Beta 6 Patch 2.93

If Warriors aren’t needing to be healed at all in Shard dungeons, then it sounds like they are probably too tanky. You should need to be healed.

Is there someone who has actually done a low tier shard dungeon without bringing a healer since the balancing changes to them?

I have no idea what you mean by the Paladin damage reduction has been removed in PvP, it’s definitely there it’s just much lower than PvE content currently.

Can you send me an output log after that happens to you? I’m trying to figure out why that would still be occurring.

i took the same damage(a bit more than 50%) from a charged piercing when i had 0 orbs, and when i had 5

Log sent for headless people and desyncing going into the battleground

1 Like

How many orbs did taking that shot fill up?

Okay so I mean looking at the code, there’s really no way that I can see that it would be working in PvE and not PvP. But as I said, the damage reduction in PvP was turned down significantly since last beta, so it’s entirely possible the variances in your test case of Ranger damage plus the fact that you’re just eyeballing the bar may make it not clear what’s going on. I will add some logs just to be sure it’s really working.

That said, really I’m more interested in the fact that everyone is now getting one-shot. If a Ranger charged shot + piercing arrow is enough to take out half the hitpoints of a tank, then it’s very possible we need to turn down the “extra damage” for PvP since while I don’t want PvP battles being a snooze-fest where it’s nearly impossible to kill anyone, I don’t want them being a one-shot fest either. I assume the new combat for shooting at people is making it a lot easier to actually land shots than it was before which is a contributing factor.

lvl 20 tank, non shard airship last night - provoke healing did very little healing.

1 Like

As in you just did Provoke healing so you didn’t need any healing from a healer?

When are you planning to look and balance scoundrel dps compared to rangers and mages?

I’m open to data on it if there is some available. Part of the thing on the new classes is, there isn’t a year of people playing them and learning every in and out and nook and cranny of the best possible way to play it yet, not to mention the physical practice that just comes from getting “good” at it.

So it’s kind of a balance between, I want them to be playable now and to be good DPS now, but should someone who’s played a Scoundrel for 25 hours do as much damage as someone who has played a Mage for 1000? Or do we wait until we have that 1000 hour Scoundrel player to make sure it’s the same?

Even with that said, I wouldn’t want them to be dealing like 50% of the DPS of a Mage or something like that, so yeah if that’s what’s going on and there are data dumps and whatnot feel free to pass them along.

I do know at least some people were putting up some truly high numbers with True Gambler, so as far as I know it’s possible to get some high DPS with it currently, but I haven’t seen for example a DPS chart from a shard boss fight with a top-tier mage and the best Scoundrel player to compare yet which I would be interested in.

Can we get an option to disable the new mob health overlay feature? I am getting it all the time when I don’t want it due to grabbing orbs. Or maybe the option is to put it on one hand vs the other? It’s really gotten in the way during shards the past couple days.

Yeah honestly that hasn’t worked out as well as we’d hoped. We can add an option to disable it or maybe there needs to be a better way to trigger it in the first place. At one point we thought of making it like a tool but we assumed people wouldn’t want to give up a tool slot for it.

2 Likes

I was using true gambler and missed a few shots here and there and my dps was consistently 33% lower than good rangers and good mages. Playing perfectly it might just be a 15% difference. With true gambler I would expect if played perfectly to be more dps than the other 2 classes because of taking more dmg while without true gambler I’d expect to do less than the other 2 classes.

Do you feel like you had Rank 5 100% uptime? And that you have the card rotation down perfectly in terms of getting max DPS out of what you should burn/store/use? Just thinking of some things that might get “better over time” as a meta emerges for the class. (If not that’s okay just wanting to know how much of a gap might still be closed vs. it’s already there).

why not just make it a manual process, like ‘point the laser at their health bar and press button’

1 Like

Having run several high level shards over the past few days with a geared tank I’d say provoke healing is at a good place for me as a healer. Seem to hit a wall at around shard 7 with paladin where I was healing like crazy, but that could just be due to the meta of the class not really getting figured out yet.

the protection did extremely little to reduce damage, to the point where i didnt notice anything at first

as in, i did provokes and got so little healing that a musketeer was needed

1 Like

I am looking at the logs right now and it is indeed working.

Thoughts on the “PvP is a one shot fest in general” idea?

what do u mean? 20 characters