Were you on the right class to level up?
This sounds similar to something that happened to me. I think I was desynched. Logging off and back on caused it to show the correct level.
Sometimes using a mage portal, your zone transfers, your PC loads the new area (because you can insta load the next area without a black screen), but you remain where you were previously with all monsters unloaded. A solution is to TP again.
Pretty sure this happened to me on Quest 2 unlinked also. I got the black screen and reloaded into the same zone so don’t think it’s an insta load issue
Well idk but if I grab a 2nd orb, the TP will be instant on PCVR as if I was teleporting within the same region (while still having the region I was in previously still loaded as well).
I’ve had a similar, if not the same issue. I’ll teleport to a new zone, and everything but the terrain will disappear, the text will say I’ve entered the new zone, but I’m still in a weird version of the old zone. Eating another orb insta pops me to the new zone. I thought it was just an issue in my headset. Good to know I should be reporting this one!
yea identical issue
So, coming back to play orbusVR: Reborn. Haven’t played since the original version. Deleted my original 20 archer to start fresh. Bugs/issues noticed so far:
infolog (xp, buffs etc) is so high in the air above the character that it is barely readable for me. Can’t find any settings to adjust its position
lvl 1 tutorial leads you to silius (or name along those lines) with a dragon race quest with very large red arrows pointing to his location. However, as a fresh character i have no dragon to race with.
same npc talks about some lost item. After exhausting his dialoque (except the dragon part is still there), the very large arrows are still pointing towards him. This is just confusing to a new player and adds no value, rather the opposite
player house tinkerer tutorial: Tells you how tinkering works and gives you a blueprint for an orbus picture, some wood and some cloth. After depositing these in the tinkerers chest (either by button or manual), then selecting the orbus picture recipe, it continuously claims one or more ingredients are missing. I have yet to get this working and gave up figuring out why.
crashing/disconnecting out of the game. I have tried both default and alternate connection type. There does not seem to be a discernable difference for me with either.
desync i guess? dying, but still being “barely alive” on the client, while other players see your tombstone. Having to relog to fix this.
tombstones not always “working” when going back to them. Instead of lighting up, they do… nothing and just stay there.
I think those are all the issues i’ve encountered so far since coming back, but that is quite a lot more than there should be after all this time!
- Shaman totems (fire and lightning orb ones i believe it was) occasionally stop spawning orbs after being deployed, and the player is left without them until they can be redeployed. I assume this is the same issue as with archer special shots not always working/respawning correctly (an issue that also was present in the original version of orbus)
- hardware used: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Touch, win10, i5 2500k, 16gb ram, gtx 970, ssd, natively run through oculus home (aka bought there)
- passing through doors spawns you facing the door you passed through instead of the direction you were going. That is just bad design in my opinion.
- picking up scrolls (like new recipes, lore etc) does not tell you what you picked up other than that a new journal entry was added. Opening the journal, there is no indication of what is new, and the player has to go through more or less the whole thing and “guess” what they haven’t seen before. Also very bad design in my opinion.
- You can not move on the log in screen (other than normal roomscale movement). Only once logged in does locomotion/teleport work. This ought to be fairly easily fixable and add QoL to those who has set up for a seated experience (which some of the classes can do just fine). In essense, this means that if a player is sitting on the edge of his defined player space, they can not reach/see/move to the character/connection/log in selection without getting up. This issue is minor, but should still be fixed.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.