Citadel Hard Mode Beta Feedback

What do you mean? The skyrim meme? just threw it on the end for fun =P

OOOOOOOOH NM. It looked like a new ad. It is boss 3. I just realized :joy:

ohhh gotcha yeah, the boss kills are out of order, it goes 1,3,2

we finished about 30 minutes to an hour ago sadly with boss 3 the only thing seemingly to be working the suicide strat and boss 4 teleport just saying ya know lets just restart but besides that everything seemed to work greatly love the crystal mechanic the most I think as of now and boss two is so fun to play bard on I can finally be confident to play bard since the boss doesn’t do a ton of damage and bouncing only goes so far can’t wait for stuff to be buffed or debuffed and stuff to either work or make it a little easier or even possible and thank you jakeeee for watching it was a pleasure having you

2 Likes

After raiding the first few bosses as both a dps and a tank, I have just a couple thoughts:

1. It seemed rather easy to survive these boss fights with +5 gear, and as a tank I think that actually +5 was too much protection and lead to aggro issues.
    HM Bosses should hit harder than the T15 bosses, which I am not feeling right now.
    If the reward for beating these bosses is +6 gear, I have a feeling that most tanks would opt to keep their old gear when fighting these bosses as they stand. I even think +3 or +4 gear would be more useful currently.

2. We still do not know how to remove the “bomb” on boss 3 so this might actually be solved already, but I think boss fights with adds should force the players to deal with them more, and they should hit hard! (The gunners already do hit pretty hard on stephotep fight, but again we are striving for +6 gear and I think it should feel really coveted once obtained)

3. Boss 2 is still underpowered in every way right now. I have not experienced a group that needed a second attempt to beat him yet. I think everything he does can be buffed, chain ticks, AoE pool damage (my shaman ran through them multiple times to chase after him) and definitely his base attack damage.

Overall I am enjoying the new raid and all of the new mechanics so far! I just want to feel like the new gear we are striving for is as needed as I hoped it would be.

Thank you so much for all of your support!

5 Likes

Keep up the feedback everyone, we really appreciate it and will be going through it and making more tweaks and changes. For now, we just put out the following:

1 Like

Boss 2 should give a bleed stack from the chains. Also there should be 4 chains. Everything elese that i would say has been said by others. Love the raid btw!

4 chains or bleed stacks are both good ideas. I wouldn’t recommend both because the tank would be murdered all the time. Love the ideas though <3

2 Likes

I think boss 2 and 3 need tank busters

2 Likes

Update: boss 3 mechanic still yet to be found. However we have removed it we think. Would love any info people have

This is what we have so far Lance. This was the second time we defused the bomb.

1 Like

@Jake_E I’d like to use the one time only hard mode hint sponsored by The Highsteppe Press concerning boss 3’s party wipe mechanic. Does it involve the suns or beams to remove?

2 Likes

Hmm just based on the video I don’t think that’s supposed to happen that way. I’ll need to look into it more on my end at some point today to verify.

this isnt the hint btw

That’s the point :stuck_out_tongue:

:spiral_notepad:

Since we may have to retest all our theories can you Please confirm if it directly involves the suns. Like they are a requirement for removal.

I did some more testing and I believe the visuals and what’s supposed to happen isn’t lining up quite right timing-wise so I think I’ll have to tweak something there. That will get pushed out sometime this afternoon.

1 Like

Very Official.

2 Likes

That change to boss 3 should be live now… I don’t think a hint would be warranted at the moment but give it a few more tries and let me know

1 Like