Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th MARK II

Played for another hour and half straight… the issues I found were the following:

Sword sometime failed to register hits… might be when it is out and combat ends and re-enters, I have to put it away and draw it out again and sometimes even that does not work.

After the hour and half I started to glitch out again… it happened mainly around the wraithes, but not sure if there is another cause behind it… once again here is the attached log just incase it helps…

It appears at the end when I logged out because of glitches there is a TOO MANY PACKETS issue.

https://paste.ee/p/uEwky

Thanks for the update Richard! Glad to hear it was working better for you.

1 Like

Okay, so, played for 3 hours last night and another 4 today, mostly exploring the map and leveling the warrior class to level 7.

General Feedback:
-This game is a great deal of fun. The new assets and areas look really good
-The warrior changes felt like solid improvements. Block is especially useful, satisfying. Could maybe use more haptic feedback on blocks.
-Levelling speed felt good for the most part. 3x longer than this would probably be too slow unless the multiplier could go higher than 1.5 x.
-Compass Group Chat bubble size needs to be increased so i can comfortably hold it in front of my face while chatting with the group. Another 6 inches would be about right.

Game Bugs:
-Saw several enemies, especially in the first area that were stuck
-Some drops in the plains area off the 1 dog packs were showing squares instead of letters in the item name. Once put into inventory they were fine.
-Too easy to double click in inventory. Too hard to “hover”
-VOIP bugs yesterday where we would have to re-log to get mics back. didn’t notice similar issues today.
-When taking a mage portal about 1/2 the time the portal and all nearby enemies, players and sprites would disappear but I would not be teleported, just stuck on an empty map and have to log off/back on again.

Game Issues:
-Several sets of enemies in the second and third area seem to spawn over water.
-First area earth elementals heal too often and with too short of a cool down.
-Would be nice to have a way to pick up loot without putting away my sword.
-I need to be able to tell my own damage numbers on a mob from those of my allies.

Warrior Bugs:
-Shield cannot be damaged or debuffed in pvp by a ranger unless it’s in “summoned” mode, still blocks and nullifies all projectiles
-Standard mode shield prevents mage spells from impacting on target if they hit it first
-Hit boxes on most enemies seem too small.
-Maybe related to above. Sometimes what should have been a “good hit” wouldn’t register any damage.
-Teleporting to an enemy would often hit them for max damage if the sword happened to intersect them at the end of the teleport.

Warrior Issues:
-Playing while seated it is very hard to get damage numbers of 1/2 of potential swing damage or more. Easiest to swing up and down for this than side to side.
-It’s very difficult to get max damage swings when standing. At level 6-7 I found myself doing about 1/2 damage with comfortable swings (10-15 damage) and sometimes less (2-8 damage). My shoulder feels pretty uncomfortable right now and I’m worried that the type of swing that’s needed for good DPS could be damaging my shoulder.
-Even max DPS seems very low for soloing
-Mobs stop about 1 foot too far away to hit and I have to teleport forward for every fight. Probably best to slightly improve the sword range.
-Small mobs are too close to the ground to fight comfortably for tall people
-Would be nice if i had the option to re position the shield. Current grip feels wrong. Shield on a stick.
-Taunt throw is difficult to do consistently. Would like a “point and click” mode for it (gun-like mode or maybe targeted taunteport) .
-More feedback for when my swing is hitting my shield and not the enemy. Maybe a bit more grace on this. Took me 4 levels to even notice this was happening.

Thanks a ton for all the hard work on this. This game is a blast to play :smiley: Time disappears.

1 Like

We just did a soft reset to pull in some new code. In particular loot bags will now despawn after 30 minutes of not being looted, and Musketeer turrets should now properly despawn if the Musketeer that it belongs to dies. Thanks!

hulthines gate is bugged when crossing into the zone my party member disapeared then coming back across the bridge there were no entities anywere and relogging put me back at the entrance to the gate

the problem continues after reloging

Try using the To Graveyard option. Where does that put you?

