Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

ah i dont think it was.

Oh wow, I had no idea!

1. that is awesome
  2. thank you!

So this Beta i was able to compare the vive and the oculus and how the spellcasting feelsā€¦

as far as i am could see on the vive the spells seem to work a lot more reliablyā€¦if i draw the arcane explosion slowly i get it to work at least 60% of the timeā€¦while on oculus i draw it the same but in almost never worksā€¦

this is also noticable with easy spellsā€¦which seem to work way better on vive even when drawn like a 3 year old wouldā€¦

also when a spell fails on the vive i can at least notice some error that caused it to failā€¦while on oculus its just random to me

1 Like

Is the difference because the vive is a wand shape and therefor it is easier to draw with?

As far as I know the spell recognition system is the same no matter the input method. Very interesting.

So this last test when moving i would frequently ā€œcollideā€ with an object on the ground and locomotion would be unavailable.

Walking from HS to the jungle, if I strayed from the path and tried to cut around the guard I would get stuck while moving.If i tried to switch to teleport style movement while stuck the navmesh would not expand. I have never had movement issues in orbus prior to this test.

On a side note, due to the slow movement, I lost interest in the ā€œstorylineā€ and just switched to grabbing quests that were close and grinding them out. I have no idea what they were saying anymore because it was usually go some place far away then come back. I cant cast teleports so iā€™m stuck walking everywhere, and walking is so boring I actually fell asleep doing it.

I want to get into the story but the travel time between the quests is mindnumingly boring.

This isnā€™t terribly important, but Iā€™ve just remembered.

The body of water (with the waterfall) thatā€™s on the right from when you enter Lamavora from the Guild City Barracks is a bit weird with the fishing line. The bobber rests just below the waterā€™s surface, so it can be difficult to see how close the fishing line is to you.

Not terribly important, or a priority, but thought Iā€™d mention it anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.