Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th MARK II

We were attacking/damaging the summoned shield yesterday.

Just did a quick soft reset to pull in new code which should re-enable seeing other peopleā€™s teleporter lines again.

Thatā€™s not a bug that was left in there from a game play perspective, not saying thatā€™s how it will be in the final polished version, but if you can plant youā€™re shield then do damage to it then its working as it should for now.

Thanks for info.
Still, there was some kind of problem since even when returning to previous zone (by crossing back the bridge), we still didnā€™t see each other and didnā€™t see any other player or mob.
Thatā€™s why we had to tp to graveyard

Ok ill make a note of it, Thanks.

Hi Riley, hope you had a good sleep.

Good news today, I was able to play for a few hours without much issueā€¦ the only thing I came accross was later in the game when I was in a party of 5ā€¦ it was fine for a while but there was some intermittent glitching and stuttering that cleared up after about five minsā€¦ do not think it was latency as the logs seem alright unless i missed any figuresā€¦ I will paste a link to log file here just incase you spot anything.

https://paste.ee/p/Lvjs8

Hey in the settings menu the last two items in settings are clipped out

1 Like

I noticed the UI text was clipping oddly, anyone else experience this?

I was playing arena and I ended up being the only person left but was still on the map, after I sent myself to the graveyard it said that I perished then that I won.

Gaining XP while playing solo seems pretty tedious. It takes a long time (in my opinion) to find enough enemies of the same level as you to get enough XP to level up. It doesnā€™t feel like there are enough enemies to kill. Maybe itā€™s because people are killing the enemies before I get a chance to, but either way I spend most of my time running around.
I know the XP gain was increased for this alpha test so I canā€™t imagine how much longer it would feel when thatā€™s removed.

I enjoy playing most MMORPGs solo, so any balance tweaks you can make to ease the process of levelling up when playing alone would be awesome.

See here for info on the XP rate: Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th

OH GOD OH GOD, THERE IS NO LOGOUT MENU!!! I ALWAYS KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN
In the settings menu the last 2 buttons getting clipped off and dont appear

1 Like

Thanks Riley, I missed that post.

Maybe itā€™s a flaw of MMORPGs, where everything needs to be grindy, but grinding in VR is much less fun especially because youā€™re standing for prolonged periods of time. In OrbusVR it was disheartening to run (stand) around for an hour or so without levelling up (I was at level 2). I suppose having interesting quests to complete would alleviate this issue by giving a sense of progression/accomplishment.

Haha, okay. I will put that on the list.

one item to add for the portal spell

• Drawing the N with the line through it is finicky at best. I felt like I drew the exact same thing twice and one gave me a portal the other one didnā€™t.

I think it is a no win situation on a game develops part. A game that isnā€™t kinda grindy has no satisfaction for a lot of people. Everybody has the best everything in no time and that just sucks in my opinion. Everyone has different tastes unfortunately

I hope you dont mind if i leave my total feedback on here :smile:

Anyway, iā€™ll start with the prosā€¦ which is unfortunatly rather short, but in a good way! The game is really fun; it looks decent, runs great, the gameplay is pretty fun, the way you have the entire game setup is really quite amazing! I had a ton of fun with Orbus last night, in fact i played from 7 PM Thursday into 4:30 AM Friday. Really fun game, especially with how we can interact with people due to VR and voice chat!

Now, there are a few things i think could use a bit of tweaking along the road. Not neccesarily things that need to be fixed NOW, but some of them i feel should be fixed soon.

