Beta 6 Paladin Feedback

We actually used the 30 talent in our run. We ran 2 pallies (no healer) and the second pally used her talent on me. I died on Lich and came back successfully.

I ran my pally with only the libram of assistance talent on the heal side

yea to be fair it was before that change. can u say how much the healing book does compared to our health? i think that will be the main difference with the added health, because the it would top me off before but now it wont.
the biggest problem i think paladin will have in shards is mutations like deep wounds, where u need to be topped off. In general paladin gets deep wounds much more often than warrior because paladin is taking all the hits, while warrior is able to block it with the shield. this was a little manageable before because my heal would top me off clearing it, but now it wont(from the added health) making almost all deep wounds unless caught very early even more difficult to dispell

1 Like

My overall impression now that the beta is done:

I really enjoyed Paladin much more than the other beta classes and expect that I will make Paladin either my main or second class going forward. Previously, I hated the warrior class (and thus leveled it the least), and I feel the Paladin does a phenomenal job at its task. I love just how maneuverable they are.

Issues that I see:

• Hammer of Retribution - this seems to do under the damage a base empowered hit would do, costs two orbs, and does not seem to generate as much aggro as a base hit does. I would not have kept this talent except for two issues: one, the thrown hammer (which should be an effective way to pull) has serious issues with ignoring enemy hitboxes. Sometimes it slides straight through enemies and does nothing at all, and then slides straight through on the way back (still nothing). Two:
  • Hammer of Healing (or whatever it’s called) costs both health and orbs and only seems to heal a small portion of someone’s health. Libram of assistance generates far more health for a nearby person and also doesn’t cost health to use. In a pinch, the tradeoff might be worth it, but in general it doesn’t seem to be, especially since the paladin is generally a tank class and needs its health more than it can give it away.
  • Teleport box seems to be severely impacted when you’re picking up a libram. For some reason, when I pick up my libram of healing, my teleport stops moving to my right. I should be getting a square that grows with me at center, but instead it seems to be growing from my left side a few feet (I actively watched it spread to the right to cover me)
  • In solo combat, the paladin takes forever to kill things. Longer than bard, longer than muskie, longer than warrior, and certainly longer than any of the dps classes. We desperately need some method to do a little more damage in between orb generations. Several times when fighting ranged enemies, I found myself expressly trying to get hit by their orbs just because I could MAYBE generate another pip from a hit. Even still, it would take me about 30-40s to down an enemy. It’s crazy.
  • 30 Heal Talent - the 10 minute cd resets every time you die, which makes it very difficult to time these properly.