Beta 6 Scoundrel Feedback

I tested cheat and it definitely reshuffled… the number of cards in the deck didn’t change… but the next card draw left the number the same… there was indeed an extra card in there.

Hmm that’s odd. I’ve had it where the number went up (6 to 7) and also when nothing changed (6 still went to 5). Potency didn’t do anything to flame when I tried it on the dummy. It’s either sporadic, or only works on certain cards. Potency is supposed to increase duration of buffs, damage/heal of flame/light, and increased crit change of Ash. I haven’t seen it consistent.

just had my deck lockup again twice.

both times had a card stashed. The first time, I used the stashed card and my deck count went down (is that supposed to happen?) and eventually it unstuck. The second time it didn’t… but it’s still hung I think a relog may be needed

If you could send us your output log with the launcher report bug feature after you close out that would be super helpful, thanks.

Ok did that, firing the game back up

just had another strange, deck was stuck at 0 cards from login. I sent a log and have a vid of it but it’s just a deck stuck at 0 nothing special to see

Just saw the log come in, thank you for sending it, well keep looking at the deck issues and see what we can track down.

I had my deck freeze again today. On a separate occasion, I had my hands empty but when I pulled the trigger I heard the netgun sound. Could the deck issues be related to ‘having something in your hand that’s not showing up’?

the card timer is just too slow, painful. The speedup talent has no noticeable impact

When point blank (every fight after the initial monster charge) the scoundrel has a fairly high chance of hitting himself when trying to curve and get a showfoff bonus (which isn’t possible point blank probably… but…)

stop hitting yourself

Really hard to see the rank at times. Can you make this show up 10x bigger above the mob so we can see it easier.

If I charge 3 bullets and hold the trigger for a while (about 10 seconds) and release, nothing happens. I then need to recharge to shoot again.

As others have mentioned deck gets stuck a lot. I notice it happening more after I use a teleport pillar.

1 Like

I think the gun needs to ‘indicate’ that a charge shot is active somehow

1 Like

The Guaranteed Win talent crits every 7th shot, not 6th

How many of the empower/card combinations are 0 effect? is there a way to help players not waste their random draws on nothing?

ice seems broken
ash seems to have a very low probability of being uesful, and does no more than fire when it is
empower + fire,ash,light didn’t seem to do anything obvious
aoe + fire, ash, light seem to have no effect

1 Like

On a similar note, the new “mob charge/elastic band behind you and continually reposition” mechanics make curve shot very low utility when soloing or without a tank, when not in a dungeon… combat is point blank all the time. Scoundrel is sort of hamstrung by design because no doubt it’s balanced around the idea that it can do some sort of 50% dmg buff that nobody can ever enjoy. (my test char with Scoundrel is lvl 20 and has never hit more than a lvl 2 outside of a dungeon boss… maybe WMR control accuracy is part of that, and obviously I’m the other part :stuck_out_tongue: )

Suggestion: I thought about about the ‘card timer’ which is very very slow, and I think one very small but impactful quality of life change would be to start the timer when the card is drawn, not when it’s stashed, burned or played. My reasoning is that once you draw a card you have no choice but to use it… having the deck stall while you’re fidgetting to hit the stash/belly button point (which needs some sort of visual cue) is just another slow down that prevents you from acting quickly and is frustrating.

Suggestion. Make the talents more impactful than 10% buffs, another bullet, a crit every 10s or so, many classes get entire new mechanics through talents… I could honestly skip the entire talent tree and not feel hugely impacted with scoundrel.

• A second stash slot would make a card juggling playstyle much improved
  • improved hit boxes to help land >lvl 2 showoff buffs would be another nice talent. Maybe the server logs can back up the distribution of showoff buffs… my guess is it’s 90% lvl 1… occasionally lvl 2 (often just because of the cheese talent)… really curious to see how frequently people are managing lvl 3-5 (and how much of that is giant dungeon bosses)
  • a speed up on the reload tick for charged shots would be a nice “all or nothing” risk, get more virtual bang with a charged shot because it’s ticking faster… but risk a big miss

Suggestion.
make the gun shoot straight UNLESS you want to attempt a curve shot, a slight jitter can cause a complete miss because it’s interpreted as a curve shot

Suggestion.
replace ice and ash cards with something more impactful to gameplay. A root (slow movement seems moot since all mobs seem to charge now, and if that’s what ice does it doesn’t work anyways) card would be nice because I could reposition and at least ATTEMPT a curved shot when enjoying the class with trash, solo, or questing etc.

1 Like

bug: fully curved bullets give lower ranks if yo:expressionless:u do slower not full agrresion movements… even no rank at all sometimes… I need to extremely aggresive but you get the same curve with a lot less reward… fix plz to prevent broken arm problems

The other thing that affects the rank is the distance from the target, so that’s something to keep in mind as well. I can lower the maximum contribution from the “curve force” though so that you don’t have to do it quite as hard.

1 Like

yeah I know the distance matters that wasn’t the test I was demonstrating. But the rank is clearly determined by the movement speed of the gun and not the curve of the bullet. That is the problem I am addressing. Unless I am seeing the curve amount wrong…

Well movement speed of gun left-to-right when you release the trigger helps determine amount of curve. I made a change so that maximum amount required is a little lower in the patch that just went out, so let me know if that feels better.

really interested in this too, those upper ranks seem like unobtainium

1 Like