Done with PvP for now

So ur suggested alternative is to attempt to take out all higher levels of play by forcing players to be unable to work on team work?

2 Likes

Did we forget the danger of having a 8 ppl battleground is long term not having enough players to even start it. Or making different gameplays workm Or is the trend just thinking there is only 1 reason for a change? :joy:

1 Like

Its hoping to balance pvp out rather than putting 4 experienced players against experienced players. You cannot expect yourself to win every game can you? Or is that what the argument against this is really about?

1 Like

Carry me so I can do my weekly quests! That way I don’t have to pvp until next week… :smirk:

3 Likes

The amount of people required to start the que is the same, it just changes queuing, it’s stil 4v4

1 Like

Instead of balancing classes u are saying u should balance players?

1 Like

I really kinda feel that weekly quests shouldn’t be a thing for PvP… Instead it should be some sort of honor rep gain over time that you get from killing players and capturing flags… Reminds me of the old Alterac Valley, WSG, AB farming days lol… getting that to exalted was fun.

I think their point is that player engagement is at risk when the matches are too lopsided. It may eventually get to the point where it takes hours for the queue to pop because there’s no 4 people outside of LC who care to queue.

3 Likes

Not exactly, There are classes that need buffing and nerfing too, But it i think the better alternative is to drop parties in BG to 2.

Too be fair bgs rarely pop unless we’re queuing as 3+ been that way after each reset Tuesday.

1 Like

I agree, maybe there shouldn’t be any weekly quests. We could meet in the middle and if anyone completes a weekly quest on the server then everyone gets rewarded regardless of effort.

Its going to be hard to balance. The community is too small to do that. There will always be a huge gap between newbies and LC. If we try to break it up we will never get a match.
You get better by playing people who are better then you so im ok with getting my butt kicked by lc for now. Until I can learn to move and cast spells at the same time lol. I really would not be upset if affliction got fixed though. IJS

5 Likes

I think dropping BG parties to 2 is a useful stopgap and diagnosis tool. As I’ve said, impressions of balance in BGs is going to be heavily skewed by team composition, so you can’t even adequately see the problem until teams get more even. As others have said, analyzing and fixing balance can be time consuming, both technically and mechanically. Making BGs fairer until more cohesive fixes can be made deals with both problems.

4 Likes

I completely agree

Incapable of adult responses as always

2 Likes

#BringWildsBack XD

6 Likes

@Chezil @Kamina
You don’t get it do you?

If I run a dungeon with beginners, I’m teaching them what to do.

If I run a battlegrounds with beginners I can try to teach them what to do, sure. And if I’m facing a opposing team with beginners I might even have some fun.

But if the opponents are a pro party, tactics won’t really help.

Spawn camping and killing players is just wrecking the player experience, and more often then not the result is one or more players going afk while fighting.

Now pre-built team vs pre-built team would be another thing. That is a fair fight. Would require only queuing with a 4 man group.

Alternative is mixing all players.

Pick one, not both.

5 Likes

Beginners entering PvP will always get wrecked as they’re new to the scene and don’t know what to expect 90% of the players only join battleground to get quests done.

Every MMO I played always had premades in PvP it’s just apart of the game weaker players/teams will always complain, Want us to stop queuing battlegrounds/Grave camping go form your strongest team and keep playing us until we break.

1 Like

Most of the time we have 4+ in the Queue, We will just focus non LC members before LC during battlegrounds to make the experience more enjoyable nothing changes. I wish you all the best of luck getting quests done we’ll make you earn them.

(Too late I saw your message nice taunt.)

1 Like

I took it down because it is unrelated to the topic and is was not a taunt it was a fact :wink: buddy