought that is a bug.

Minor Notes:

• Arrived at the rainforest with level 13 but lots mobs are red making it difficult to find the ones to kill
  • The pigglets are sooo cute - I thought, until one literally slaughtered me :slight_smile: D … wildlife needs to be nerved

I think if you changed the speech bubble icon to an “!” Icon like the quest givers have then it will be a lot more obvious that there are also lore quests to pick up

1 Like

I did turn down the HP on those a couple of hours ago.

currently no we are prioritizing the missions right now over the lore quests since those are what you use to level, but some of them should be in for launch or shortly after. Without having a MSQ, it’s alot easier to add more lore quests to the overworld without worrying about it affecting or breaking and not letting players level like in old Orbus.

Oh that’s a good idea. Plus, the lore quests won’t be discovered and cleared before launch even hits lol

Lore II: I checked all the questgivers now and
a) guess I still missed nothing much, there’s only 1-2 I can do (alone); also it still shows there’s new quests in HS so pretty sure that does not really work… it should state the questgiver to find what is missing or perhaps be restricted to the non-lore, pick-up-ables
b) since most are tied to reputation I fear if I don’t dragon race - or skip fish or battlegrounds - I will miss out on the lore, which is sad; perhaps consider un-tying it from the reputation

The critter capture missions are much easier than before. I like having “catch these birds” and then a later unlock is “catch more of these birds” it keeps the different critters relevant throughout leveling. It also felt like the hitboxes were larger so it was easy to catch everything. The mice were a huge improvement :+1:

1 Like

So me and the people I’ve been playing on are kinda stuck on this quest, unless there is another cave than the ones we’ve found

“The Horde is forming inside a cave in the Flooded Rainforest, travel there and clear out The Horde monsters.”

It’s a level 13 Mission, can you take a look?

ya i m working on making the quests have more details, the cave is the one near the obnobi camp (opposite the cave with colosuss) its called the “Inuinu Chasm” in game, and its the one near the teleport pillar, the Horde is the mob near the left side entrance (they are the small tree rushers)

1 Like