Beta 6 World/Environment Feedback

yea, i had this issue during the first beta. it was reel-ly bad.

1 Like

This. What exactly do I need to do to get the lure stick in my hand, before that’s not fixed I likely don’t fish. And my first hard-earned mats all went broke due to the lure snapping.

As for fishing being dangerous that depends on timezone. I played the beta this morning, at the time of the lowest server count, just like in the original game not meeting anyone. There’s way more guilds focusing pve currently, I guess 70% of players or more don’t even care for running back and trying to kill you.
It’s the safest thing in the world to just fish in a corner during a time with low server count, I did that since months in the wilds with zero attacks and this is a very limited area not the vast reborn world… The problem with double fish is that it gives advantages wayyy above the double resources which likely every pvp-player knows who is demanding this.
Fish is the ingredient running out first when mass-crafting and some types are constantly rare on the market, not because they are from pvp zones, but because of the time and effort needed to craft lures and all. Thus pvp would dominate the market entirely, and lastly force everyone to have it on while fishing who really wants to compete (in pve), just my 2 cents.

As for times with high player count, fishing is mostly a non-spontaneous action anyway, most people start with grabbing lures, potions etc. in HS, can turn pvp off there and when done everyone usually ports home, then turn pvp on again, not much of a problem…

Are you planning on keeping the current leveling chest? If so, is the plan to have them give out as much stuff as they do now? I suggest to just get rid of it or just have one piece of gear drop from it? There is way to many items coming out of them now, in fact it is a pain to have to sort through the mess. It will also hurt the market on those goods that should have been crafted from the outside.

For the sticky behavior right now in theory all you need to do is grab it, wait a second for haptic feedback and it’s sticky. It should enable if you don’t move your hand for a second or two. Does it not work like that for you?

The world event over by Demon’s Cave Teleport to Protect the camp can be cheesed. A Lot of the mobs will stop agroing at one end of the camp and you can stand there and wait it all out.

World Event @ Wagon Graveyard has issues with spawners and nearby mob aggro… 3 people only spawned 1 enemy at a time and then when attacked, the nearby truffle hogs charged in.

Also World Event Sicilus Fishing has the same issue it had previously… It repeatedly spawns monsters and they don’t go away or cap on max out, so if you arrive late (with nobody active there), you walk into a storm of mobs. If you somehow manage to finish it, the storm of mobs disappears but if you’re in combat with them you get stuck in combat and have to hard reset (crash game and restart). Also doesn’t give any xp or completion credit to that person even if they’ve thrown fishes in.

i finally was able to record the issue i was having with the teleport on slopes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13XKMZ1CuBX1w8Z4ctJo94L48pDpXdws1

Also, the pointing mechanism still really doesnt work. I feel like it would be easier to give us an item that we can equip/use to target ppl from afar in a better way.

The signs telling you where to go are sometimes really annoying. they dont seem to only show paths to nearby zones (like i would expect). when you are in the rainforest, if you follow the signs toward lamavora, it leads you through the entire rainforest zone, then points to a cavern. You think ‘ah, finally got to lamavora’ and then when you go in, you are accosted/destroyed by high level mobs in the basin because it actually led you to the basin. The signs continue to point towards lamavora… telling you to go straight through the basin.

Imo if it isnt a directly connected zone, the signs shouldnt point you through other zones to get there.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed with the compass that the landmark arrows will appear immediately, but when you rotate the compass so you’re facing an arrow, it can take a full 1-2 seconds to load the label for that arrow. Makes the compass pretty slow to use.

2 Likes

No it does not. I tried over 20 times and one time it stuck (haptic feedback I did not notice; my strength is at max in settings) but this is a pain… I notice I can’t hold it still entirely, I drink alot of coffee it is always shaking a little, perhaps that is why.

Other notes:

• Int/Str behavior: I just went fishing in the original to compare and it was so nice and smoothly, pulled over half a stack in 20mins
    In reborn the fish pulled like crazy, then went away 30 meters suddenly and then the line snapped for no reason; reeling in a sunfish this way will likely take me a minute I mean, what?? Likely I miss the old int and str on my fishing gear, but I was level 17 in fishing - not only from cheating/turning in quests xp but from tons of hours of fishing - this progress should carry over imo!
  • Reeling is still hard, mainly because I almost bump my controllers together when I don’t pay attention, the lure is likely closer to the reeling point than in the original (I am on oculus touch controllers)

Cut Throat Forest teleport pillar has the hour glass flipped backwards, also when you cast the mage portal there it just disappears when you press a on the control, it still uses a reagent even though it doesn’t make the portal

The Public event in the wastelands, the wildlife that walks through the event end up effecting it, so if they walk through one of the rings it will go Grey or Red, could this be changes so they don’t effect it or don’t spawn as close to the event?

The bears are so damn cool looking though! Would totally have a mini one as a pet :wink:

2 Likes

Made a change so only monsters that spawn for the event affects zone captures. That should roll out at some point in the near future.

4 Likes

Mobs that teleport do not use the new distance for resetting. They will teleport to you and then reset. Mobs that run to you will not reset at that distance. I used it a lot to separate groups of tear enemies.

still having issues with fishing. my lure randomly teleported somewhere else and i can no longer finish reeling. I had this same issue in beta 1. i sent in the report w/ logs.

Where were you at when that happened? Like which body of water?

highstep. i had the same issue before in rainforest. Here is a link to a video i captured of it. I’m pretty sure the code to have the fish ‘move’ is borked atm.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CZcJWa1GsNpgOr5EPmuvaJe0wQ_ounvT

If you watch the last few seconds of it, you can see it literally teleporting to the other side of the lake.

sorry, converted to a link because it didnt seem to be working as a video.

World Event Sicilus Fishing again having issues. I did it solo-player and it took WAY more fishes to pass, to the point that I failed in the end. I definitely hit with the fishes as I watched at least 40 disappear into her boat.

And because I was still being attacked at the end, I glitched out with combat bug I mentioned previously. This has been the same issue since the first betas. @Riley_D please fix!!!

Tried Stuck Combat, works for a second (music changes) and then back to combat.

Edit: I submitted report (and it worked for once!)

Sorry about that, well look into it and see what is going on and get that fixed, just to confirm though do we need to do anything to your character to continue playing or are you able to play still?