Beta 6 Mission and Leveling Curve Feedback

Now that you have it so the level for the missions are on the NPC window, could we also get them on the tool tip (or icons) for the missions in our mission tab so we can easily see which ones are going to be worth less sooner without needing to go back to highsteppe to check. I think this will help a lot with getting unwanted reduced exp for missions we spent time doing only to get back and realise that I should have done X mission before Y mission and turned it in before heading to do Y mission because that one leveled me up before I could turn it in.

I tend to pick up all the missions I can (fishing and battlegrounds excluded) and then I stay and get as many golds as I can before I return to highsteppe and turn them in, I think this is part of why Iā€™ve been getting reduced exp from missions, simply because I leveled up while out and wasnā€™t sure what level the missions I was working on were, it would be nice if the level missions could be changed to 7 level difference instead of 5 to give more time to get them handed in as some of the missions take a lot longer to do than others, especially the missions in Lamavora

4 Likes

Quest UI needs to be improved, still, I summarize and add some points:

• Icons: Little stars or such to indicate gold-silver-bronze level first sight; also icons should already indicate (borders?) if a quest is outleveled or not, the constant hovering over everything is tiring!
  • Levels need be added in all the descriptions; the red text perhaps shortened
  • Detailed descriptions - mob/resources lists - should be everywhere, they are not that long and the vendors got some kind of short text not even specifying mobs
  • Sorting Leveling Quests: should be default by category or even sortable after level/last picked up/category; newest should be on top, not bottom
  • Jumping-Bug: UI still jumps to the beginning if you scroll and get to the bottom of your questlog
  • Turn-in-Quest bug: Quests are not removed when being turned in, need to re-wave and reopen the window
  • Someone in my group suggested customable pinned quest; I found this an awesome idea!

Another thing about Lore Quests, more fit to the thread:

• these give no xp and only small amounts of drams? I seriously donā€™t know if in this case I do any before at least 2 classes are leveled
    I did really few lores before I got stuck on the only 2 now available:
  • Ithecac Quest: riddling where that is, crafting or buying potions etc. takes up way too much time; this should not be part of the main story, or come way later imo when players already crafted (and used) a few potions, earned dram etc.
  • Quest to go to Hulthinā€™s Basin (or Wasteland?), this is an area I reached only with level 20+, felt odd to get it as 3rd or 4th in the main quest line

The lore quests are meant to give players a way to dive deeper into the lore of the world, but unlike Orbus original they are not required to do to level. These quests currently give out dram as a place holder, and will instead give out Reputation points with the mission npc they are for,

2 Likes

So earlier I discussed we will be putting in some kind of mechanic that lets you keep getting missions on an ongoing basis for leveling alts. Also if you are leveling a discipline less than your current max, you get a 75% additional XP bonus, so thatā€™s something to keep in mind. Assuming you are still able to do missions with the new system, leveling alts should go pretty fast.

2 Likes

Last night I killed the General in Lamavora for the mission. It respawned quickly after the first kill but never respawned after the second kill. I couldnā€™t find the last 3/5 void casters I needed to complete it. If they only spawn with the General Iā€™m curious why Iā€™d need more than 2 General kills provide? Or are they somewhere else in the zone I hadnā€™t found?

1 Like

We had the same issue, I think there should be another void caster in the pack and reduce it to 4 instead of 5 so you just need to kill the full pack twice rather than 5 times even though the ā€œbossā€ of the group only needs to be killed twice, unless we also missed void casters being somewhere else

Ok cool. I wasnā€™t sure if I missed something. I searched the whole zone like ā€œI want to turn this in!! So much effortā€ I also think the crystal cave Linstanium came back way too slow and it slowly filled up with Obsidian instead. I can only imagine how much worse it would get in a group. The mission requires a lot of them.
Edit: I was collecting the obsidian because I think they share spawn points, but the ratio always seemed in obsidians favor. Similar issue with lizard to frog ratio. Took ages to get enough lizard nodes.

I was in a group while leveling and I still donā€™t have linstantium mission done, I didnā€™t even manage to get it to bronze as some of my group would always beat me there, it was very frustrating as you needed a high amount, I think only 2 of the group managed to get gold on it, the mission needs the requirement lowered or to be get ores so its obsidian or linstantium

I double checked the spawner and how it is set up is the general has 3 monsters with him, then I spawn additional monsters in the same area but on their own spawner to get the rest of the kills. I split off the general and only 1 monster now, with the rest being one their own spawner, and also made the spawner radius alot smaller so it would be more obvious whats going on and where they are at.

