Closed Beta Two Feedback Thread

Yes the boss fights still work you can basically just do them out of order now.

The server is now online. Enjoy!

first crash after cinematic lol

Send me a bug report! Haha.

Also, just to be clear this time around, it would be helpful for people to use the following terms:

“Hard Crash” – You went to the Desktop, the program totally closed.
“Disconnect” – You got sent back to the Login screen and had to choose your character again.

1 Like

Okay well like 12 people have sent me crash reports from after the cinematic ends, haha. I tested it myself and didn’t crash but who knows.

warrior. STill level 16 but sword rush wont’ trigger and the wshield bash doesn’t trigger

When you slash does it do damage? Robert just tested it in the tutorial on a new character and it was working…

Also make sure it’s not just that specific target it’s not working on.

it didn’t work on 2 out of 3 targets and my loading screens are super long so it might just be on my end

I think Robert is trying to come find you so we can see what’s going on. Thanks!

Where are you at Logan, i walked from Highsteppe to Guild City and back and never found you. Ill be in the Highsteppe marketplace in 15 min if you want to meet and show me.

I’m still downloading this patch :frowning:

I just have terrible download speed.

Related to that: I know last beta you discussed the potential of making a better downloader for patches in the future. Has that been implemented?

Update: As i spoke about it, it immediately finished up! TIME TO PARTY!

This one actually is probably about how good it’s going to get now. We implemented a CDN which should improve download speeds for folks located outside the USA.

Once we move to Steam and Oculus Home the patches will most likely be smaller because I think they do better compression than we do.

1 Like

So the servers have been up for an hour and other than one person running into an issue with not being able to repair their gear, it’s been pretty quiet. Not even any crash reports outside that opening cinematic stuff.

Those of you in-game, how’s it going? Fewer crashes and disconnects this time around? No invisible monsters attacking you?

1 Like

Just did a soft reset of the starter zone to clear out some cobwebs.

I am stuck on the main quest. Says to go talk to the guy at university isle, but nobody is there.
I talked to Bart and got the ring at then went and talked the the airship guy, who told me to go to university isle. I went there and there is nobody to talk to.

Some of the gear (chest and helm) I got from last beta isnt giving me any stat increase i really dont want to go back and farm new chest and head especially since my sword does practically no damage now. lvl 6 and have a hard time kill 1 starter wolf let alone 2 (which that normally come in a pair)

So we changed up the loot system for this test. So your old gear and weapon are basically equivalent to Level 1 gear now. Just go to the starter zone and do a little bit of farming on the lower level stuff and you will get good gear again. Gear drops much, much more frequently now.

so the desert dungeon has no floor. Any teleports will put you under teh dungeon and you have to go to graveyard to get out. Trackpad works until you’re in combat . By this I mean you can use trackpad on the floor you can’t teleport on

Is it happening to the whole party thats in the dungeon with you? and what part of the dungeon anywhere specific or the whole thing?

Managed to get an hour or so in during lunch.

Major Issues witnessed so far:

• Hard crashed after cinematic (New to this test)
  • The friend messaging system doesn’t seem to be working correctly. The initial message goes through but I can’t find a way to reply or continue the thread. (New to this test)
  • You can’t scroll the fellowship list, so it truncates after about 5 people. (New to this test)
  • Had the issue several times already where my spells would always shoot off in the same direction and be uncontrollable. Relogging will often fix this, but if I do so too quickly, sometimes I come back to a weird state where everything is static and unmoving (including other players) and sometimes I get a socket disconnected.
  • Fellowship audio (and maybe group chat audio) seemed to not work across zones. I was in the desert and unable to communicate with my group and fellowship members who just on the other side of the zone boundary. I did seem to be able to communicate with the one group and fellowship member who was with me. (New to this test)
  • Had a few moments where all mobs and people would disappear from the world for several seconds and then reappear.
  • The damage value on weapons appears to vary significantly, even when it’s the same name and quality. (Not sure if this is intended, based on the level of the mob killed or not, but it can be a dramatic value difference.) (New to this test)
  • One player’s name was replaced with a number “0” and the system seemed to think they were at super low health (red outline around). (New to this test)
  • Invisible collision throughout the desert zone, especially around the ruins, making spell combat frustrating.
  • When I crashed out at guild city, and relogged in, I appeared in Highsteppe with no one around. When I clicked to go to graveyard, I showed up in Narrow orchard. (New to this test)

Minor Issues witnessed so far:

• Ice Lance damage numbers still not showing up correctly
  • Ice Lance post-cast delay still occurring
  • Some loot bags aren’t displaying their items, and (unless they are a stackable item I’m not seeing go into my inventory) don’t appear to be added to my inventory after putting them away (New to this test)
  • The interface for Fellowship creation was a little odd, as it didn’t have a way to close it, it thought I tried to register multiple times, and it didn’t update to the post-creation screen until after I left and came back and waved at the NPC again (New to this test)
  • When attempting to initiate messages to friends, it’s not immediately apparent that a window is popping up on the left side of the UI. (New to this test)
  • The door to the fellowship hall is difficult to interact with, opens sideways, and doesn’t have navgen all the way up to it. (New to this test)
  • Shaking the compass doesn’t immediately update the color from green to plain, until you move it to your mouth and away again. It also seems like it switches extremely easily, compared to the turret, so you may be able to accidentally do it. (New to this test)
  • Adding potions to the top left slot of the container associated with the aging rack puts them at the bottom left of the rack. (Possible intentional?) (New to this test)
  • Had some issues where the tooltip text of an item would not appear until it was moved to another inventory slot.
  • Had some issues where the UI didn’t load fully initially.
  • The return to home item timer is visible to all players, not just the owner. (New to this test)
  • The return to home item says it will take 10 seconds to activate, seems more like 5. (New to this test)
  • The return to home item seems to count up to being able to being usable, as opposed to counting down. (“2 minutes” shown 2 minutes after using it, instead of 58 minutes left. Possibly intentional.)
  • Was getting items “of the plains” and “of the jungle” in the desert. Possibly intentional/pending renaming for new loot paradigm. (New to this test)