Citadel Normal Mode Raid Beta Info/Feedback (UPDATED NOTES 12/4!)

the orbus dev team i love boss 2 such a fun boss

1 Like

Questions about Boss 2:

1: Is there a mechanic to prevent/prematurely end Rampage that we should be looking for?
2: Do the chains serve a purpose beyond dealing damage to the player attached to it and the players touched by it, or is it more of a fun dynamic AOE?

Spoiler Alert:

Boss one suggestion (spoilers)

For the large crystal and the five small ones that fall on it, I’m not sure if this is already a thing but in the raid I did tonight the crystal was interacting with the crystal and not the AOE circle. If this wasn’t a bug or a mess up maybe have it interact with the AOE.

Boss two suggestion (spoilers if you haven’t fought it yet)

When he jumps, maybe give a hint where or more time to escape. You’re basically trapped unless you have really good reflexes and even then it’s very difficult to escape it. Another thing is make the chains do a lot more damage. I ran straight into them as a tank and it did about 1/5 of my health. I think they should one shot on hard and take a decent amount of health on normal. Another change to the chains is maybe have them glow with molten lava in its cracks so it’s a bit easier to see.

Boss three suggestion (spoilers if you haven’t fought it yet)

A couple things. Maybe change the leashing point to go to the walls (thx potato) so if the tank dies and the dps are on the incline, it will leash and the tank won’t have a chance to regain agro if revived. Second thing is it was a bit challenging to hit cross arena shots in the orbs because the hit box is the size of a 30 meter weak point, maybe a bit bigger. I don’t suggest making it the entire orb but making it about two times it’s current size. Last thing for boss three is make the orbs spawn faster. You can have a single ranger charge pierce and poison it as soon as it spawns making it a straight burn through (other than consume).

Spoiler

Not really, I found it pretty easy to get out in time and hope the timeframe you have to get out is lowered even more for hardmode, it just takes a little practice/getting used to, but some of us had a bit of a headstart on these kinda AoEs from preborn I guess.

Or fix the leashing point?

1 Like

Come to think of it, that would make a lot more sense
Thanks for the idea

Do we have a date when the patch with the stuff to make mechaincs more apparent will be out?

Not a firm one yet, but hopefully in the next couple days. We’re going to be tweaking the balance a bit as well according to player feedback.

1 Like

Some basic feedback. The levels felt epic and exciting to enter. I quite liked their presentation.

The bosses were fun for the most part.

Boss 1: Would be more fun once you get the stones dropping constantly as intended. The first time we did this boss we had stones dropping at different times so that it was near impossible to activate the ice torches. (btw, really a piece of ice is a torch? Once we managed to power through the glitch and saw it burn I was kind of surprised.) Once you get over the randomness of setting the ice chucnk on fire, the mechanic is good at its core to do.

We gave up on this boss as we were sure we had the technique down, but somthing was broken for us. (we were in top end gear for the most part)

Boss 2: Lots of fun, we enjoyed this. Seemed to be doable, balanced, and fun.

Boss 3: Also fun and doable. We enjoyed this as well. Once you get setup and assign roles its a blast.

Boss 4: …Uh what? So we tried a lot of stuff over an hour. Having played the game for a few years I had a pretty good idea of what was to happen. We literally tried so many thing that at one point we pulled the boss on the portal and activated EVERYTHING going on in that fight with all classes trying different varied skills and activated nothing. Totally lost on this boss. suspect something is not working as intended and you can hit a state that is impossible to activate.

2 Likes

Regarding stones dropping at different times, we’re investigating this but out of curiosity, were the players who seemed to have it delayed the ones with the highest pings? (Like EU players, most likely)

Not sure if it’s coincidence when we get it, but it appears that the last boss has a hard requirement of 10 players to complete mechanics. Is this correct?

2 Likes

Currently yes, some mechanics require a set number of players to do it.

In a patch coming out tomorrow for raid balancing, I’ve changed it so that any mechanics that require a set number of players will now be scaled based on the number of players in the raid. (With the exception of a couple mechanics still needing more than 1 person, but possible with at least 2 people)

6 Likes

Thank you for making that change. There are definitely times when we want to run content but only have maybe 7-8 people show. Having a scaled number instead of a hard number would be nice as I wouldn’t feel like a jerk having to leave because of real life and causing the whole raid to fail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wooooooooooo!

4 Likes

No we had players all over the world, mostly us I think even.
(happened on all 3 of my raid attempts, even with different groups)

Duo raids here we come (I’m looking at you Scott and potato)

That is awesome, we appreciate you doing this for us. :heart:

1 Like

Any idea what time the patch will go out today?

45 minutes from now.

2 Likes

What changes came with the patch?

Patch is live now, looks like its working on Quest but were having a few issues with the PC version, were looking into it now. And well post some patch notes once we get it solved, but just raid tweaks.