Closed Beta Two Feedback Thread

The wilderboar’s hitboxes are really wonky and it’s INCREDIBLY hard to get an UP attack on them.

Swing just left of the boar’s head, at the empty space next to them, that`s where the hitbox tends to be for some reason, also helps if you exaggerate your upswing motion.

1 Like

I figured it out. The boars have a rectangular hitbox, so how close you need to be to be able to UP swing changes depending on if they are facing you or not. Basically, you need to move in close when you’re on their side, and back out to max distance when they’re facing you.

#Elogata Issues

• When there is a person next to her, and isnt highest on the damage chart, she stops doing basic attacks. You can literally sit under her and not be at any risk of damage.

• I’m not sure what to call it. There is a loading buffer along the battlefield of Elongata, much like the one in the starting area when walking from your player house to the Stags by the teleport stone. It was awkward when you would walk to and fro Elongata and hit that buffer and lag out for about 2 seconds.

• (I think you have fixed this) As you now know, there is that weird thing where one of the guards was catching aggro on her, causing her to not despawn after a wipe.

Haha well that’s not great. Gotta fix that before she starts dropping that Epic 20+ loot next test…

Is it that no one takes damage at all or just the person who is next to her and is not the highest on the damage chart?

1 Like

Just the person next to her.

She stops doing the AOE raid wipe DoT and just ignores that person indefinitely.

When the spawns come, they ignore that person (because they are not doing anything) and run to the rest of the party.

It doesnt even need to be a warrior. It can be a level 1 that just sits there. As long as that one person is on the aggro chart, but not at the top, Elongata and her mobs will ignore him, offering a great boon to the party.

At one point I even put my shield away.

#Warrior Issues

• Sword rush will sometimes bring you too close to the enemies, and you are unable to hit them, forcing you to back out. (Smooth Locomotion HELPS TREMENDOUSLY with this)

• With the new Locomotion in its current state, when your shield drops, you can run away and maintain a healthy distance until your shield returns, resulting in significantly less risk of attacking high level enemies.

• Trying to attack a specific target when a bunch of enemies have their hitboxes overlap is nearly impossible. This is especially relevant for trying to use the provoke combo.

• Shield bash is still inconsistent and can activate on dead bodies as before, but can also trigger even when the shield is stowed (Not on your arm)

#Fishing Issues

• Any Lures made in Beta 1 and make it to beta 2 were indestructible and can be used indefinitely. These probably need to be removed.

• The pier in the Lucian wilds in the small village (the 3 buildings, north of the ship) was bugged. If your lure falls onto the deck, it retuns as it should. However, if you cast it out, and retreat from the edge, your lure will continue coming to you under the pier, and can stall out by running around the perimeter of the pier until a fish bites. I can consistently get 15/15 fish per lure doing this.

-There may be other locations this can be done, such as running along a coast line, but the pier is by far the greatest offender I have found.

• If you cast your line out so far that the fishing line is unable to render, (Yeah that can happen, lol) it appears that fish will no longer bite. Ive done it 10 times or so and have not caught a fish from it. Could be just unlucky. You can also cause your line to despawn by running away from it.

• It is difficult to know what fish like. Outside of testing every combination, it is not obvious what lures new players should be using (Particularly for catching sharks). if some fish are going to have special conditions about how to catch them (only catch-able at night, raining, etc) we need a way to know that information, preferably in game. even now with all 6 pieces of lure, there are 41 combinations of lures you can make. with more lure pieces later on, that is only going to get even more exhaustive. Information is key to fishing’s success.

-That said, there should be rewards for testing lures and such, like higher yield rates per hour that requires time to know what works best. We need enough information to get rolling, but the best fishermen know the best lures.

• There was also a bug where The fishing line would not cast properly. It only happened about 30% of the time when I was holding down the grip button (Rift) and tried to cast. It would lose all of its momentum and drop at my feet.

I also cant wait to see better fishing rods. The starter stick is ok, but i really want to see something made of dragon bone, or maybe solid gold. Something I dont mind staring at for hours on end. Not to mention fishing gear. It doesnt even need to have stats, but I 100% need a fishing hat.

