Closed Beta 4 Feedback

Hmmm…this one should already have it off. Is it still crashing a lot for you?

Yeah crashed 3 times in an hour or less and switched back to the old launcher, i’ll give it another try now and let you know

Okay…I did have to go back to a different patch version of Unity to get the Highlighting stuff to work again…so I guess it could be that? But I am hoping that I can re-upgrade it if we can get the Highlighting system fixed…

alright, already 4-5 crash. switching back again

Couple more issues:

Near the windmill by the donkey cart quest, there is a bridge that leads to another town. Beyond this town was a stick-like enemy called a “Shadow” or something, and some skull wolves. Near here is a building that looks intact from 2 sides but is actually destroyed or under construction. I was able to teleport onto a ladder here, then further up onto a piece of roof. Once I was up there, there was no way to get back down again and I had to teleport to the graveyard.

After the bridge that leads to the town mentioned above, there’s a path between two hills. There is a spot here where the grass is floating and does not follow the contour of the hillside.

It’s possible to teleport close enough to an adult pigman that his AOE slice attack misses you every time without needing to move.

Had one sudden CTD while walking around near the pigmen. Wasn’t doing anything at the time other than walking. Submitted crash report.

Something I noticed with the Ranger is that when you select a special arrow and draw then withdraw, the special arrow will be unusable until you select your other special arrow.

I have a strange issue with teleporting like half a mile. I Cant make it happen it just randomly happens. Usually it is back the way I came. I’m on Vive.

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet;
A few of the wasps in the jungle are not moving or able to enter combat
And,
Maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I don’t see any way to delete mail messages

While fighting Adolescent Lizard Men there seems to be quite a strange grouping of them. We thought there was a “in-combat” bug but it was actually one or two extra lizardmen coming running to us through the woods from very far away and thus arriving 20-30s after the first one died. I guess it is possible they also have a compass to speak to each other with… :slight_smile:

While in the orchard area, is saw ‘Madame Claudia something or other’ walking about 2 feet off the ground on the hill behind the buildings.

Still having random stops while moving. I will be running along (slide motion) and hit some random invisible object and cant move. The navmesh wont come up if i try trackpad and im stuck for a few seconds.

1 Like

is there an exact spot you can think of, I havent had much luck re-creating this.

a few things:

-Pinecones are invisible and when you mine them, nothing goes in your inventory. I hoverered over all my boxes to confirm.

-chrysneaith (not the right spelling) flower shows up invisible in my inventory

-when I moved items around on my alchemy table and put another item in a slot that had a previous item in it, they would show up in each other on the alchemy table even though only 1 item was in the slot. I would have to relog to fix it. Also with the shading, everything would look white, so really hard to tell what kind of ore you are grabbing

Could you provide a screenshot for this? The other issues you mentioned are being tracked.

We just pushed out a quick server-side patch. In particular:

• Warriors should no longer sword rush through bridges (the ability will not work on bridges but you won’t end up underground).
  • Pinecones should now harvest correctly.
  • Various questing fixes.

In addition, I put in some code that should hopefully help with the clones of players that get “stuck” in the world after a crash/disconnect. Please let me know if you still see those hanging around (they should disappear within 30 seconds), or let me know if you are suddenly getting disconnected more frequently than you were before.

Thanks!

That’s what Johann is talking about: http://prntscr.com/hcx8k4
And the icon of the stun from the tentacle aberration is still white.

Restarting the server again really quickly, stand by.

Okay, so I just pushed out a server-side fix which fixed a bug which could allow you to dupe potions after creating them. In addition to that, it broke your inventory such that it didn’t have the correct weight. Both of these things should be fixed.

As a note on this, if you discover a bug that could reasonably be described as an “exploit”, meaning a bug that allows you to duplicate items, get loot way more easily than you should be able to, generate infinite dram, etc. Please PM me about it right away. Obviously this is still Beta, but we need to get those type of bugs fixed ASAP. Once we enter into EA, if you are found to be using a bug like that without reporting it, it will result in a ban. If you have any doubt in your mind about whether a bug is an exploit, please just report it to me (or any of the other Dev Team members) so we can advise you.

3 Likes

Not really feedback but I didn’t want to make a whole new thread:

Are surnames still planned for when you hit 20 at EA?

Yes we are still planning to do them. Not sure if it will be available right at the start of EA or a little after, though.