Change messages icon when unread messages

As of now, the message notification/party invite is not reliable, because any area change basically means you dont get notified of a message. This means you might think a friend didnt want to reply to your message when in reality they never even realized you messaged them!.

This usually means that the easiest way to contact a friend is to party invite them multiple times in hopes of them joining your party so you can voice talk to them.

A potentially simple fix is to change the color of the message UI icon to notify unread messages., shown in this super cool mockup i i did.

Untitled

The reason this would be helpful is, we players open this menu very frequently, and we dont open the messages that often.

I would add as well a ‘mark all as read’ so you can bulk mark them all.

7 Likes

Please don’t have color only if this happens, icon change too.

Another possibility would be to have an icon up top near the log. Maybe a little after the level there could be a message icon if you have an unread message.

Love this suggestion. A time/date stamp would also be great. I’ve got dozens of messages that I never responded to because I had no idea when they were sent. Was it a day? A month? A few minutes? No idea.

3 Likes

+1+1+1 even better!

and this doesn’t even need to be that specific, because time zones. Just like “5 min”, “within the hour”, “more than 24 hours” would already be super helpful.

2 Likes

It would be good if the mail icon showed unread messages as above. Also it would be helpful to me to know how long ago a message came in. I often get messages like do you want to do a shard and then find out that the message is several hours old and not relevant anymore just as Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshka.

I love getting that 5 day old message because of the server hiccups causing a delay in them showing up! Then responding and getting a response weeks later like: Oh, that was weeks ago!

+1 I recently looked at my messages and found that I had one. when did this happen? how long ago? no idea.

I usually save all my missions until the end of the week then hand in 25+ in at a time. that means for the next 5 mins I receive constant pop ups about it, if someone messages during that time I have 0 idea.

4 Likes

That is another thing I really hate. Just so much UI issues.

These messages pop under the menu anyways, so why can’t we say… have three separate lines… errr… give me a few minutes to make a mockup and a suggestion thread. (New thread because it is related, but involves a bit more than just the messages)

Quick mockup of what I mean.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.