Blog - Upcoming Content Preview, Dungeons, Shard Increase, and more

You know most ad hominem sentences starting with “every time…” are just plain bs (and what does it matter for the topic - not mine, your post states the most obvious points, once again, and? thats how forums work.)

If you’d read my actual posts you’d know I am a collector, I collect ALL the gear in the game, noting it all down in the excel sheet Rickness provided lol.
What I state here is the very recent experience of mine that by sorting stuff out in the chest I realized the mere amount we got in there by now is already insane. Do we need to fill that chest up even more and doubling things, adding supposedly small changes, I think not. Small changes would not even do what people hope, distinguish them from others and a former obvious try to distinguish one and the same gear (gold foil) went pretty much the wrong way.

The other point stated is exactly relevant for collectors (like me) since some might miss the one or other part from the OG. Unlike than in rl where you can trade there’s no way to complete that collection now, even with gear “coming back” (and at the same time, not coming back, if it is altered) which is a point which, again, never had been brought up before.
Most pieces I miss are not even discussed yet tho, they are wild gear which is why I brought up bringing this back, as well.

(Also I don’t agree the content was “more difficult”, I mean, what? Skywalk was done as fast as Broken Halls, in a few mins, many mob groups were so much easier, glitches were exploited left and right, additionally, to make a good deal of that content real easy; hm-raids were done by so much more people than in reborn; the only thing really “hard” was the expert raid which amounts to the Reborn hm raid though, comparing the number of people successfully doing it, expert in the OG possibly even had more - btw wasnt the expert gear just same models anyway? What gear exactly marks the excellent players in the OG and not only the fact that you got past the beginner raids/shards like nearly everyone who played regularly…?)

A couple notes (I don’t have all the answers for the questions and comments at the moment) I can touch on:

• Tinkering is built with a pretty open mechanic, so while we are starting with the things outlined in the post, definitely send us feedback and suggestions for what type of thing you might like to be able to make and we’ll take that under consideration after the feature launches. Keep in mind we have no plans to make combat equipment (e.g. weapons, armours, accessories) with this feature at this point though.

• The T14-T15 dungeon selection is something we’re evaluating and we might have more to talk about later.

• @Ewok From the blog, I believe this is only for the initial unlock of the dungeon, but will double check.

4 Likes

Thats the point. You think not. Not everyone thinks the way that you do. Some people enjoy having things that can no longer be obtained.

It’s not like you are getting actual pieces of gear for the OG transmogs. They will just appear as options in the transmog wardrobe, and you won’t have to spend any time getting them because the ones from OG will no longer be obtainable.

If I had it my way the OG transmogs would just be rewarded to the OG players and be completely unobtainable in Reborn, but since this isn’t going to happen the OG gear should at least have some sort of differentiation compared to the Reborn gear.

That’s just how collecting goes sometimes. Things become unobtainable, and the ones that already exist become that much more valuable. Thats why people want the OG transmogs to be different from the Reborn ones. So people know by looking at their gear that they are a veteran.

There are always going to be some dungeons that can be completed easily, but the extremely fast times on skywalk were achieved at the very end of OG Orbus, while people were getting fast times on broken halls a week after launch.

agree to disagree

you say this like it doesn’t happen in Reborn

there are no hard mode raids in Reborn

I would disagree. Bosses 2, 3,4, and 5 were all more difficult IMO

Consider the fact that OG orbus didn’t have that many new people playing the game every day, so most of the games population were people who had already been playing for a while and were good at their classes. In Reborn, I’d say the majority of the game’s population is newer, and hasn’t been playing for nearly as long as OG players had been when the Expert raids were released.

All the Spiro gear and all the ancient gear showed that you were an expert at the game. There aren’t really any pieces of gear in Reborn that have that same feeling.

Also keep in mind that in OG, all of the shards and raids were being done for the first time. No one knew what they were doing, people were much worse at their classes than they are now, and no methods had been developed to deal with any of the new difficulty that was added to the game at the time. So yes, it was more difficult.

Oh no what have I spawned with my personal opinion…

1 Like

more personal opinions.
xD

But I agree that olbus gear should be slightly different from the reborn one’s we’ll receive.
Would be shitty if the “slightly different” new transmogs turns out to be better looking.

Never played olbus tho so I’m slightly baised on it. lol.