So we just had a hard crash, sorry about that. Things should be coming back online now though.

it put my party member at huthines graveyard we finaly got unbugged by reloging and leaving the area a bunch

Were you happening to be going across the bridge from a long ways off? I think that might be what caused it. I think it should be fixed now but it might still be bugged if you go across the bridge from like really, really far away on your way back over.

oh yeah I did do that

Note to self dont throw sword while riding blimp you can teleport to it but still be stuck to the blimp. you will also not be able to stop it lol

Another 3 suggestions I thought about today while playing.

-It’s en-cumbersome to switch my wand to my other hand. When I put the wand away. I should be able to use my other hand and reach behind my head to grab the wand in the other hand instead of opening up the menu to switch hands.
-It would be nice if the compass had a few more inches of talk area to make it easier to talk to opponents
-I don’t know if there is any plan to add this, but it would be nice to have damage meters appear in a group or for a boss fight it would appear up in the sky or on a wall

Same issue as last night w/ the patch. super slow update speed. Seemed to have it fixed after sending me the files through PM. Sent you a pm

PVP feedback(already did other feedback, but that was before PVP arena)
-the pvp was fun, but the 2 classes that need the most help is the rune mage and the warrior
-rune mage is extremely stuff to hit people with, because of long cast times and people teleporting
-the hit detection on the warrior is a bit tough, which may be because with the privacy space for teleporting it is tough to get close enough to hit people

suggestion

• for the next test hold a definitive tournament for each class to find the best out of each, this would be sick i think!

thnks for the test, it was amazing and i had a ton of fun throughout it!

rune mage portal feedback: the portals seemed to work fine once to learn the runes to draw but the portal that is commonly known as the “H portal” almost never worked or it ported you to the hourglass rune stone.

is it possible to have a name plate for the portals so players know which portal they are walking into? really my only worry is for the future when the portals are not free to cast and need some sort of reagent to cast. I haven’t seen any feedback on the portals yet or maybe I haven’t looked hard enough.

also I had a few problems with casting spells and having them hit an invisible wall and had to reposition myself around them enemy until a spell went through. :sunglasses:

Where was the invisible wall at?

not sure the name of the place but it had large statues of people and ruines. ghosts and elementals were the spawns in the area

Ok some other players were having the same problem yesterday, were still working on tracking that one down.

1 Like

So after fixing the problem on my end last night I got a few hours of play in today. Had a lot of fun! Few things I noticed while playing, and I mostly played the warrior other than swapping to fish a little and cast a couple spells.

Warrior:

• I had a lot of fun playing warrior! I had anticipated playing mostly mage but ended up on warrior pretty much the whole time just hacking and slashing away. Almost took out my light fixture a few times…

• Between myself and the other warrior I was grouped with, we had a lot of trouble getting aggro on mobs. I’m not sure if maybe it was just that you had to hit the sword really close to what you’re trying to pull aggro on or if it was just that everyone else was just doing more damage than we could overcome.

• I saw someone else mention this, but the orientation of the shield feels weird to me. I think the grip should be more vertical, maybe with your arm in front of your chest to block.

• Throwing the sword works for drawing aggro from a distance, but it’d be neat if you could slam your sword into the ground similar to how you do the shield to draw aggro while right next to a mob instead of having to do a janky throw right where you’re standing.

Fishing:

• What’s up with the text for the fish being on the line and getting away being backwards? I’m not sure if that’s a known bug or not, but kinda weird.

• A dog ran up to our group while we were fishing and I had a fish on the line at the time, I tried to put the rod away to switch to sword but the fish kinda got “stuck” on the end of my hand is the best way to describe it and I couldn’t do anything but die :frowning: Not a huge deal, but it was kind of a frantic situation lol. The fish might have gone away after a few seconds but the dog had me before that may or may not have happened.

Mage:

• As a suggestion, it’d be neat if we had spell books to remember spells by in-game! Maybe something we could log known spells into after successfully casting them. I couldn’t remember the portal spell for the life of me and had to look it up to get back to the starting place. I think for the basic spells it’s not a huge deal if you can remember them, but the portal one is a little harder to remember and if there were more I’d never get them…

• The portal was a little buggy for us. Ended up having to cast the spell 3 times to finally get through it. It just wasn’t actually teleporting us back for some reason.