Firstly, my biggest complaint (as its my favorite job) is the Runemage rune-drawing is a real pain in the rearā€¦ Last night me and another person in my party spent almost an hour trying to get the teleport spell working, but we kept somehow getting the shield and beam spells. we would draw the N with a sideways line and get other spells, yet when we purposely try to draw THOSE spells, they just dont work. We were in a large party fighting the lizard in the first area, and we lost 3 people because we couldnt get the shield spell working. Same goes with fire and frost, they just sometimes read as the opposite of what we wantā€¦

Second, The ranger is supposed to be a damage-dealer at range, but its very hard to hit some of the enemies, like the frogsā€¦ they are so small. Personally, i think there should be a prediction line to at least give an estimate of where the arrow will go, if not exactly where it will go. Its quite hard to aim right now. Similar thing with the musketeer, we need some sort of sights or somethingā€¦ its a real pain.

Thirdly, continuing with the musketeer, it feels like a very underwhelming class. The orbs i need never appear and people die. And the bullets we shoot feel whimpy and do so little damage with such a slow fire rate. The fire rate i can understand, its a musket, but the damage is quite pointless. And we cant even run, if a musketeer is left alone, hes dead.

Fourth, the compass is in a very bad spotā€¦ especially for the musketeers, i grab the compass more then i grab the orbs. I think it should be on the hip, not the chest :slight_smile:

Now onto some of the more long-term things i feel should be considered, but i wont blame you if you dont :smiley:

First, the NPC talking distance feels really close, you have to get right up in their faces. I think you should be able to teleport to them like the doors and itll put you in front of them at a comfortable position and start the dialogue.

Second, the game looks great, but feels fake. I think a bit of a graphics update down the line would be in order! Perhaps as a launch option (performance and quality launch options) so people on the lower-tier cards can still play, while people with higher tier can enjoy some beauty.

Third, the mage really should be able to heal, though perhaps through a ritual so its not completely unbalanced. It feels more appropriate that a mage heals then a person with a gun, no?

Fourth, perhaps add a benefit to walking on the paths? Like, if your standing on a path your movement-distance regenerates 50-100% faster? Or something like that, would be nice.

Fifth, the locomotionā€¦ its not the best. The teleport works fine, but i personally would prefer trackpad and it feels wrong alternating between trackpad and teleport just because im fighting a toad. Please allow us the option to trackpad move during combat :smiley: Even if we walk a bit slower for balance.

Sixth, loot tables feel unfair right now. I play 90% runemage, and i almost never get runemage itemsā€¦ IDK if the drop rate for all the creatures is 25-25-25-25 or something, but perhaps when your using a particular class, the drop rates lean a bit more towards that class? like, 20-20-20-35?

Anyway those are some of my thoughts, i hope you consider at least a few of them :wink: keep up the great work!

Hereā€™s my feedback after playing several hours of gameplay.

First, let me say that I am having an amazing time. Congratulations on putting together an incredible online experience.

Housing: Am able to enter and leave with no issue.

Menu interaction: Needs work. Very non user friendly. While going through and deleting all my duplicate items the menu would randomly close and change location. Perhaps a fixed location directly in front of the player no matter where you swipe would be more convenient. Also perhaps a sub menu when selecting an item would help make things a bit easier. I.E. select an item and have options appear such as equip/use, move, trash, info. The info text on items seem to be unreliable, some times Iā€™ll get an item description and other time my finger will hover with nothing. I have to close the inventory and reopen for it to work again.

Classes:

Warrior: Having trouble overhand throwing my sword, when I try it tends to go anywhere but where I throw it and not very far at that. However, when I underhand throw it, it arcs just fine. With the shield block and shield bash I personally have trouble telling if it is actually doing anything.

Ranger: No issues while testing that particular class.

Musketeer: No big issues while testing that class (My favorite so far). However, the randomness of what skills appear around your gun does present a problem since this class is the only healing class. Recommend a dedicated Healing class.
I also found that, it seems to me anyways, that the orbs you fire at the ground tend to explode slightly before the actual impact point causing you to miss your shot. Also I would recommend increasing the aoe size of the blasts slightly I feels like the aoe is a bit too small, but only slightly.