Maybe even a fishing boat? That would be cool. Maybe for the future post launch.

This was my last one I swear lol

2 Likes

About one more hour til the server goes offline. Hope you’re having fun!

Okay, that’s a wrap for this test! Thanks to everyone who joined us, hope you all had a blast. We’ll do our usual wrap up post in the next couple of days. See you next time!

3 Likes

i already miss orbus, open the server please :sob:

1 Like

I only got to play some last night and tonight. A couple pieces of feedback:

I finally finished getting my level 10 musketeer self geared up - full set of equipment from the young lizardmen in the jungle. I’m no longer able to solo the tigers like I could at this level last beta, which makes me a little sad - even after all the gearing up I’m still weaker than I was last test. I’m guessing that’s a result of the reduction of healing on the Musketeer I recall from the patch notes.

Once geared though, I was (assuming I moved enough) able to kill the nearby wolves. And then I got lucky, and a blue C-71A dropped. 158 attack, +60 Intellect… Vs my green 79 attack weapon… That was an easy choice to equip. :slight_smile: Still couldn’t do tigers, but wolves were a little easier. The icon wasn’t very clear - when it first dropped, I thought it looked like a twig on fire. (Was this a wand? was my first thought!) and the name wasn’t very helpful. Also, the change in model took some getting used to - harder to aim, and due to the thickness, I wasn’t really able to tell what sort of round I had loaded in my musket anymore.

One other observation - from a building a friendly community standpoint - it would be nice if there was some way to handle drive by healing/buffing. At one point, I ran past someone who was fighting, saw them low on health and thought - oh, wouldn’t it be nice if I healed them? Healed them, kept moving… And then stopped, because I was in combat. If there was some way for that to not penalize me for being nice - I’d appreciate it.

Anyways, keep up the good work. :slight_smile: I’m already looking forward to the next test.

Here’s my 2 cents:

Quality of Life:

Mission givers should look different. Currently, it is impossible to differentiate between a mission giver and any other interactible NPC. This is especially prevalent in the starting town. Would it be possible to get something other than an exclamation mark over non-quest givers heads?

Signs. I feel that the compass is a good tool for what it does. However, I also feel that there should be signs throughout the world. ‘Marketplace —>’. ‘Jungle <----’. ‘Dungeon up ahead’.

Faster travel. A LOT of time spent in orbus is simply traveling around, which gets very tedious. I’ve read that the airship will be adding more stops by the next patch, but what about if you’re planning to go to the dungeon? You have to go back to the starting town, then travel all the way there on foot as a party; there’s no airship stops near there, and no mage portal runes either. Just something to speed up travel around the world like a mount or something would be a HUGE QoL increase.

Some sort of party finder. Where I’m supposed to find other players to play with? Am I supposed to go to the beginning town and just sit and wait until there’s another player around my level (who isn’t also a warrior)? Combine the fact that most players aren’t in the town with the game’s low population at any given time of day (especially at night when I tend to play) and it’s really difficult to make a group at all. Maybe if we had a bulletin board for LFG (in Guild City maybe), or a Hero’s Tavern or something.

After getting to level 8 and being able to kill everything in the starting zone, my group and I had no idea where to go next for enemies. It took us about an hour to find out how to get to the jungle with no signs or anything from the compass. (While looking for the jungle entrance we found the desert entrance, so we know how to get there for level 12 now)

Guards don’t reset their positions after killing an enemy. I found a guard in the jungle that helped me out every time that I got aggro from a 2nd mob, however after he killed about 4-5 for me, he just stood there in the middle of the boar area killing them all as they spawned. I had to kite him over to a different area, so that I could continue killing boars.

Warrior:

Connecting with the UP attack has become a nightmare for me. I have no issues against humanoid enemies and wyverns, but there are so many enemies that are quadrupedal where the hitbox requires the warrior to do a dance in and out in order to continue to do UP attacks. PLEASE make it so that up attacks can still be performed if the warrior is really close to the mob.

