Dev Blog: State of the Game and What's Next

I can’t wait for the new charge system! My shoulder is killing me after a week of warrior game play.

1 Like

Ooh these warrior changes in particular look cool. Can’t wait for more details.

Is there any chance that there will be any blocking changes bundled with update? I’m assuming the current solution for blocking is some sort of raytrace from a point on the mob to some part of your body, but it’s difficult to find the right place to put the shield since the sweet spot changes based on enemy & distance, and there isn’t any feedback if you miss. Are there plans in the works to improve this?

Im ready for Transmog

3 Likes

Hah, nice! I have the same thing for Runemage!

Would it be possible to add a wardrobe/chest for armour only alongside the transmog update, as you can see in @Sockboy’s picture having something like this for the multiple classes can take up almost 4 full tabs which is also going to get worse as time goes on and more gear added/collected

What can unsay that hasn’t been said already??? All this is great stuff. Excited for the trap.

As I read the ‘‘unseen enemy’’ I thought…it would be neat if there was one random day either a week or a month where aberrations or corrupts plague the land and there is a permanent blood moon and black snow fall for that day… it can be called the ‘‘reckoning day’’ and all loot and XP is doubled. And new mats and rare gear can fall only on this day…etc etc. That’d be cool.

Lastly I think the survey idea is the best of all. This way you can see what the community would hope to see … rather than making content only to have to chamge it days later, like the armor.

How would the charge system work? As it seems i think the charge system is you do combos to fill up a bar and press a button to unleash one of the combos. About the transmog system, a player with low level gear should not be able to imitate any gear at a higher rarity tier. With epic or legendary gear you can look like a low level with good gear though. What I think is that this would prevent low levels who transmog their gear to look like a high level’s to stop people from inviting them to shards just because when you think you have a full team, put in the shard, and then ask them to change to their level 20, they would not be able to making you need to do that shard with 4 or less people or you will lose your shard.

Any info on what the improvements for the Ranger traps are going to be?

Mainly usability improvements like throwing distance and accuracy and fixing some of its behavior not always working right, such as triggering properly if you throw it at an enemy directly. It’s going to feel a lot more intuitive to use.

1 Like

This is so disappointing to hear.

The trap is literally the most useless thing in the game and I would rather have the option to have it removed from my chest so I don’t accidentally grab it on my way to grabbing an arrow.

I literally can’t think of any case-scenario where the trap has been useful.

• You want to trap that flying thing that poisons the tank and kills him?
    Tough luck kid, you can’t trap flying enemies
  • You wan’t to trap that hard hitting elite?
    Start running kid, you can’t trap that elite
  • You want to trap one of those mobs in that 6 mob pack?
    Stick to charged piercing kid, the 2 other mages in the group have it handled with sheep or AoE.
  • You wan’t to trap that venomous? boar that got aggro’d to you?
    Prepare to die kid because mages literally DoT everything and their mother and it’s still coming for you.
  • You want to trap a higher level mob when leveling to get distance on the mob so you take less damage?
    Guess what kid, the mob just went back home because you leashed it to far
  • You want to lay the trap out prior to pulling the mob trash?
    Guess what kid, the trap’s duration is lower than the cooldown and now you have to wait another ~10 seconds

Ranger is not a very engaging class to play right now so I was hopeful the trap mechanic was going to be changed and be useful. Currently playing Ranger is essentially:

• Charged piercing arrow
  • Poison arrow
  • Shoot a couple arrows
  • Repeat whilst breaking your neck to see if your poison arrow is back up
  • Keep trying to use your ultimate that is apparently still a sliver away from being full so that you can finally see your debuffs on your bow.

Hopefully it’s better than what it sounds like on release.

6 Likes

Yeah the trap has potential to be great but as it is now it’s pretty useless. If it worked on elites it would be worth it.

i was expecting it to be changed to a throw trap that you throw at enemys and when it hits them it locks them in place which would work on elites and flying enemys,

I think you underestimate the lvl 5 mage talents:)

4 Likes

Ranger expectations shot up really high with the announcement. After hearing this clarification from @Mathieu_D I guess I’m still not going to touch Ranger again :. “It still sucks, we just wanted to make it easier to demonstrate that to you!”

1 Like

The trap is still very useful escaping deaths and reducing mob load while fighting. Also solo’ing an impossible mob without the trap is even impossible. But with the trap it is not. So it is not the most useless thing in the game by far.

The core of the no use of the trap starts at lvl 20 with the tradu dungeons and wilds having only non trappable mobs and the fact that temporary disabling mobs is discurraged and useless for efficient sharding (as far as I have seen and heard). Thus, the trap is only useless in the eyes of a lvl 20 in almost all situations. But it is still very usefull before lvl 20 :slight_smile:

Yeah but it is still pretty useless before then, yes you can escape death when soloing which is the best way to currently farm; but the trap gives the ranger almost nothing at low levels; you throw it out and spam your arrows. We have the problem that ranger’s trap is so situational that in any other time its very useless, its okay for solo farming red enemies for xp. Here is a list of everything you won’t use the trap for and why:

• In a group farming difficult enemies or doing a dungeon. Your tank has agro and healing anyway so we don’t need the trap.
  • Any non trappable enemies, elites, and bosses. Can’t trap them so what is the point?

Basically any situation where you are not solo. Ranger’s trap also breaks on one hit making it useless in high level combat with mages spamming arcane bomb and useless at low level groups because the tank has agro, no need for the trap. One way I think this could be fixed is this:

1. Make the trap work on all enemies.
  2. Reduce trap cooldown or increase the time until it despawns on the ground.
  3. Make the trap not break on hit but instead trap the enemy for 3-6 seconds.

Here are the reasons I think this would help fix the trap:

1. If the trap worked on all enemies it could save the tank from dying by a tank buster when fighting bosses if the healer does not have a heal up.
  2. Decreased trap cooldown or increased time until the trap on the ground despawns would keep your trap up at all times which adds a strategic option.
  3. A 3-6 second trap does not seem like much but with the trap not breaking on damage that would be 3-6 seconds of constant dps and provoke healing for the tank with no danger, this would give an incentive to pay attention to your trap at high levels and would provide a real reason to have a ranger taken as apposed to a mage in high shards for the level of safety.

I don’t know about you but lend a hand helps me spam my spells personally.

Using lend a hand in endgame and PvP would be a massive crutch as it limits your movement and you can cast just as well with your main hand and aim. It just takes practice. So be weary of taking that skill, it only hurts a player in the long run.

2 Likes

Sorry but you only talk about pvp, except I don’t do any pvp so how does this apply to me? You talk about hindered movement but even if i miss one or two spells what big consequence does that have, thats anywhere from 1-20000 damage i miss out on depending on crits which is not that bad.

Haven’t seen anything yet,

Will weapons be transmoggable eventually as well? The post states Armor.