February Pre-Alpha Test Feedback Thread

i am currently using 0.86

For those of you who have attempted the dungeon, the Ghost disappearing ability seems bugged, so we have disabled it. If youā€™re already in the dungeon youā€™ll have to leave and re-enter to get it to work.

Can you get me a copy of your output_log?

/resourcecs/app/client/vrclient_Data/output_log.txt

Good so far (aside from crashing about 50 times), trackpad movement def needs some work, feels very clunky, duel-stick would be amazing.

Would also be nice to have a button combo to rotate game world view. As a rift user forward-facing, I get turned around a lot and sometimes end up in a position where my tracking isnt so great. Itā€™s really tricky to re-orientate to a good position with teleport/moving. Be ace if I could just hit both A buttons and rotate 90 degrees or something.

Arcane fire spell seems really hit or miss, the other spells I can do pretty much 80-90% of the time, but Arcane is the one that gives me trouble, I swear iā€™m doing it right!

Really glad iā€™m off work today :smiley:

1 Like

here is the requested output log

http://pastebin.com/GHzN1FWL

Iā€™m so sad, iā€™m at school right now, and i wonā€™t be able to get on till i get home which will leave me only 3-5 hours to play :sob:

Totally agree! Been in the game for 30 minutes now and itā€™s well worth a day off :slight_smile:

Just had a server crash, things should be back online now.

Thatā€™s the first one of those in about 2 hours so things are definitely more stable since we started :slight_smile:

Trevor ā€“ be sure youā€™re on 0.86 if youā€™re not already! https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/OrbusVRClient-0.86.zip

Ahh, thanks. I wass on .85 ><

Possibly need a version check on start up :slight_smile:

It would seriously be nice if melee had more damage for those of us adventuring alone. level 8 and still cant really kill anything on my own

Some of the monsters are not dieing !! :slight_smile:

Met some friendly people in-game, but crashed and lost them. My IGN is Excelsior. If you were one of those people and wanted to add me then reply to this post.

1 Like

Thereā€™s another new version with some additional bugfixes. If youā€™re still crashing a lot give it a try:

https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/OrbusVRClient-0.88.zip

I can not play it crashes a lot (vive user) Iā€™ll try this version
edit: fixed with the new version!!!

Some issues/bugs i have found (ver .86):

Loot: is not that responsive. Disappears when picked up along with hand, it just appears again on the floor when released. Am I seeing other peopleā€™s drops? These Loot issues collide with UI (ranger arrows).

Ranger: Hit marker unclear (enemy/other players). When shooting mobs and someone teleports in front of me i see the hit marker on that player, is this hot being stopped or is it hitting the mob as well? (player attacking off)

Trackpad locomotion becomes stuck on if another button press occurs while being used.
Trackpad locomotion also fails to get the player close enough for sword combat when fighting monsters. (Possibly involved with the stuck in combat bug mentioned, maybe include a ā€œgrace periodā€ of motion after combat starts)
Trackpad locomotion does not work when a player resurrects and spawns on top of another player. Collision with other players?

Pathing Bugs:
Cannot trackpad walk into stair teleports after airship. Almost none of the bluew squares could be walked into and had to be teleported into.

Taking teleporter to the door to the large house and trying to return puts the player above the ground making travel impossible. Not sure what to call this large house, it has a porch to have to take the blue square up onto and cant walk or teleport around up there, teleporting down places you above the floor and you cant teleport or trackpad move.

going to test out .88 now

Thanks for the feedback! Weā€™re aware of the bugged loot. For the Ranger, yes if a player is in-between you and a monster they stop your shot, although you wonā€™t damage them if Player Attacking is off.

Iā€™ll take a look at the rest when I get a chance to fix it. Thanks!

1 Like

I launched in admin to fix this.

Weā€™re going to have to restart the starter zone here in a moment, itā€™s been running so long that a lot of stray stuff has built up in it. So you may need to close and restart here in a moment.