Dragon, desert dungeon aoe

So after some testing the problem seems to be that if you jump out of the aoe and the dragon turnes after you, the aoe turnes with him (but is not vissible).

I know a lot of players started having problems with this.

Basicly @Riley_D can you fix it plz? :hugs:

I used to have problems with this AOE too, but haven’t in the past 10 or so desert dungeon runs, not even once. What I do is pay attention to when the AOE will begin, and have my teleport ready to get out.

@Fern So if you let the head turn by moving slightly at once the aoe won’t move for you?

Because it’s fully consistent with my test…

Sure you can get around it by waiting for the dragon to start the animation if that’s what you mean. Then it stops moving. But I think it’s ment to be that if your out of the red your safe.

I can’t recall the head turning, I just teleport out at the time I’ve found best during the attack cycle.

Yah, if the animation starts, your safe, because he won’t turn any more.

OH! I can help with this.

If you jump too soon for any boss that channels AOE, then the attack cycle will be paused/slowed, while the boss follows you, and commences once you’re in range.

I had to fail at the Dragon boss a few times before I got it down. Since this is basically a tank and spank boss fight, I think it’s fine to present a small challenge to the warrior to get the timing right.

But isent it just a faulty aoe indicator? I’m ok with it following, but I’d like to have the red on the danger spot

Not that I’ve observed, but if you have a video example, I’m sure that the devs will be happy to look into it.

Can’t record video sadly. :persevere: crashes the computer.

Hmm, well, I can say that now that I have nailed the timing, that fight is super fun, and I bet that you and everyone else can get it too.

Tip: while I was working on learning the attack cycle, I asked my groups to have the coms quiet so I could focus, and that helped immensely.

From when I have been tanking, I feel the problem is player position not updating after teleporting (like the sword rush bug) so i try to use slide locomotion after a tele to make sure the game knows where I am and that seems to work.

Maybe that’s what I do too, according to my muskets, I am always wigging around.

It feels like you figured out a workaround for a bug instead of reporting it.

Yah, I cleared a level 4 just fine. Yah I know the trick to avoid the aoe. … but this still dident stop the fact that I can get the aoe to activate outside the boundaries for the aoe.

I don’t have a workaround, I just have the timing down. Jumping out of AOE isn’t a workaround.

But jumping out of it and getting burned is NOT a bug?

What I’ve noticed with the dragon, that whenever it does the front AoE (fire breath), if you are jumping to the side of the dragon, you will still get hit by the attack, so ever since then I’m jumping far to the side

All I’m saying is, like other encounters in this game, it took a little bit of focus and practice to know when to jump, and now that I’ve determined when that is, I haven’t been hit by the dragon’s AOE a single time in at least 10 dungeon runs.

Yup G, I jump pretty far away too, and it always works.

I think the red AoE area is too small compared to the actual size, it starts from about the center of the dragon (or maybe a bit further to the back of it)