Closed Alpha Test: April 20th

As others have said, the Patch Notes have the details on what’s changed.

Good question! A few things you could focus your efforts on if you want to:

• Test out the Player Housing, just enter it and then leave it and make sure it works.
  • Group up with some folks and test the Chain XP Bonus system.
  • Level up to level 8 and do the dungeon with a group.
  • Do a little solo leveling and see how the combat difficulty tuning feels to you.
  • Just explore and socialize and have fun! A lot of the test is really just making sure that the new stuff we added isn’t going to cause the servers to overload, tracking down server-side bugs, etc.

As for Known Issues, I will start a list on the Patch Notes page since there are a few things we already know about, but generally speaking you can feel free to report any bugs/issues you find, if you re-report something it’s no biggie for now. Obviously it’s Alpha so there’s a difference between something feeling ‘incomplete’ and something being buggy. For example, obviously right now there is no good way to trade items between players, some of the monsters are walking on hillsides, etc. That kind of stuff we’ll obviously fix. But if for example you find that you frequently get “stuck in combat” or the teleportation stops working entirely or you try to go into a dungeon and you end up in the side of a mountain…those would be great bug reports to get at this point in the process :slight_smile:

It’s on our to-do list for sure. But for now, yep, just memorize them off of the Runemage Guide on the wiki.

It’s a very fast server…I have a 300mb/s connection at home and I download things at full speed off of it (like 28 MB/sec or something). So if you have anything above like a 10mb/s connection you should be able to download it in just like 20 minutes or less.

EDIT: Although actually testing it out right now, it is going much slower for me than it was yesterday. In theory that server should be able to push 1gb/s of bandwidth and it’s only using around 30mb/s right now, so we’re nowhere near the link capacity. I’m looking into it now.

1 Like

I just downloaded the new patch with a 3mb/s connection, it didn’t take longer than 20 minutes :slight_smile:

Okay so your current downloads may have been interrupted by I just re-did a few things and now I’m back to getting like max speed on my connection (40MB/sec). So just restart the launcher if it gave you an error and you should be downloading much faster now :slight_smile:

1 Like

To my fellow mages;

I made a printable CheatSheet from all the currently available spells in the wiki, feel free to use it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i am so happy i donated to the kickstarter. early access FTW.

1 Like

Uuuuh, my pc watercooling is broken. now i0m trying to run the vive on my gaming laptop and it works with a few frame-losses in TheLab. hopefuilly it works with orbus.

and i think the servers are a bit overloaded xD http://i.imgur.com/JNA9vCj.png

the servers are coming up 39 minutes from my post

I’ve never used my Oculus for any game outside of Oculus App and Steam. Is there anything I’ll need to do to make sure the headset is working properly for the game?

that’s sad to hear. you would not believe how many people posted the same type of coments on youtube and twitch. water coolers tend to break…A LOT. i spend 3k on my PC with no water cooler and i cant even hear the fans. worked out for me. i hope you find a solution for this orbusvr test. :sunglasses:

I noticed in the patchnotes that the rangers damage was reliant on how far back u pull the bow, but is there a cap to it or can i make a catapult?

Lol, I’m pretty sure your arms will only allow you to pull back so far. :slight_smile:

lol get one of your friends to pull the controller to the other side of the room and charge the shot… insta-death.

My Laptop can run VR pretty good with about 50-60fps pretends on the graphic quality. so i think it will work :smiley:

I could never do that. That would mean I’d have to share play time with said friend…I don’t think so.

you just have to run the VR-Software like SteamVR and then start the game. it will automatically be in use

Glad to hear it. I’m going to power up my beast in preparation. See you guys in game! I’ll be playing as Chrondar.

1 Like

If you’ve used it with steam then you should be ready to go.

The only change that needs to be made to a “vanilla” Oculus set up is to turn on “Unknown Sources” which is located in settings->general of the Oculus Home program. If you run steam games on your rift, you’ll have already done this.

Yeah I did some work earlier but it’s not helping as much as I’d hoped. The patch server is different than the game server and it’s basically just designed to be a “static file serving” thing, but even though in theory it can go 1 gbps for some reason it’s caping out at 200mb/s. I’m not sure if that’s an issue with my setup or some sort of cap they are enforcing at the data center.

Mine is currently downloading at 11 MB/sec when I test it and my Internet can go as high as 40MB/sec from that server when no one else is downloading from it…