Beta 6 Ranger Feedback

The ranger arrows not respawning should be fixed now I believe, or if not then in the next patch they will be.

2 Likes

Let me know if arrows disappearing is still happening as of now.

So about the level 30 talents, as i mentioned on the patch notes thread they boost precision much more than rapidity, and after testing them i confirmed my concern:

• A charged shot with the right conditions will hit a weak spot for +100% damage with precision vs +70% with rapidity (which is A LOT of difference, especially on a crit)
  • Although rapidity’s weak spots appear about 1.6x faster, precision arrows deal 3x damage than rapidity’s which means much more boosted damage even if there wasn’t that +15% of difference on the boost that makes it even worse

To make them balanced:

• They need to have the same boost on charged shot
  • Rapidity’s weak spots should either appear 3x faster than precision or have a much higher boost only for basic arrows

Where were you with your complaints when the rapidity ranger was stronger then the precision ranger in normal Orbus? :upside_down_face:

(also devs said before it is more difficult and thus more change on failed hits for the precision ranger which results in less total dps when we not talking about robots shooting)

PS: Those 2 talents are not forced upon by precision vs rapid ranger so yeah in theory you can go for that 100% bonus too :grimacing:

1 Like

I remember everyone in old orbus thinking precision was better than rapidity because it was impossible to keep up 4 arrows per second throughout a boss fight, which still hasn’t been changed, making rapidity much more difficult and effort consuming than precision ever will be

Well they made the precision now harder by forcing them to stand 40+ meters away. The second a mob moves their dps drops dramatically :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I would argue that precision rangers are probably going to use the rapidity talent because the targets are too small to hit at 40m.

Obviously i haven’t gotten to lvl 30 yet, so i dont know how much bigger they are with the talent. This is just an assumption based on the size at 20m and how often i can hit them within my precision timer.

The problem here is that ‘precision’ as it is currently implemented is actually just ‘slower rapidity’ because you are still not having enough time to actually aim your shots since you have to shoot every second on the dot in order to deal any damage, and if you miss by even a fraction of a second, you do nothing.

heaven forbid that this patch precision is slighty better in dps than rapidity. Keep in mind that they are trying to increase precision damage slightly over rapidity because rapidity was already higher dps.

1 Like

Slightly? The difference is pretty noticeable imo, you’ll probably see what i’m talking about once you hit 30 and try both talents.
Also you could argue that it’s harder to hit the weak spots from 40m but once endgame players get to play a lot with it i’m sure they’ll get close enough to the skill cap, it’s like saying mages do more damage because casting is harder yet i see people spam-casting like it was nothing.

so you’ve tried both, how much bigger are the targets with the 30 talent and how often can you hit them from 40m?

Targets are double size with the left talent, i definitely had less accuracy from that range but nothing waaaaay harder like the devs probably expected, the double size helps a lot with that.
And consider i’ve always played rapidity, a precision ranger can do better than i did on my test.

i’ll take your word for it then (not likely i’ll get to 30 by the end of weekend). i’m pretty good at hitting the targets at 20m. This is of course all depending on how the bosses are implemented in reborn. currently very few bosses are ever at 40m away. The ones that are move constantly, which really sucks for this kind of mechanic.

can we go back to the old way the arrow positions worked? i often find that my poison arrow shifts to the left too far and i cant grab it without rotating my body right and then back left again (to recenter).

1 Like

I haven’t played the ranger in Reborn much. Do their arrows have the deadzone like the bard instrument now? I really hope that’s at least configurable at some point. Possibly disableable, depending on how well it actually functions, which I’m skeptical of.

1 Like

yes, and it is really annoying. looking down is massive loss in dps, so we have to know where our arrows are at all times. With the old way, it was always exactly in the same spot on our hips, but in the new one, it moves.

The distance which you need to pull back the arrow to do full damage is higher in reborn than it is in orbus. I’ve been noticing this the last couple days and finally went back to normal orbus to test it, i can do full damage consistently without effort at all in orbus, while in reborn i need to stretch my left arm and hit my chest with the right controller. It’s really annoying since it cuts a lot of damage while rapid-firing, can you decrease that distance requirement to match how it is in orbus?

3 Likes

I’m having a lot of trouble grabbing my right arrow, if my trap is up 95% of the time I will grab that instead and it will fling off in some random direction, if my trap isn’t there then I will tend to grab at the air cause my arrow isn’t where it used to be, it’s super annoying, I know you said previously that you would change the delayed body turn thing so it only effects bard as you added it in for them, any ETA on this?

There is an issue with weak points not showing up at all. Relogging fixes it.

If that happens again can you send us your output log from the launcher, its located on the lower left of the of the launcher, Thanks

There is something funky going on with charge piercing too can’t quite work out what it is, lack of feedback from it when firing or something, was bugging me last night