Beta 6 World/Environment Feedback

There was also a case of one in the Highsteppe event who instantly reset, and was thus invulnerable the entire time. He didn’t really do anything, so it didn’t hurt the event, thankfully.

there was one thing i suspect might be causing some of it… Which is aggro radius. When I fire a spell from too far back on my rune mage it seemed that the enemies were auto-leashing instead of coming to attack me.

Okay yeah I mean if the enemy determines it is too far away to attack you then it just doesn’t come after you (e.g. it’s chase distance). I can look at increasing that (I know some Rangers have been requesting it) but I don’t think I would consider that a “stuck” mob, I assume that’s a different issue?

For the end users me or the rangers, it has the same result.

• When I attack a mob, it immediately leashes.
  • When I attack a mob, i can see its health bar indicating that it is in combat for a split second and then i can no longer see its health bar.

In the case of pathing issues:

• When I attack a mob, it runs off in a different direction from me until it hits leash distance and then leashes.
1 Like

Right I guess I was tracking it more like “this mob is stuck and I am right next to it and I attack it and nothing happens.” But I’ll work on those issues too.

“Knight’s Fort” Teleport pillar still doesn’t work, I’ve reported this in the last 2 beta tests too, it still uses your reagents

1 Like

that aligns with some of the strange pathing, I’ve seen monsters run giant loops to get to me, if that’s TOO far they’ll just reset?

It’s the same distance as if you pull them and then run. At some point they leash and reset. Just the game is probably calculating direct line distance to get you aggro and then having the creatures run pathing to get to you. If the pathing takes them elsewhere, the calculation of distance causes them to leash

Yes this is on my list still, sorry will get it fixed.

1 Like

So we put out an update where mobs will now at least try to get to you and then only give up if they actually go too far, I also increased the overall chase distance as well. Let me know if that helps at all.

I tried attacking an enemy from way up on a cliff. It ran all the way to me. I’ll have to test this in the dungeons to see if this lets you cheese bosses by pulling them crazy distances.

I tried fighting some of the purple guys in the highsteppe area, and on the causeway overlooking the huge warrior statue. I still ran into enemies that would leash immediately upon taking damage without trying to reach me.

Just a general feedback, farming often feels like in the wilds, most of the time I am busy leashing mobs… the worst area is Hulthin’s Basin it shouldn’t be that you even have to search out corners for leashing if you only wanna continue trying on the dragon race (where they sticked close behind me).

Also, I get that rare mats should be protected but like several brutes and a cloud of elite-minions jumping on someone all together when trying to get something off their feet - consequently almost insta-dying - that is a bit much (this happend in a corner in HS, I believe they guard wilting sun).

what level are you when trying to get those?

I believe around 22-23

Fat fly and Snake bits are fishing ingredients and are soulbound, is this intended?

No we’ll get that fixed.

cant delete soul bound items in current orbus in reborn like narwal horn

Orientation Feedback:
Lamavora should have more compass info and possibly way points. Compass in general is hard to read for me btw it needs to be held/pointed to an exact angle to show anything.

Lost finding Wastelands: Again… I did not find it in the last Beta and almost gave up on finding it in this one. Following the waypoints starting at HS it lead me straight to Hulthin’s Basin, I passed all the way through only to end up in Lamavora… on second try I follow a waypoint in Lamavora which lead me to Hulthin’s Basin, again with apparently no Wasteland entry anywhere!
Finally I got a tipp in chat to port to demon’s cave in the Rainforest, from there I searched quite a while and a little path finally lead to doors, here it is. But this could be easier to find.

Fishing Feedback:

• You can’t see potion effects on the fishing rod anymore, can these be put below the xp bar?
  • I was having troubles getting the rod to stay in my hand, it would take multiple times for it to stick.
  • The line doesn’t turn red, I snapped my line 5 times.
  • When fishing in the flood rain forest, if you catch an eel, it breaks the rod. The eel is invisible and and you have to unequip and re-equip your fishing rod.
  • A few spots flooded rainforest near the portal stone, when reeling my rod in, my line would end up in the trees about 20 meters above my head.
  • I did not get extra fish for having PvP turned on. This should be 2x. You are at a very big disadvantage when fishing with PvP on as you can’t carry any potions and if you get killed, you will lose all your fish scent attractors. Plus someone without PvP on can walk by you, teleport home turn PvP on and come back to kill you. You also can’t sit down and watch netflix. It’s going to be very hard for anyone to fish with PvP on.
2 Likes