Closed Alpha Feedback Thread: April 20th MARK II

I had a lot of instances were my spells or some other effects would stick around either on my wand or in the middle of the air

It hasnā€™t been fixed yet, I just noted that itā€™s a known issue. (The sword flying off wrong direction while using front facing setup thing, that is.)

Server will be shutting down in about 5 minutes, just FYI.

1 Like

I also had a problem in the backpack were moving my finger from one item to another to fast would end up opening the menu.

Annnd weā€™re done! Servers are offline until the next test.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and thoughts, weā€™ve read all of it and have a list going of known issues and whatnot to hopefully fix before the next test.

Iā€™m also planning on writing up a blog post on Monday just talking about the test in general, the lessons we learned, some stats about it, and whatā€™s next. So look forward to that.

Until next time!

4 Likes

Nice few minutes fishing after a dungeon crawlā€¦ those who were with me can we get in touch on discord or steam? - message me your ids on hereā€¦ i was RAE in orbus.

@Unrivalled_Super_Hot You probably didnā€™t have your shield far enough away. You were blocking your own hits :stuck_out_tongue: I made a post thinking the same thing on the first day, it isnā€™t obvious in game at all.

@Admino trust me the ranger was definitely not underpowered, it does a ton of dps.

@Riley_D it would probably be great to have a small FAQ or something on the main page with common things people are doing wrong (until we get instructions in game)- like hitting their own shield, symptoms of even getting stuck in combat, etc. I think some people had a harder time figuring out things, or didnā€™t run into people to tell them which took away from their fun.

1 Like

To the people I was with fishing! Good one guys! Great testing period.

Suggestions:

Friends list - to keep track of people you were playing with before and if they change names it will update and show maybe their previous name?

The stalactites for the boss, can they re-spawn every few minutes or so? Found this slightly frustrating as we ran out after awhileā€¦

Aside from that great game! Looking forward to playing it for a loong time to come!

3 Likes

Noticed that if mobs had ā€œwanderedā€ away from their spawning point and you attacked them, they seemed to run back to their spawning point before running towards you instead of straight to you from the get go.

Same, noticed that too.

Finished today with trying to do the dungeon again, we ran out of stalactites, so we couldnā€™t kill the final boss, after that we had a fun time fishing until the server went down. This was a great session. Even with the bugs, this does feel like a fully fleshed-out game. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what the next Alpha holds in store.

This game is in dire need of a friends list :stuck_out_tongue: , Iā€™d love to play with some of the players I met over the last 3 days again.

1 Like

Ended with fishing! It was a blast to do the dungeon even if we just barely missed the final boss. Maybe we can get stalactites to respawn without having to reset the dungeon. Oh well I was having problems getting the first boss in there to aggro to me and stay on meā€¦ as a tank its rather difficult to figure out when he was going to do that splash attack and get out of the way. when point blank monsters dont always turn red to me before doing a special slam. being in their face or under their feet i cant always see their arm movements. if i back up i couldnt hit them with the sword. just some instances i came up with.
Exploration in this game is a real thrill! i wish i had had more time to play. but i worked thursday and friday. so i missed out on a large portion of play time. i made up for it friday night with over 7 hours straight haha.
Something to think about is trying to help the people who play warrior not have to swing sooo much to keep aggro. just a few giant chops to help with aggro. i do not wiggle the controller i do full north to south swing inbetween monster hits. then place the shield back in front. rinse and repeat. i attempt to look around while doing all this to look for the red boxes to try and get out. I was having a VERY difficult time getting away from the last boss in the dungeon from his smash. Maybe i was just too slow moving away. Just my look on things!

Fishing is actually alot of fun to do i thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to being able to level up my fishing :slight_smile:

Ill be looking forward to the following alpha! Help get all the bugs out. Next time ill have a recorder going to better help show/review issues i have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a fantastic time playing again and just wanted to let you know your hard work is much appreciated. :grin:

Having played as a dedicated healer this time, all of the issues I encountered have already been mentioned several times by others, so I wonā€™t repeat them here. However, if I had to make one request that has not been mentioned yet, it would be to have a HOT (heal over time) turret in addition to the current DPS one. The turret could work just like the current one, except it targets allies and shoots them with a small heal instead. This way I could throw it up on the battlefield during a fight and as long a my party members stayed within its range, they would receive a small but constant heal over time.

First off THANKS I enjoyed Myself immensely and look forward to future tests!

Here are My thoughts/issues over My testing time:

Being My first time out I stuck with the Ranger for this test.

First day I had a number of crashes trying to escape also putting loot bags over My shoulder. In some cases I had to restart My whole computer other cases it just crashed the client.Each initial time I played (after patches) there were no new crashes.
Freezing at the screen after login (a few times)
Lots of frozen Critters
Seemed to be hard to get on the Air ship from the ground
Dont like that You can Sheath an arrow in the process of attempting to fire (that one took a minute to figure out)

Over all great experience cant wait to play again, as a different character.

Thanks!!

Just an FYI, if you shoot your HOT orb at the turret (Yellow with seperate glowing rings), itā€™ll cast the healing spell on all friendly players in a fairly wide radius. All orbs can be shot at it, and it will amplify the area of effect of all of them. I learned about that feature of the turret recently, it is actually very useful! Just donā€™t miss the turret when firing.

Be careful with debuff orbs and the turret though. The area of effect can be much larger than you may expect, which may cause more enemies to come running at you.

1 Like

Yeah I really like that mechanic because I think itā€™s going to be super handy for stuff like ā€œoh we all just accidentally got caught in that red areaā€ or even ā€œthere is a DoT that is placed on the whole party during this part on the fight ā€“ be ready with a turret to sacrifice and a HoT orb to use on it.ā€

I also do like the idea of maybe including some version of the turret that is heal-based as well, though. Because what makes the turret mechanic interesting on the DPS side is that basically your turret is factored in to be like 40% of your base DPS output. So if itā€™s not out there firing at your target you are sacrificing a chunk of DPS. So do you blow it up to spread the poison to 3 targets and miss out on its damage until it regenerates? Decisions, decisionsā€¦

So by introducing the ā€œhealing turretā€ we can introduce that same decision making onto the healing side as well. I donā€™t think I would have it as a ā€œpulse heal everyone AoEā€ heal, maybe it would be the same as the DPS side where itā€™s just an every-second-single-target thing, but it just heals the ally in range that is lowest on health percent-wise or something like that.

6 Likes

Thanks Pyrarrows! Hopefully we will get some of the improvements next time for dedicated healers. Also one of the classes needs CC(crowd control) capability.

That sounds awesome like an awesome addition to the Musketeer. That would also allow more versatility if the change is made that allows you to choose the orbs that spawn. You could effectively make a hybrid healer, as well as a pure healer in that scenario and it wouldnā€™t have to be a solid choice between healer OR dps. i like it.

I saw on the wiki that mages had polymorph, with no spell listed. I messed around for awhile seeing if I could find something that would cast polymorph. no luck

Iā€™ve updated the wiki to clarify that Polymorph is not a spell you can currently cast, just something thatā€™s been mentioned as a possible future spell. Sorry for the confusion! :man_with_turban: