Beta 6 Scoundrel Feedback

You’re saying after just a few shots you can no longer hit mobs and the cards don’t draw anymore? Can you send me an output log after that happens so I can take a look at what’s going on?

Yeah, This mainly happens in PvP or when spam firing with a card in my hand, Ill send you a output log when this occurs again.
But you can see with the other desyncing bugs I mentioned above you can see why I’m kinda frustrated.

the super recharge is now way to hard to get to full , it would be nice to get a bit between the great recharge at the start and the charge we have now

About how long in combat do you think it takes to charge now?

I currently after the last update have not had it charge once

Ideas for Scoundrel Quality of Life Improvements:

Storing vs Using card - Instead of the current motion of putting the card on the waist, a simple motion command could be used. Ex) To use a card, a player would release the card above the deck; to store a card, a player would release the card below the deck.

Card-specific Gun Animation - It does not feel like the card and the gun are connected. This could be fixed by changing the bullet color based on which card is being used. Ex) vine-green, ash-black, fire-red, flint-purple, light-white, ice-blue.

Show-Off bonus reward and transparency - Its currently not very rewarding to hit those crazy rank 3+ curve shots. Adding a hit animation or audio cue would make hitting the shots feel good; clearly stating the bonus damage in the journal would let the players know why its important to prioritize the show-off bonus.

Ice card- I have not seen the slow change anything about the targets movement speed. This might need to be a little stronger. Currently, every ice card I get is burned because the extended vine card duration out shines that lackluster slow.

Some fun ideas that could increase skill based game play with scoundrel:

Show-Off bonus with Cards - Hitting a curve shot could change the magnitude of the selected card. When this occurs, the regular show-off bonus does not proc. ex) rank 1 show-off - 125% vine DOT vs rank 4 show-off 200% vine DOT.

Reload mechanic - Having the gun feel like a revolver would be a fun niche to add to the scoundrel. This could be accomplished by having a motion command trigger a reload action. Ex) Moving gun hand down to hip and back to shooting position.

definitely agree on the storing card change, the waist/belly/chest thing is too unreliable with no visual cue and often causes me to use a card unintentionally

the reload sounds nice in that it would be something other than waiting to die with a gun in limp-home-mode. The obvious catch is that waiting for a full reload could get you deader than getting a few plinks in 1 shot at a time when a fight is close. Perhaps a tradeoff to do a full reload at reduced overall time while being completely down for the duration, so we only do the pew… … dammit… pew… desperate single shots when it’s a near death situation (because it just feels lame). That would be a nice trade off, maybe even lower level talent worthy. I’d take that natural gap to set up a card or something then have a full 6 to shoot and feel like a cowboy again for 1.5 seconds haha

Okay so I’ve spent a solid hour tonight trying to track down the “cards won’t respond” issue. I can’t really get it to replicate, I’ve tried holding onto a card while firing, we did testing with PvP on, PvP off, every combo we could think of. So basically if you get it to happen again and could send an output log that would be much appreciated.

Also just to be clear what’s happening is the card deck just acts like it has no cards to draw? Gripping on it does nothing? Does it show a number when that’s happening or is the countdown timer just stuck?

Also in the next server-side update I improved the speed at which the Scoundrel Super charges, let me know if that helped. You should get a little charge on each bullet that hits something.

what I saw yesterday (but have not seen tonight, was it possibly fixed?) was that the deck would show with a count of cards, but attempting to grab one would do nothing as if the deck wasn’t there. It shows the count of the cards as if the deck was undisturbed, no counter.

The bug I saw was the same as in MasterGamingVR’s video here:

I took a stab at fixing it in an earlier patch today but someone said it was still broken, so I guess it’s useful info to know it was fixed for at least one person?

I’ll play with it more, but I did a run through a dungeon and screwed around and haven’t seen it yet tonight either so, cross fingers? :stuck_out_tongue: It happened pretty easily before so, if nothing else, maybe it’s much less frequent.

This is very hard to replicate, it seems random. I am too late to send a log since I relogged twice, will send it next time. What happened yesterday is that it was all fine for hours. When it happened my stack had 7 cards (it happened with 5 before so it’s not the talent), I was in the middle of the HS event and went to my menu to set a new talent, after I closed it the stack was stuck, the buff above of my last burned card was still visible.
Before that it mostly happened midst-fight and just stopped at 3 or 4.
When it happened it always showed a number and the stack is not responding at all, like a static item, one card sticks out under the top one a little to the right but not sure if that’s the default. This time equipping another weapon fixed it.

fake bullets when change shot fully charged if the mag fully recharges.

HI There,
The curved shout for the The Scoundrel does not seem to be working as it’s just doing the same damage as normal shots.

Regards
Paulo.

@Paul_B4 It boosts all shots afterwards depending on the curve ranking (and it stays up until the card icon on the enemy is gone).

So it doesn’t boost the curved shot itself. But works more like a weakness effect.

card drop bug is back again, you still need to eathere switch weapons or find the card and pick it up again

the new ‘gambit’ mechanic? throw a charged exploding card at the enemy! haha

So just checking in on this issue, just to be clear no one is getting the “deck won’t work at all” bug anymore, but we are still sometimes seeing weird issues where the card falls to the ground, but that is at least fixable by swapping weapons or picking up the card whereas the previous bug could only be fixed by relogging. Is that accurate?

1 Like

Yes I sadly got it again, 2-3 times today, but since a quick change to the musky weapon fixed it I was no further reporting. It happens randomly, one time I had autorun on and draw a card and could not draw the next to burn it, sometimes it happened midst-fight.

I never saw a card falling down, though, will see if that is actually what happens, perhaps while auto-running my card was not registered…

Edit: The bug was never fixed by relog for me.

It just happened again, deck froze in the midst of an event, I don’t think a card fell down before. I logged out and submitted the log.