Beta 6 Ranger Feedback

It just happened again. I sent the log.

i’ve seen where charge shot doesn’t register as a finished charge some times. is that what you were seeing?

finally got to 30. even double the size it was near impossible to hit from 40m (and boss rooms are still too small for it anyway). definitely going with my original statement that ppl are just going to use the rapidity talent.

If it was 30m and not 40, i could see ppl using it a lot.

The weak spots stop showing up if i stop attacking for a second for a charged shot or change position, can you change it so you just need to be in combat to spawn weak spots instead of attacking? Also:

is this going to be addressed before the beta ends? It’s a major issue for rapidity.

This is interesting because I don’t think we made any actual changes to that. I can double-check the code but I’m 99% sure it’s the same. Is it possible it’s a perception thing based on not having an actual arrow in your hand anymore (so like you’re bringing your hand closer to the bow to start or something?)

I do the same movements i’ve always done yet the arrow won’t fully pull back unless i completely stretch my left arm, resulting in much less damage.
It’s possible something else is affecting this (although it’s not just perception) but reducing the distance would solve the issue anyway

I think the weak points are a great addition to the ranger class. The skill cap for rangers has gone up a ton and I really feel challenged to get better. Thanks Devs.

Can you extend the length of the Training room in the house to 41m+ so we can test the new talents properly please? 31m isn’t enough

3 Likes

I think I noted this in a previous patch note but the talent descriptions may still be out of date. But the requirement to get the extra damage on the weak points, and to get the bonus damage from Arrow Sight, is now just 30 meters, not 40.

1 Like

Arrow Sight doesn’t give any boost at any range (i tried from 1m to 65m and did the same damage on any distance)

Haha, you’re right, somehow an = sign got deleted, I’ll get that fixed for tomorrow’s patch.

3 Likes

You can get more special arrows from the beginner weapons npc and equip 2 of the same arrow, it probably works with other classes too

Yeah we’re aware of this and working on a fix.

it ‘works’ for other classes, but as far as i know, ranger is the only one who can actually use duplicates. If you put down a duplicate as a shaman, the original dissapears. i think muskie orbs share cooldowns as well, so if you use one, the other goes away.

Well all the same it’s unintended so I am just going to put out a patch to make not even equip them in the first place if you put more than one of the same in a slot.

Okay I just rolled out a patch to the overworld zones (and future dungeon runs etc.) that will make it so if you equip multiple of the same class item to a slot, basically it just does nothing (e.g. the arrow will just never show up at all).

Is anyone else having a problem with the ranger where your keep grabbing your compass as you are shooting the arrows? I keep accidentally grabbing the compass and because of the sticky fingers I keep getting thrown off by it getting stuck to my hand. I play with the bow in the horizontal position like a crossbow instead of vertical, that and the compass being in a higher position that in o.g. Orbus I believe is contributing to my issue.
Is there going to be an option to lower the Accessories or ability to disable the compass while the weapon is deployed?

1 Like

Just had bug where the weak point doesn’t disappear, sent log via launcher

This only really happens to me when I’m sat down

weak spots are still getting stuck on occasion, but it seems quite rare now.

i grab my critter gun instead.