1 Like

Oh awesome! Iā€™ll check it out this afternoon. I noticed both the General and Sorceress spawns were causing both to stop spawning after awhile. Could they be spawning in a weird location we canā€™t see by mistake?

Hit level 30 on my fresh character, I have 19 hours 37 min play time on it

1 Like

why you gotta go and do that? iā€™m at 7ish hours now and iā€™ve gotten from lvl 20 to lvl 22.

YEY :slight_smile: ! It took me 25h to level mine, but I was busy failing dragon racesā€¦ :smiley: No, on a serious note, I really tried to level as fast as possible, sorting out things after priority, turning in every silver, bronze Iā€™d otherwise saved for alts and more rep; not doing any lores. I would play differently on a real char, takin more time.

As for why you gotta go and do that, why not, first, thereā€™s an achievement for that and I mainly wanted to see the full questline/mission order, visiting all the areas, before I level for real after launchā€¦ though the ā€œreal realā€ scenario will be using lots of quest for my main first and then see what is left for the alt.

the quests feel like there giving a good amount of exp. but it seems like monster kills are worthless for anything other than dye collection in the beta, the reason say this is because you can get almost all the items (during the beta.) from the chests (I do think the item drops from the chests are a good thing currently.) the issue is that the max exp from red level is 290-ish and from my combat logs seems to be one of the highest in general for exp outside of missions. so playing about fighting things makes the game feel slower, on an upside despite the scoundrels cards being mostly random PvE combat has been fun.

Level 17.5 after about 8.5 hours of play. It is definitely slowing down a little (and would have slowed down even more were it not for having a group). The paladin remains almost entirely incapable of killing things in a decent amount of time.

I felt a little rushed on leveling at first (11 in 2.5 hours), but at this level range I donā€™t feel like itā€™s taking too long or too short a time. Itā€™s also still fairly consistent with my last update (14 at 6ish hours, or an additional 3.5 hours for 3 levels - I didnā€™t dungeon tonight so it took slightly less time to get 3 more).

1 Like

This is a Petition to BRING BACK THE GOOD OLā€™ MONSTER GRINDING (up Monster xp, greatly). Reasons:

I got my main class to 30 (from 20), almost, without really fighting any mobs. The outleveled quests I put on two other classes, one will possibly get to 15-18, the other to around 10-12. Dragon races, fishing, everything counted in except bgs (I queue at evenings for 6h straight, never get ported in). But then what??
Fun fact, I did not have to play the 2 other classes, yet, so I really need to learn their abilities next and fight. But I wonā€™t and canā€™t fight once kill-quests are done, because this will give me only around 1% of xp done by sitting at events. To spell that out, I need to kill 100 lower monsters to get 7500xp or 50 of my level; this can take an hour with scaled mobs and complicated group-fights.

The xp for this hour of fighting amounts to sit at an event for 5mins, doing nothing much. So to level everyone will do the bare minimum for kill-quests, then will just run from event to event in all the zones. Fighting mobs to level is pointless and yet it should be a major, major part in any MMO!

It is fine if one can choose to level with critter hunt, dragons and salvaging ONLY but the choice the other way round is not there yet. To learn a class you do not need any of these things, even the events do nothing much for that.
To learn a class you need to fight. Bring back leveling-by-mobs please, so people can either use this for alts, additionally to events once they are out of quests or choose to skip activities like dragons, salvage and focus on mobs instead.

The point of scaling was that a broader level range can do things together well low-level mobs give me nothing, no quest progress, no xp. So in fact when in a group at all you still need to be at least in a range of similar quests.

2 Likes

Completed Sky High faster than 1:09 and did not get gold

grinding was awful in live. please dont impose that shit on me again.

It doesnt take 2 weeks of grinding in order to figure out how to play your classā€¦ just go into end game content and die for a few times and use the target dummies for your rotation.

Yes, it is pointless. No it does not need to be part of any MMO.

I love the look of the monster hunter shoulders but Iā€™m disappointed that they are not on both shoulders. It seems a lot of the shoulders are one side only like that. Could we get all shoulders as double sided and an option to turn off a side for people who like that better?

2 Likes

Agreed. Having an option would be great. The single shoulder seems to be very common in orbus and Iā€™m personally not a fan.