Hi everyone, here are the changes to Ranger for this beta. We’d love to hear your feedback and how you feel about it!
- A new mechanic has been added called “Weak Points.” These are special spots which appear on monsters approximately once every 5 seconds and provide small targets that can be hit by the Ranger’s arrows. They are unique to each Ranger (e.g. no one else will see them but that Ranger).
- Hitting one of these spots will result in a 20% boost to the damage of that arrow, including Piercing Arrow and Charged Shot damage.
- Hitting an enemy with a Charged Shot will also create a weak spot; hitting an existing weak spot with a Charged Shot counts as both hitting that original weak spot AND immediately generating and hitting an additional spot (so essentially “two for one.”)
- The Ranger no longer holds a standard arrow in their off hand. Instead. simply bringing your open hand close to your bow and pressing Trigger will automatically cause you to have an arrow to use. You still grab special arrows like normal. This allows Rangers to grab loot and use potions in their free hand.
- Ranger hit detection has been totally re-worked following the new mechanisms introduced for e.g. the Scoundrel. You will find that hits are more accurate now, no longer collide with invisible boxes, and generally feel more responsive.
- Introduced two new Level 30 Ranger talents; Critical Aim: Increases the radius of Weak Points, and hitting a weak point from 40+ meters away deals +50% damage instead of +20% damage; Needler: Passive weak points appear every 3 seconds instead of 5, and if you hit a spot within the first second of it appearing, the bonus is increased to 35% damage.
- The damage of Rain of Fire has been increased by 25%.
- The damage of Piercing Arrow has been increased by 10%.
- The damage bonus available from globes has been increased by approximately 14%.