Closed Beta Two Feedback Thread

Okay, I’ll keep working on that. That’s really odd, I thought I had it fixed, but guess not!

So you’re saying the “stuck” VFX problem was solved by moving to the new architecture? But you were still crashing via disconnect or you were having hard crashes to the desktop?

I reset your character manually back to the Tutorial area. Hopefully that should fix the problem for you next time you log in. Glad your wife is enjoying the game too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. This is the thread for bug reports and the like, right?

I wanted to comment on my feedback as of testing last night.

Firstly, I just want to say I really like the game so far and can’t wait to keep playing and seeing the progress. I think it’s going to be awesome once everything is ironed out. (For the record, I am playing with the Oculus/Touch controllers.)

So issues and feedback I have:

• I spent forever trying to figure out how to remove the journal. Grabbing it from the very bottom to put it away was un-intuitive. Perhaps it could be more responsive, or have some indicator as to where to grab it.
  • The inventory system needs some work. I saw bugs where I could not remove my shirt and/or replace it with a different piece of armor I picked up. It also took me a while to figure out where to place items, and/or equipping weapons and the like. It also feels a little unresponive and difficult to navigate. The “touching” of the slots to move things around feels unresponsive and slow. Perhaps a “grab” and some sort of drag-n-drop of the item tiles would be better, not sure. VR is tough.
  • Opening doors is a struggle. I bumped into a real-world wall trying to open one. It was funny, but frustrating. (Lol) Perhaps this could be more intuitive as well.
  • I saw bugs with moving towards/through stairs where I didn’t go to the top of the stair case, I just sort of walked through it… and clipped into the floor.
  • The HUD could be a little more intuitive too… took me a while to figure out where my health was for the musketeer until I saw the green bar near the gun.
  • Connectivity/disconnects at random times, but I know this is a known issue

For me at least yes. I only had a couple disconnects across the 6 hours I played (I think I submitted bug reports) most were the home teleport freezing the game and requiring a hard reset. For some reason once elongata spawns (before it’s even attacked ) my screen gets judder and I get the connection closed multiple times. No idea why. It isn’t graphics heavy and only 7 other players were in the area.

Item tooltips - I’m not sure why, but it seems like I can always view one tooltip after opening my inventory just fine, but attempts to view tooltips from additional items often fails. I mean, I’m doing the same thing in a slightly different spot, and just nothing ever appears.

Given how important they are now (to see which item has better stats / should be equipped) it’s more of an issue than it was in the past.

I agree, and I’m having the same issue with the tooltips not always showing up. Also it would be great to be able to see an items stats as soon as I pick up the loot drop before I put it into my pack. Maybe a small number in the corner of the item box or an up or down arrow to let you know if it’s better or worse than the item you have currently equipped.

@Riley_D I found the worst bug in the game…
2 days ago i was testing powerleveling on my muskeeter with Draven and when i got the level 6 i couldn’t get other xp (i could see the xp on mobs but not in my xp bar), i relogged to fix that and i leveled up to level 8 before logging out. Today i was going to level the musketeers because the server was empty and my musketeer was at the start of level 6, where i was stuck the other day.
My xp bar is not stuck now, i tried to get a bit of xp and relog and it persist, just lost the 2 levels of the other day

@Riley_D omg yesterday…i didn’t crash a single time. This is a game changer for me! Ever since open alpha i would crash all the time like i said before. Yesterday idk if it was the low population or what but i didn’t crash once.

Before were you having hard crashes to the desktop or were you getting disconnected to where it just put you back at the login screen? Glad to hear it’s working better for you!

Tell me your in-game name and logout and I will give you back some XP.

thanks, Shiki logged out

Sure, go ahead and log back in. You’ll still have to grind for some gear, though!

yeah i’m just leveling a secondary class, thank you for that!

It was hard crashes with vrclient crap. I still got DC here and there but i live on an island where the fastest internet we get is 30mbps and ive never seen it even come close to that so that’s probably on my side.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks!

In terms of connectivity issues yesterday after the patch:

I was definitely getting kicked to character selection way less often last night which was great. That being said, the audio issues seemed significantly worse.

In general it seems like there are a number of different types of connection/character-in-a-weird-state issues that are being conflated, even if they are related:

• Infinite load screen (Need to close the client)
  • Remote connection closed (Dropped to char select)
  • Websocket connection closed (Dropped to char select)
  • Hard crash (need to close the client)
  • Incoming audio cuts out intermittently
  • Outgoing audio cuts out intermittently
  • Outgoing audio cuts out completely (often happens with your character being frozen and being unable to cast spells)
  • Your character appears frozen to everyone else, but not to you (see above)
  • You are unable to cast spells (see above)
  • You can cast spells but they always shoot off in the same uncontrollable direction (until you relog)
  • The world cuts out and goes to a loading screen for 1 to 5 seconds (and then recovers)
  • The world cuts out and goes to a loading screen for 1 to 5 seconds (and then when it recovers you are in your own private instance layer and need to go to graveyard)
  • When relogging in after some of the above issues, you generate a clone of yourself
  • Various VFX don’t clean up on the client (this was dramatically better last night)
  • Logging/Zoning/Respawning leaves you floating in a void
  • You are unable to harvest or interact with anything, but you can still see players and mobs
  • You zone into a new area, but it doesn’t transition you right away, so you are walking in an empty area, then the zone hits, and you are surrounded by aggro mobs

I think those are most of them off the top of my head, but they all have some different symptoms and frequencies. Together, they can aggregately ruin a playsession.

I don’t know if it’ll help at all, but in addition to submitting reports (which I’ve been trying to be more diligent with, even if I’m just kicked to the char selection screen. Side note: A report button on char select would really help with this), I can submit video recordings of any/all of the above issues, if it may help with troubleshooting.

These are the ones I’m most focused on right now. So are those better for you or the same yesterday?

This was my first test.

What I liked:

-game has a “no hand holding” approach
-combat is difficult solo
-i love how you’ve built the runemage, very hard to master and very rewarding. Memorizing various runes and mastering them was far more interesting than the other classes to me. More than anything, the many different utility spells are what sell the class for me. If I can’t think beat a mob, I realize there are other ways i can approach it. I can poly morph it’s allies, I can keep affliction attached on it so it cleanses that instead of the Frost debuff, i can kite a strong enemy for a time with frost and when it finally catches me ice Lance. Really cannot praise the RM enough. Very very hard to do, but very rewarding when mastered.
-alchemy and fishing is fun and relaxing
-portal spell is very interesting way to fast travel
-interesting story line
-i enjoyed the dungeons I’ve done thus far. Interesting and understandable boss mechanics
-the compass/walky talky is an interesting way to communicate long distance

What I didn’t like(it’s only longer because it’s easier to remember what went wrong, I love your game)

-can’t compare stats of items before pickup
-long walks to and from guild city during questing. The story is good, but the frequent long walks turn it into a chore.
-game crashes a lot. Many times right in the middle of combat, so you log in dead.
-the golems seem a bit op, as a mage I’m able to kill it with frost>Ice Lance, but I don’t think other classes have the burst to do that
-affliction spell is far too short and weak to be viable
-magic burst is too weak for how difficult it is to cast
-comms frequently come in choppy. More often than not it works, but about 30% of the time it cuts out
-aged heal pot is invisible on my belt, I can use it though
-can’t add friend to party unless they’re in your area

2 Likes

i used alternative for almost all test and was pretty good but today i’m getting high latancy every 10 minutes, with default i keep disconnect