Targeting is impossible. Since warriors use wide cleaving attacks which should hit multiple enemies, but doesn’t, it’s not possible to choose which enemy that you’re attacking as a warrior, which can cause threat issues as well as simple QoL issues (ie. you’re fighting an enemy and it’s almost dead when another enemy adds to the fight, now you’re attacks are all landing on the new enemy, and you’re unable to kill the nearly dead one until after you’ve killed the new one). My suggestions would be to 1) Make all attacks hit all targets that should be hit, but combo’d attacks still only hit 1 of them, or 2) attacks track based on the player’s head position; the target that the player is looking at is the one hit.

Shield bash does not interrupt anything. I’m not sure of the real intent of shield bash… I’ve attempted interrupting the spells of ghosts, earth elementals, wyverns, and pigmen all to no avail. I feel like it should interrupt, but currently all it seems to do is give you 2 sec less of being attacked.

Shield bash happens all the time when unintended, but is really hard to do when you want to. I’ve found that the easiest way to shield bash a mob is to literally walk into them, actually trying to hit them with the shield almost never works, and needs to be overly acted in order to do so. On the other hand, if you’ve moving and any part of the shield touched the enemy, BAM, shield bashed.
Times Shield Bash is triggered when it shouldn’t be:
-during off player movement (locomotion)
-from enemies moving themselves into the player’s shield during their attack animations.
-when the player is dropping the shield to their side in order to do an attack.

Sword angle should be turned a bit more (like 30 degrees or so, for Vive at least). Shield should be angled the opposite direction about 30 degrees.

There already is faster travel if you pick up runemage. You can teleport straight to the dungeons for example. Mounts were something I think they are considering. But I dunno, between airship, teleports, and returning to your house (which can be in other locations) that’s already a ton of options, doesn’t need to be even faster, but a slightly faster mount wouldn’t hurt i guess.

There was some sort of system in the works to be able to let people know you want to do things (like a dungeon) Not sure what happened to it, it’s probably coming.

You have a map in your book, don’t remember if it shows the jungle though.

For the smaller monsters, i find sitting down makes it much easier to land the up swings, you just need to find the right spot to swing at and over exaggerate the swing while going slower.

Next time you can’t hit an extra monster, use the cleave combo to AoE everything to finish off the weak one.(Right Up Up Left) At least until they fix the numerous hitreg issues.

Shield is definitely buggy, even as far as some mobs downright ignoring it at times. But, you never have to drop your shield to attack so at the very least you can avoid shield bash happening when you move it.

1 Like

The one thing that stood out on this post to me was the fast travel. As a runemage i can tp all over the place in no time. Even a level 1 runemage could tp you anywhere you wanna go. There are TP stone’s all over the place, as long as you have a regen and some knowledge of the shapes you can go almost anywhere pretty fast. Even if you don’t want to play as a runemage, if you’re annoyed with traveling by walking, get the class, learn just the tp spell, do the spell, switch classes before you go through the portal and call it good.

As for warrior stuff i got nothin on that.

1. Runemage is an optional class, that you’re not even given at the start. Not everyone has it, and saying ‘you can get around easily if you just get it’ isn’t much of a way to fix the issue.

2. There are a lot of areas that you can’t get to quickly, even with portals. If there’s now a portal to the first dungeon, then I’m unaware of it, but if there isn’t that means that you need to take a 20ish min walk from the starting town to it because there is no fast travel spots along that entire route.

3. Just the concept of switching to level 1 mage to conjure a portal to an area, then switching back to another class and going through the portal is a really out of place, wonky system, and I don’t think that’s how the game developers planned for mage portals to be used.

Never got a chance to grab a group to run the dungeon for the first time this evening… my poor character is stuck waiting in the entrance to the dungeon… I just had wishing thinking and logged in… so sad to see ‘Sever Offline’ message… let the waiting begin… :confounded:

Yeah it’s an optional class but it’s then your option to walk around everywhere lol.

Is the first dungeon the one with the dragons in it? If so than there is a TP stone right on the other side of the bridge.

They may not have wanted us to use it that way but you always can if you took the time and practice. Or you could always ask a runemage to TP you somewhere, always a good idea to have 1 good one as a friend😄

The first dungeon is right where you first encounter pigmen.

Then yes there is a TP stone right across the bridge