I don’t care sooo much really… just don’t think a “slight difference” is worth it for anyone :smiley:

The most important thing is said now, my day is so much brighter. Having full spiro and ancient least on my main means… I was an expert at the game!!! :heartbeat: :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t expect anything with stats attached, although a ring or two with something mid-range could be interesting. Besides that, is there any consideration that might be made for tools with combat or non-combat use? For example:

• A tool to send an item to a friend on your list, like a carrier pigeon.
  • A tool to administer a potion to a party member, maybe attached to potions, creating a new stackable item that’s used like a gun.
  • A tool to look through and see player names from far away up close. Or to see health numbers on enemies. Or to see invisible people.
  • A tool to display a piece of equipment in a pop-up, to show off it’s stats or offer a tradeable item to a group.

Any update on what the level of the gear will be coming out of the lvl 15 shards?

3 Likes

Also curious, but my best guess would be it’s +6 … and +5 starting at some level before that. Else all the people who are full +5 already would not even need to bother with the new content, gearwise, and those full +4 would need to grind through 5 levels of shards, doing all in time, with no chance of upgrades in between, which would pose zero motivation, least for me.

I am a bit late on saying it but I hope you guys consider making the shard gear of the lvl 15 shard not better or worse in every aspect then the raid gear. I rather hope something like the secondary stats are better for the shard gear, and primary lvl is better of the raid. Thus a hybrid were you need to collect both for max gear.

1 Like

Ehm seriously…? People nearly left the game, waiting for this upcomin content ya know to finally have goals to go for again and for most gear is THE incentive to play. If all current dungeons (minus Airship) only give a +4, who would bother doing ANY 11-13, that’s gonna kill the playerbase off, completely.

Also, digging thru increasingly harder mutation-combinations only to earn some secondary stats? I mean, currently you get a max of +2 sec. stats as a reward from lvl 10s, compared with 7-9, while a potion gives you 250. This doesn’t make a difference, it’s farmed for fun at most. Now imagine that was only +3 gear dropping in there… even if it’s 10x as much secondary stats who would go for higher shards for other reasons than for fun…

Lol if you want to go that route then I would recommend anyone to not go for anything because gear is not useful anyway :wink: def not gear that is only 1 tier higher.

There is no reason to get gear except for transmogs AND showing off. You show off your higher stats, thats all. Unless you are a tank that uses it specifically for some fights. (You will still survive everything with bad gear if your good enough though :joy:)

Also if the secondary stats like vitality and defense will get boosted by something like 40 more points it still has an impact on the armour. Like maybe half of a lvl higher armour more defense. So it is still impactful and useful to have if armour mattered :wink:

Why I am asking for this is because it is important to get ppl to keep having an incentive to go for raids AND shards. If the shards give higher stuff of everything and it is easier to organize a shard group then hardmode raid group and the goldfoil gear is alot uglier in the hardmode raids (opinion, but still majority) then you can already guess what will happen over time. I won-'t get that far as saying raids will die, but ppl will be doing it alot less.

(The plan was to also have it with getting something like +4.5 gear out of it, so it is still an upgrade from lower shards. But again it was just a suggestion. I just want in the end a trick to let ppl continue raids and shards. It can be implemented any other way)

4 Likes

You know likely it will turn out like you wish anyways because it’s way easier to make it all stale … but how many do hardmode raids even? Two guilds are listed currently and half of these guys announced on forums they quit or paused, except for the “boring” weekly raids.
As for people not doing stuff for gear, well, are we playing the same game? Regardless of what its actual effect is, the 99% of people I play with are focused on that, what else, choosing shards after that criteria, we constantly look who needs what. When everyone is totally maxed and nothing to get for alt classes either, people quit, it is just like it is. Because yea why play else, the gear is the - current actually only - reward for playing, just like in any other mmo.

Providing 10 man content as the ultimate source of max gear for a game which got - currently - around 30 players at our prime playing time is a big joke in itself.

As for it is “easier to organize a shard group then hardmode raid group” well… you just enter the hm raid and you are there. Done. It is easy to organize a raid group in certain timezones, namely, US, in others not so much, not even for normal raids.
Also the more people are in a group the easier it is to pull people, that’s way more likely than in 5man content.