Mage: A lot of fun casting and guiding spells. Definitely a learning curve to it. I did find that there were times that I could fire spells one after another then suddenly every spell I tried failed. May be my lack of practice but it did feel as though at least one of my attempts before dying should have worked. Also, Frostbolt seems to happen at times while attempting the fireball, even though the runes look nothing alike.

All classes at level one do too little damage. I understand you donā€™t want to make it too easy for players but, I found I was struggling way too much when soloing to survive an encounter while at level one with a same level creature. However once I ding level 2 the jump in power makes killing a same level creature considerably easier. Not too easy since I still died a few times but nothing like at level one.

PVP Arena: Musketeer rules in arena. The strong poison attack that only needs to land near their feet and your self sustaining heals makes them a bit Over Powered.

Grouping experience works great. However I did run into an issue. When I logged off to go to work then game back 5 hours later I found I was still in group but no players from that group logged on. When I killed a creature I got group experience. Perhaps make it so after a few minutes off line it auto kicks you from any group. Also needs the ability to pass group leader to another (bot manually and automatically should the leader drop off and not return). We lost our group leader at one point and nobody had the ability to add to the group. We ended up having to leave group and reform.

I wonā€™t go over most of the other small issues I encountered since they have either been addressed by you previously in post that I read or reported by others.

All in all a fantastic game that I am very excited about. Major thumbs up to all in development and to the community for the support and patience to help shape this game into something epic!

See you in game!

I actually really like some of the things about the game you mentioned as cons.

The artwork of the world. I really really like it. Have you been to guild city? Freaking awesome. I really dig low poly and yeah additions like the grass are unexpectedly awesome. Low poly is my shit.

Nobody is ever happy with movement in VR it seems. I think the way it is done now is the best way to keep it balanced and it works really well. Some people apparently donā€™t realize you can still teleport with slide turned on?

The ranger arrows are very consistent, I love that there is a skill and usage curve where you can predict better over time. I would be pretty disappointed if this was made easier. Strongly strongly disagree here.

Hip would probably cause the same issue you were having grabbing musket shots with ranger arrows. Maybe the musket ammo should be lower instead of moving the compass?

My feedback,

english is not my main language, so try to understand me. :wink:

Movement:
iā€™ve been using the trackpad movement, its a bit slower tan teleport, i made some comparisions to test it, its not much but you can feel it when your team is leaving you behind.
When going close to the wƔter or some slopes its easy to get stuck and cant move, you have to use the warrior teleport to move a more plain location.
when trackpad enabled the zone transition squares should be always displayed or its easy to miss them and get stuck between zones

Classes:
I find that players are somewhat underpowered alone, got killed many times when mobs spawned on my top
Warrior: fine, but i feel it a bit dull, not much to do besides tanking.
Musket: fine, really hard to aim at far mobs, and randomness is somewhat problematic.
Mage: too powerful when spells are chaincasted, but sometimes the rune drawing acts weird

Sound:
the worst thing i can feel at the game right now, some times i cant hear people talking near me and some other times i hear them from half map away.
could be nice to have some directional audio, to locate who and where is talking.

world:
quite nice and large, ive beeen exploring and its bigger than i expected, but as i wrote at movment, its easy to get stuck or trackpad stops working.

NPC/misisons:
somethimes misiĆ³n givers spawn dialog inside his body, and prevent to read.

Rewards:
Coins earned in missions get lost at logoff

PVP arena:
tried to join twice, got stuck in a floor less world, alone, and cannot logout nor suicide, needed to crash the game to exit.

thats all for now.

Forgot that:
Menu:
The ā€œSword Art onlineā€ open menĆŗ move (drawing a line down with finger) , should be disabled when you have already the menĆŗ open, i keep moving the menĆŗ every time i try to delete Ć­tems
movin Ć­tems to trash or to equip on inventory or menĆŗ would be a lot easier if we could drag them with the trigger.

Loot:
the loot disapers if not pickeup? i leaved some bags on the floor and some time later like 1h? were still there, dunno maybe where other peoples bags?