Citadel Normal Mode Raid Beta Info/Feedback (UPDATED NOTES 12/4!)

Servers are up!

Bosses were fun! excited for release and hardmode eventually.

1 Like

Problem with boss 3
My arrows were flying straight through because I didn’t hit the dead center
Maybe change it so it’s either the entire sun or it’s a little bigger

Obviously there are spoilers, so…shield your eyes if you don’t want to know!

Spoilers Boss 1

Boss 1: We didn’t find any way to avoid the environmental damage. I even Shaman Climbed up to the platforms above the boss. It didn’t work. It hurt :smiley: The way we dealt with it was two tanks, two Musketeers, everybody else DPS. We stood in a ring around the boss within bounce range, and when the crystals fell on all of us, we jumped forward, kept fighting, and when the crystals despawned, we jumped back to our original position. This ensures nobody gets hit by somebody else’s crystal, and we all get bounce healed. This worked extremely well.
EDIT: To remove the cold stacks, you need FIVE of the crystals that fall from Crystal Rain to hit the Large Crystal (torch) that comes up from the ground. This will light the torch, and going close to it will warm you and remove the stacks.

Spoilers Boss 2

Boss 2: Not sure about the mechanics, as the chains seemed to damage us about 50% of the time, and the jump didn’t damage us. We just kinda…burned him because we weren’t taking any damage from mechanics.

Spoilers Boss 3

Boss 3: We had one tank, one Musketeer, all DPS (with two rangers). Everybody stood near the platform on the left hand side, except for the two Rangers who stood out in the open. The Rangers focused entirely on the orbs in the sky to prevent mobs from spawning. When one of them exploded on the group, the Musketeer would Shield Orb the entire group. If the Rangers did NOT hit the boss, the orbs would NOT go after the Rangers. While this did lower group DPS, and could probably be done by a single Ranger, it worked.

Spoilers Boss 4

Boss 4: Everybody stood near the portal. The AOE spread damage to all within range, so we didn’t bother jumping out. We made sure to burn adds, and shoot down the purple orbs before they hit us. Getting sent to Hell was FUN and a great send back to Preborn (Devs, I appreciate you taking feedback and knowing that we loved those)!

Anybody have similar/different strategies that worked well? Let’s work together as a community to make sure everybody stands a chance :slight_smile:

Also, I LOVE that we have to walk to the Guild City raid entrance. Having to go out in the world in order to get to the areas we’re going to is fun. Just like the old dungeons and raid. Bringing back things from Preborn like this is amazing.

4 Likes

If they save their charged piercing and maintain 6 globes, you could one shot both with a single shot. Poison would be put on the boss just for the extra damage. Seemed to be pretty effective when I did it.

1 Like

Note: Boss 3 Guild City raid now has yellow orbs instead of blue in the sky.

2 Likes

Just making a note for all players, seems to be some doubt on the first boss but everything is working correctly and there is a way to remove the stacks

4 Likes

Boss 4 has been slain by 3 guilds at this point. The strat used was the following and the issues had were the following:

Spoiler Boss 4

The boss does a shield at 75% 50% and 25% health. The shields have been broken by the following:
First shield (red shield) was broken by adds being inside the portal and everyone stacked on the portal
Second shield (green shield) was broken with healing
Third and final shield (blue shield) was broken with interupts.

The problem is that there is very little clear indicators for the shields so when they come up you had to get lucky for it to work.

Having all dps stack on the portal seemed to work best for us as the AOE damage is spread between players.

I would say this boss needs more obvious way of finding out how to stop the shields as the above strategy worked but we are not sure how well it works or if its intended.

2 Likes

Boss Review from my pov. My group runs hard modes on the weeknd and finished all 5 bosses so that the skill level of this pov.

Boss 1 Spoiler

Died Quickly. We saw the frost mechanics but didn’t try to remove them and everything but it died before anything really hurt us.

Boss 2 Spoiler

Died fast before mechanics. We realized it was dying so fast and started to slow down but it was to late and died right when the first chain came out.

Boss 3 Spoiler

This one was a very fun and interesting boss. What we found is we had to shoot the gears in the sky but right in the middle or it didn’t work. We discovered the damage mitigation mechanic. What we don’t know is sometimes if we destroyed the gear it would still spawn a ball or a beam. Also a glitch where all the gears would appear at once in the sky. Like 10 gears in the sky.

Boss 4 Spoiler

We beat it but are still confused. We think we got the portal opening mechanic but it could be a number of things. I like the portal mechanic itself and it was new and different which was great. I couldn’t what those purple zap things were doing the ones that went quickly to a player. Otherwise a fun boss fight

All in all a great raid and a big fan of the new raid and new mechanics.

4 Likes

i love boss 2 he so much fun

i just got an oculus update for orbus. What changed? Also Yes I did update for the raid yesterday.

We put out a patch last night for quest users only, the Forsaken Island was missing scene file on quest build, but we didn’t realize it until the evening so we put a patch out then, haven’t made any changes to the raid yet but will post some patch notes when we do (hoping to have some changes done today and possibly some Saturday).

Anybody figure out how to prevent/remove the frost stacks on boss 1 yet?

Edit: I figured it out… DM me or read above spoilers to learn how :slight_smile:

Do you mean we can remove the Blue frost stacks on everyone or green sickness stacks on the tank?

The blue frost stacks. There is a mechanic to remove it and is integral to the fight. Burning through it wasn’t intended. :laughing:

Good luck burning through it now :smiling_imp: (when a patch goes out later today)

4 Likes

Do we need 10 people for that mechanic to work? We are testing with 5.

After watching a lot of you try it out and pouring over all of your feedback, we’ve been working on some fixes and tweaks.

These are the notes for the patch going out, it’s live for any new raid instances opening. If you’re already in the raid just re-enter. This is primarily a balance and bugfix update and we have more changes coming up in the near future with more visual and mechanical updates to make some of the fights clearer.

We also opened up the portals to skip to each boss for testing and feedback purposes, so you’ll be able to just go try out each of the bosses.

Boss 1 Changes:

- Increased health slightly
- Increased chilled debuff damage very slightly
- Each stack now reduces outgoing damage 

Boss 2 Changes:

- Corrected health to match other bosses
- Increased rampage speed
- Boss takes reduced damage when rampaging
- Rampage pathing improved
- Corrected hitbox of rampage
- Chain now deals slight damage over time to those chained directly
- Chain damage should be more reliable

Boss 3 Changes:

- Increased boss health slightly
- Increased health of gear portals 
- Increased number of minions spawned for failed gear portals from 2 to 4
- Capped number of minions spawned to prevent crashes
- Increased damage on gear bomb "here comes the sun!"

Boss 4 Changes:

- Increased health slightly
- Tweaked/corrected portal activation triggers.
- Tweaked "mysterious things"
6 Likes

Killed boss 2 earlier and left raid and came back and it was still dead.

Boss kills still only reset weekly, you’ll have to change party leaders to kill the boss again. We only enabled all of the portals to fight the bosses in any order for the beta.

2 Likes