To get a lvl 10 shard, on the other hand, and level it up further is alot of work and to get a lvl 15 will be even more work (if you’re not having the selected elites in which cruise thru it first day anyway). We collected 10s and are prepared for a merry-go-round of down-and-upgrades for some weeks until we are perhaps there
If there’s no rewards for that, then what.

What about up’ing the raid rewards instead, ever thought about that? I’m all for makin raids valuable,but what the game needs is any sense of PROGRESS, drops, rewards, and sticking to current gear levels or giving out only minor progression will flatout be killing the new goals which at least some are looking for. People will check out new dungeons for fun and in two weeks we will likely be struggling, once again, to find groups since alot of them quit, reckoning there’s no goals to pursue anymore (and I might be amongst them btw…)

PS: And actually stats should be changed already to give a sense of real progress… - +5 armor on a +5 gear, yea, it’s neglectible, I went from 410 to 415 on a chest lately, well… shall I believe this does… anything?? Gear should help you to do content faster and smoother which you were struggling with before, yet except for the weapons Orbus just does not deliver this sense of progress, the number percentages are that small and idk why really.

2 Likes

It’s actually three guilds not two

As for secondary stats, those don’t matter at all, sure it’s nice if they are higher but they are pointless for anyone other than the tank as they don’t add to the dps/heals at all

3 Likes

Thats also the case for the main stats though. It is all about the weapon where the secondary stats kinda do help. Just like the main stats. The secondary stats just have less influence on the same thing that the main stats do. They don’t really help currently because the jump is only like 10ish points between weapons (which is less then a % more damage/defense etc.). But a jump of 40+ points will be actually be a help in % (probably even more of a jump needed to be honest).

I beleive she was fitting potato master race and alphabet into one guild.

Soooo you are agreeing with wanting a way to let the shard gear be useful to get just like raid gear at the same time? But you frustrated with the current situation of gear progression. And you don’t want a solution like I gave that gives in your eyes an insignificant unrewarding and unnoticable boost?

That is more a general game design/tune problem though. They didn’t add in obvious telltales that show for example on this specific attack you die if you don’t have +4 gear. Can’t be fixed with just upping the gear defense effect of lvl 15 shards or current raids. That can more be fixed with new mechanics that do those armour checks and are very clear in why your gear was useful or not high enough in that situation… Which is even for the tanks very vague ATM. Although higher stats might give an advantage in rare fights. Fun example boss 5 hardmode, as warrior if boss crits you, you unbend, period. Even if you have full +5 gear with crit reduction or on the other side of spectrum not even 30 gear. And you won’t unbend on a non crit hit. They could have tuned that getting most +5 gear would make the difference between unbend and not instead. And that for more situations for also dps and healers.

Ofc I do since Master Race is an alt-guild so yea… looking at rankings they don’t show much if you don’t know what’s goin on, it’s not only alts, but also guilds disbanding and reforming under new names; or the one and same handful of people joining other guild’s groups which can boost them to the top in an evening - but not that I care much.

They could make a business outta that btw, I got a slogan: “Lend a Cam, 1000 dram, hophophop, rocket to the top!” or so :smiley:

As for this, the lack of information is a good point and likely what I miss most of all… I remember calculating stats in other games, even having 3rd party tools to design your perfect gear set and it was totally clear what it does for your resulting stats, dmg, def in certain areas, you always had all the data.
Orbus is like a big grey pile of vague “yeaaa more armor is important even if it seems like only 1%…” but why? 1% or tiny bit more than that is nothing, to common sense. I got 410, why should 415 suddenly make a difference. It seems be full of secret mechanics noone knows. Or the numbers are just not matching the effect.
A progress like 40-80-120-160-200 on armor that would be understandable and most important, would also give a feeling as if you progressed.

And things like bosses able to onehit tanks with fully maxed out gear should simply not happen, this fight is a mere game of luck then.

However, I hope, something, anything is coming which gives that progress-feeling I miss. It also would be nice to have a hardmode raid in between the current normal and hardmode (actually expert) one, with decent rewards for it, so people could progress in smaller steps.

1 Like

It’s AlphaNovaFlies alt’s just some of the best players bunched in to one guild on alts, not just Alphabet, we no longer have enough players to make a full guild group anymore either

He quit, no Cam for you

2 Likes