Challenge: Beta Super Leveler

You just need to do all the quests with the “Gold Star” above the NPC.

Got it. thanks. 20 char

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! And congrats to those who have gotten it done already!

So you’re saying you got from 1 - 12 without needing to do any grinding at all, just based on the XP from doing the Main Story quests (and killing the necessary monsters for them)?

Also you all finished it way faster than I would have thought, but I assume that’s because a) you’ve done them all before and rushed through it and b) you weren’t soloing them all and c) you’ve played the game a ton and are really good at it. Is that accurate? I guess how “fast” do you feel like you were going? Like are we talking “break-kneck speed don’t even stop to read the dialogue” or…?

and they used like 100+ runemage reagents

Haha, that makes sense.

I’ve done thru the second trial in just under 5 hours. I needed help with vibria at level 7 but I solod everything else. No reagents used. The spirits took me over 30 min due to the npc killing everything before I could get near them. I know you’re tracking it, just wanted to mention it was a time sink. Also the archives took awhile because guards would aggro through the walls. Non-stop combat from entering thru exiting the archives.

Yeha same problem with old character, guards walk through the walls in the archive :confused:

Break-neck speed for sure.

I was clicking through all the blue dialogue but just long enough for it to fully appear so it would be in my recording for later review for typos, etc.

• To be precise, the exp bar was almost full. So with a couple kills i could finish “Into the Wilds” at level 13 and the achievement at level 14
  • I rushed every quest skipping every dialogue, with an hour of break.
  • I didn’t use reagents (didn’t even took a wand) except a few portals asked around.
  • I solod everything except the Elite Wyvern (killed with Logan) and Elk carried me for the Jungle (there was a tiger near the altar, couldn’t solo it) and Desert (Elite Sandworms) parts of “Into the Wilds”

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

So there was a massive bonus XP given for completing the Challenge, so ignore that. So I think that means basically you would have only been Level 12 after doing just the Main Story quests.

You should have been Level 16 at that point (if you had been keeping up with grinding, side quests, etc.) And the higher-level Main Quests past that point that take you into the farther out zones have Level 16+. So I guess basically what this tells me is that if you burn through all your Quest XP by doing nothing else, and were able to finish with help from other players as you got to the higher-level ones, you would be around 4 levels down from where you should be and probably have to spend a lot of time grinding to catch back up. Which makes sense.

I found that the shield turns unbreakable way more often than before but I haven’t tracked down the cause. To Graveyard fixes it. I was able to solo 2 demon wolves and 5 regular wolves at the same time while using the small shield. As a solo questor the demon wolf quest will probably require more than 1 player. Shiki kept porting through the wall and killed them as they were pathing.
Edit: you can tell it’s invincible when the blue bar is empty (gray) but the shield itself is still blue

This probably isn’t the right thread to report it. Oh well!

so, I accepted the challenge, so far so good but on the quest: king sweeties. You have to kill 12 infested souls but there is a guard wich love to kill steal and it’s kinda annoying. So maybe the guard could be moved around also guys I’m new here if this post isn’t in the good section can some one tell me where to put it? thx

1 Like

We are working on moving that guard around, haha. Thanks for letting us know!

Can you make it so we can attack guards? I’d like to attempt to kill this guard.:grinning:

5 Likes

Played through the main story with Elk yesterday took about 7-8 hours. Had a lot of fun. Had no critical insurmountable blockers, but did have a few frustrating nearly-blocked moments.

This is my first batch of feedback, mostly focusing on the tutorial, the big picture and the first several quests. I’ll post more on the rest later, but I figured it would be better to break it up.

Please let me know if any of the below information should not be provided in the rest of the feedback or if I should format it differently for usability.

General Feedback / Big Picture

• I think it would really help to have Quests display a recommended level on them in the journal, and if they are expected to be done in a group. Elk and I were able to overcome a lot, but a new player may just feel stonewalled if they can’t progress and they aren’t sure if they are supposed to be able to proceed or not.
  • I like the new quest symbols a lot but you should consider treating all subquests that need to be done linearly for the main quest as main quests for the sake of using the same iconography. On the player-side, it doesn’t really feel like there is a difference between a “main quest” and a subquest you need to do in service of the main quest. It largely feels like a single chain of consecutive quests, which isn’t a bad thing.
  • Similarly, it feels disappointing when doing a lot of involved subquests for the main quest and you aren’t getting experience until the major beats. I’d rather get the same total amount of exp and dram but spread out over the various quests/subquests…
  • One big thing that I noticed yesterday, and I’ve seen happen to a few people is having bad luck with weapon drops as they level up, which can really hose them. One possible solution would be to have the main quest periodically give you weapons as rewards at the level of the quest. This would increase the sense of reward from the main quest, and give players a reliably way to get some weapon upgrades that isn’t dependent on RNG.
  • Another tool for teaching players random tidbits may be to throw various tips onto the loading screen, specifically for non-obvious but helpful things that don’t really fit anywhere else. Could even crowdsource a list of these.
  • The new player tutorial experience is dramatically improved, and I think all the new signage will help as well.
  • The journal still has issues with the pages overlapping each other sometimes when you go through it
  • I got multiple New Journal Page Added messages during the first couple tutorials (sometimes multiple at the same time), before I would know what that means. May be better to just include those pages and then only add new ones after the tutorial in which you learn how to access it

Specific Quest Feedback

Initial Login (Prior to First Quest)

• I really dig that the first thing you need to do is wave at the NPC, which illustrates that mechanic very well.
  • One thing that may be omitted is needing to point to interact with the UI and dialogue options and how do to that, especially equipping weapons
  • Similarly, nothing tells me how to move or teleport

Sword Training

• Nothing tells you how to unsheathe your sword and shield / weapons in general

Monster Slayer

• The redtail gave me a Minor Shard as a drop, which seems odd as you can’t get them as drops in the normal game (only from deconstruction) which sets an odd precedent.

