Beta 6 Scoundrel Feedback

Thanks well take a look at the log and see if we can take another stab at it

I have had that issue as well

I just sent some video in showing the card falling down

Great thanks I will take a look at that. I think I am just going to end up re-working how that whole card grabbing system works internally now. It just has too many issues.

Few things/bugs:

• PLEASE add pictures of the cards in the journal, I am almost level 30 and still not entirely sure what actually is ash (i suppose the flame-card without the lines?!) and what flame
  • Storing cards hardly works if you got the harvester 2 equipped; I always grab that instead when trying to pull them out
  • Talents: A bit disappointing that there’s only one group-talent (Break Shot), especially for level 30 I hoped there is something; i’m curious if the true gambler does make any sense in groups, sounds a bit like suicide together with the crit-boosts this class got already via cards
  • Indicators: As already mentioned, we do need an indicator of the charged shot before shooting, it is real hard to see with only the blue bar
  • Indicators 2: Bullet Curve; I did not see a buff one single time, paying close attention, is there any indicator for it at all? Also I see no difference in dmg even if I am sure a curve hit. And this kind of movement kills my wrist anyway, even more than the warrior swings so I hope it keeps playing a minor role…
1 Like

charge shot is pretty easy just count the chamber rotations or memorise the recharge for the mag,
bullet curve buff looks like a hand holding card it appears on the enemy so its more of a debuff , try curving it harder it can be a pain

can we get the health, super and mag bars raised up about 3-5 mm thay interfere with the sights on the hand cannon

EDIT: This is superceded by more recent feedback, a LOT has changed with me understanding the later talents and some changes to the class mechanics since this was posted :slight_smile:

The super doesn’t seem that useful considering it takes a very very long time to charge, is it intended to let you hit rank 5 shots for a few seconds with wild curves, I suppose fun for PVP ganking but not a huge impact on a PVE fight, I believe I fired it but didn’t even notice.

• A suggestion would be a reasonably long (5s?) window of unlimited ammo, and very fast/instant card cycling or something so you can ‘go ham’.

I made it to lvl 12 so far and all of the talents seem pretty lackluster. In other classes I’ve played there was a real tendency to work toward a synergistic play style with your selections.

• I did not want a second fire card so had to take 10% deck speed which I don’t notice. I can’t even remember what the first talent was. With my old ranger I was definitely choosing a playstyle with my talents (although there wound up being only 2 real combinations people tended toward)

I’d love to see a talent where I could ‘stash’ a second card so I can work toward favorable rotations quicker. I find myself rotating a full deck before almost every fight just to set up a favorable fight, trashing several cards and trying to keep 1 stashed. That card timer combined with the ‘out of ammo’ means the class feels like it has a whole lot of ‘hurry up and wait’

cards I want every fight

• flame (purple charge for poison), poison/vines, light (purple charge for poison + heal) and occasionally flint (purple charge to spread)

meaning I am only interested typically in burning the light and (is it ash?) cards for spread, and using one of the cards above, and stashing something useful from the same list.

I never use ice or ash unless it’s just a card to throw out because I have to keep shooting and don’t want downtime while everybody else fights.

1 Like

how about tracking and unlimited ammo but your damage is say ether halved or 1/3.

Wait until you get to bosses, where every time you get light you sigh because it is totally useless.

I prefer the idea of setting up your deck the way you want (don’t take useless cards with you into encounter). I also would like a way to start fights with a better set aside from sitting there cycling through your deck for 10 seconds.

Maybe they could work together like whenever you start combat, you always have the same order for the first cycle. That order would be dictated by the order of the cards you selected.

1 Like

Yeah I am struggling with this too because I know the design concept is ‘luck of the draw’… the problem is players will always min/max what works for them which makes it a bit klunky

Is the ice card supposed to slow monster movement? I’ve tried it on mobs and they seem to just run right up and I don’t notice a difference.

1 Like

I didn’t notice any significant effect either. I used it to overwrite a mage frost3 and it was like it gained super speed. Also if players are having a hard time distinguishing the effects between ash and flame maybe the devs should do another pass over all the cards to make sure they’re functioning correctly.

Yeah ice card isn’t working

Couple issues: Cheat doesn’t seem to be working, ice doesn’t do anything, flame procs crit more often than Ash (Ash usually doesn’t do anything)

1 Like

I feel the same way, I need to do some more test with the ash card. Maybe it would make sense to be able to look at your stats and see if the 10% is applied when you have the card up.

I can still sometimes not grab my cards still :man_shrugging: Like grabbing the cards results in your hand disapearing but not card grabbed.

Ok well keep digging into it, anything that reproduces it?

Potency doesn’t work either. Spread (Purple glow) is the only empower that seems to function.

1 Like

I tested potency, it definitely increased the duration of poison (and probably other debuffs), it went from 9 ticks to 14 ticks for me so ~50%