Dev Blog: State of the Game and What's Next

You are going to be losing dps. The problem with lend a hand is you can’t move with your casting hand so you can never move back without missing spells, if you do move back you lose dps since you can’t hit the boss with the spell that is in the air. This is very problematic for fights where you have to move a lot, which is most bosses in endgame content.

Lend a hand would be a medium-high tier talent if it could be toggled, even if the spell still always left the wand. Mid air-toggles even more preferably, such that when you toggle spells already cast would change control to the other hand as well.

1 Like

That or you could press a button to lock it’s movement while you move.

It’s an option, but ideally just an additional option. I see the toggle being more valuable in more cases.

Static Shock also disappointingly sucks. But at least it’s a fun spell.

Lend a hand as it stands now is a dps gimper. It would be wasted on any tier talent if their was a toggle due to the sheer speed you can cast spells now. It would be great if you could store a spell in the left hand and be able to release it whenever by using the trigger.

I disagree, as being someone myself who totally pooped on Lend A Hand when it was first revealed. Is it still garbage for most circumstances right now? Absolutely. However, a toggle would make it an actually legitimate useful ability. Static Shock would need a rework too because it’s also horrible.

For toggling, the only option that would work without collision is using the off-hand trigger key while the primary hand trigger key isn’t being held(ultimate ability trigger). Plus a visual/auditory cue. Unless I’m not thinking of something.I wouldn’t suggest the grip key because drinking a potion or something would flip the control.

Storing a second spell is obviously very powerful. Frost 3 Ice Lance. Affliction x2. Affliction Arcane Orb. Fireball 3 Fireball 3. PvP would need to take it into consideration, mostly. There are PvE applications for this but the power creep is pretty minimal as compared to PvP.

Also storing a second spell directly conflicts with Static Shock, doubt there’s any other usable key since they all are assigned. If the two abilities were kept the same tier of talent, then there’d be no worry for collision.
Storing 2 spells is more worthy of T1 though, so overall it wouldn’t be squeezed in unless the system was re-worked overall. Optionally I suppose one ability could take priority over the other one, so they’d be compatible. Might feel weird though.

When you teleport you usually lose the spell that is in the air, especially if it is pvp because the targets are small and moving.

Unless you are teleporting forward, the angle you make with the target changes. I think both would need to be practiced much more to see if there is an advantage for either. Overall I think Lend a Hand would allow more flexibility if it is mastered, that would outweigh negative side effects.

My practice with non lend a hand is due to the fact that arena pvp starts you out with no talents so I have to do non Lend a Hand casting, and I had played mage to level 11 before the release of talents.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.