Inbetween Quests

• I’m glad we go over opening the menu here.
  • I had a weird issue between Monster Slayer and the next one where I had opened the Menu and closed it but I still had the hand tooltip for learning how to close the menu. (I think this may have been an order of operations thing as I think it was trying to get me to draw the bow before closing the menu, and I did it backwards.

Ranger Training

• I like the reminder here to draw your arrow.
  • I was a little confused that the target dummy moved from it’s previous location.
  • It feels odd that nothing mentions or explains the circles on the side of my bow filling up and disappearing, but that may be too advanced a notion for the tutorial.

Musketeer Training

• Intro dialogue gets nicely specific about using the Grip button for the turret orb, but everything prior didn’t specify which button I needed to use, which would be nice if it updated dynamically based on controller type

Gather Training

• When I went back to Guardian Bart to turn in this quest, he started by giving me the dialogue response for completing the previous Musketeer Training quest: “Well, I’m glad that’s over. Won’t be a weapon I use anytime soon.”
  • Then I needed to go through the dialogue intro for Gather Training again, and after that I was able to turn it in.
  • The map is added to your journal in a prior dialogue before he actually says he’s giving it to you

Inbetween Quests

• The dialogue for the King Stag locations says that it travels through the brush to the West of Highsteppe, but it’s really at the northern tip of the town. The dialogue also makes it sound like you need to go well outside the village. “Through town to the trees that lay beyond.”
  • I also got into a slightly weird state by quickly pulling out my compass and turning it over to spawn the journal in that there was no message for several seconds and waving at Bart wasn’t doing anything. Eventually the hand-bound-tutorial about turning pages popped up and I was able to proceed.

Final Challenge

• I’m sure this is not viable in the short term, but if the relevant location was circle in red on the map for active quests, it would be really helpful for new players to find things like the King Stag.
  • I duo’d the King Stag with another player, so we both got credit for killing it, but only he got the Stag Meat for the following quest, which could be confusing to new players, as they will need to go back and kill it again to get the meat.
  • Guardian Bart also talks about how Chef Lethrow will be happy to receive the Stag meat, which I didn’t have.

An Intoxicating Brew (Part 1 & 2)

• Is it Queens Ear, Queen’s Ear, Queen’s Ears for plural? Also, is plural of Reedflute Reedflute or Reedflutes?
  • She doesn’t really give you any info on how to find the herbs you need
  • Fundamentally, the right call is always going to be to make the Ruined Potion as it takes 1 ingredient and 1 second to make it, as opposed to several ingredients to make it right.
  • As sad as I’ll be to see it go I still have to call attention to it… you can still get to Tinny’s Cave from the Chef’s basement.
  • Typo: “Return to Tiny with her concoction to continue your training.” should be Tinny.
  • Since I pre-completed Quest 2 by having the Ruined Potion when I turned in Quest 1, I had some weird dialogue issues with Tinny

Witch’s Apprentice

• Typo missing word: “return to Tinny unlock the hidden power of the branch”
  • Really like that the post-quest dialogue gives more explanation of the rune pillars and casting in general
  • I want to reiterate how many players have been confused by the fact that the teaching pillars and the teleport pillars look the same, and think it’s a bug when they can’t use their journal on the teleport pillars to learn new symbols.
  • Typo missing period: “Play close attention to line intersections as slight variations can cause a failure”

Time to Eat

• The text that pops up when accepting the Time to Eat quest is pretty lengthy and disappears before most players will be able to read it. I read relatively quickly and couldn’t read it in time.
  • I dig the NPC names being in bright green to call them out. It may be a useful tool for calling out the key elements that even players who skip through dialogue will want to glean.
  • The dialogue and the journal direct you to talk to the Chef, but you really need to talk to his apprentice. Bart mentions him but only in passing and not as an objective.
  • The apprentice doesn’t seem to have a name, not even “Apprentice”
  • Typo missing period: “… pull the door towards you to enter”

A Demanding Chef

• Might be nice to give new players some tips on where to find these ingredients.
  • I know I’ve seen a ton of new players get confused on the “ripe” reedflute vs the non-ripe reedflute thing too.
  • Upon returning to Chef Lethrow with everything, he had no icon above his head and was not responding to my waving. After about 10 seconds he kicked in.

A Demanding Chef 2

• Minor: The journal text says Chef Lethrow was not satisfied with my last collection of ingredients, but he seemed pretty happy with them.

Forest Secrets

• Minor: Has northwest abbreviated to NW, may be fine
  • The pop-up text says to investigate a nearby camp but the journal text says that the camp is bunch of rebels planning to assassinate Bishop Roma… not sure how we figured that out from spotting a camp in the distance.
  • Typo capitalization: “his Impending danger”
6 Likes

great feed back, itd take me a while to reply to each point, but this is appreciated

These are already in the works, just not in yet.

the base of this is explained on the big sign

this makes sense i adjusted the quest to make sure you had to gather king stag meat to complete quest

I wanst aware that this was still a problem, anywhere else?

They are diff colors now

Not an objective, he just gives some dialogue, doesn’t have any impact on quest, there is a bug where Chef isnt showing up with the ! but can still be talked to

No no no this is not a problem. Just a really cool secret :wink:

haha well is there any more secrets out there so I can get them fixed before they turn into exploits?

Not sure this is a bug or not, but me and my brother are stuck in the prison where we can’t find the artifact or how to release the kid brother…