Cannot hear anyone talk in the game

Hi,

I am playing the standalone Quest 2 version and all of a sudden, I cannot hear anyone else. All other audio works well, but voice chat is not working and nobody can hear me either. This has gone on for three days now.

I have tried everything from toggling the voice chat settings, world mute on/off, reinstalled the game and created a new character - the issue still persists.

Anyone else with this issue?

Many thanks!

Hi, is it possible you accidentally turned on the global mute bubble function? If you hold B and Y for a few seconds it will toggle it on so that every player around you is muted and you won’t hear anyone. Holding these two again for a few seconds will then turn the feature back off.

Hope this helps!

I have already tried that many times and it unfortunately does not help.

You might make sure permissions are set correctly. If I remember right, you have to have microphone permissions enabled in order to use voice chat at all on the Quest.

Permissions are correctly set and voice is allowed. I have even tried to toggle it off and on. When I reinstalled the game, I had yo give permission again and it still does not work.

When you join the game are you in an oculus party?

Edit: also just making sure you checked all the individual volume adjustment sliders and they are all maxed out in the settings menu

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.