BUG - Why Boss 2 Citadel is unfair to kill

@Jake_E @Mathieu_D @Outlander_Robert

Okay, after many many hours trying, I think we found the bug that makes boss 2 un-killable without insane dps. (Unless you can burn it before all the GUARANTEED deaths :joy:)

So here is the thing. The person who is chained has a change to die guaranteed when the boss jumps to that person. Why? Because the hitbox of the opposite chain will collide. We have HARD proof. And we did it many many times.

Here is an overdramatic murder that has to be shown as visual proof. 5 People were in the group. Which is enough.

Here is the important trimmed combat log to show what happens:

23:07:34:382 Atrillion took 51744 damage = Jump damage
23:07:34:382 Atrillion took 10349 damage = Self chain damage
23:07:34:382 Atrillion took 129361 damage = Stand someone else chain (death). THE BUG

And here the raw log:
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Yde took 51688 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Jump damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Yde took 10338 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Self chain damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Lawzy took 51605 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Jump damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Piupau took 51605 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Jump damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Atrillion took 51744 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Jump damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Atrillion took 10349 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Self chain damage
23:07:34:382 [Combat] Atrillion took 129361 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48) // Stand someone else chain. THE BUG!!!

Boss 2 did get killed by another group. But this was with burning it fast enough that not too many people died. Too fast for almost any reasonable dps group in Orbus.

Edit: proof of what number would equal standing in a chain. A complete seperate test:
22:58:26:386 [Combat] Piupau took 129013 damage from Enraged Brynjua(48)

6 Likes

Scott, your brain is one of the most valuable assets to this community.

3 Likes

another thing I’d like to say if it were going to be changed is that when the chains spawn and pools spawn under them the pool almost already one ticks them but then the chains just pretty much kills them instantly I feel that the chain should either take 5 seconds before it starts ticking or make the pools first tick do less damage

3 Likes

I think for us, we saw it insta kill people because they were two pools drop inside each other. We are forced to stack up to prevent dying. And then 2 pools drop inside each without warning and will instakill.

one thing I noticed is that after he reaches 50% it flip flops from stack/seperate

but that may be because time based or other things pretty much after the first stack mechanic we’d have him at half and then we’d split and dps down while we could

also one thing I forgot sometimes the three pools can still spawn I’m not entirely sure but somehow four pools spawned

I have tried explaining this to the devs i did not go into such detail but it is pretty frustrating, there is also more problems though

I would like to point out the player is insta-dying when the self-chain damage is also timed around the same time as the jump. Which is another scream pointing in the same direction that it is 200% the chain killing.

Can this be fixed today, so we still have a chance on killing it this week?

1 Like

Have also noticed a small player-sized pool that periodically spawns in after a jump. It is kind of odd.

what about the speed up in jump time between chain or is that part of the boss?

This 100% happens, happend in Elysium raid as well yesterday. Another thing that happened that day is him jumping, putting pools on dps, and rushing at the same time after the thrusday patch that was supposed to fix that. (pretty sure we would have killed it if that did not happen :confused:)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.