February Pre-Alpha Test Feedback Thread

Crashing on the 88 build. Seems to be access violation. Probably running in admin would fix. Here’s the error log http://pastebin.com/j7qUNQHE

Still crashing, same error.

Yeah unfortunately I think that’s a Unity error so not something I can fix directly, I’ll forward it to them though.

Does it say there you were using 90% of your memory though?

Yeah, not sure why. I have 16 gigs and most games usually aren’t close to that. Not sure what’s going on.

edit: probably a memory leak from something. 10 gigs for nonpaged

if any group wants to attempt the dungeon youve got a lvl 8 warrior waiting outside the entrance

and an archer lv 8. lee… same idea lol

Btw, Shikiizaso, you’re the person who’s played the most hours so far today since we started. I just looked it up haha.

yeah lol i played 2nd test and i loved it

1 Like

shikii youre mah boyyyy

I’m having the same issue as the one @Baxter_B did involving internet and the “server offline” thing. My internet at home is terrible (200kb/s at most!), so I tether my phone (shows up as Ethernet under my Network). Unfortunately, it won’t let me connect if I use it. Once I connect to wifi and disconnect my phone, it allows me to play, but my wifi’s lag renders the game practically unplayable. :sob:

I don’t suppose there’s any way I could configure some settings so Ethernet can play nice with the server or something along those lines, is there? :disappointed_relieved:

can you use phone as a hotspot?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I can do it through Bluetooth as opposed to USB, but it still recognizes it as a wired connection over a wireless one.

I doubt the issues is the connection between you and your phone, it’s probably that the Internet through your tethering connection is locked down/firewalled or something like that. Sorry :frowning:

As we grow we’ll hopefully have additional options to get around that sort of thing, but I can’t think of anything to do in the next 4 hours that would help.

1 Like

Few more bugs and issues:

you can use the warrior throw and teleport to scale unwalkable areas, such as from the lake to the plateau with the statues

if you die when someone is inviting you to a group then the UI for reawakening doesnt appear at all

I have oculus rift with only 2 sensors, it works great, But is it possible to change to smaller increments on the turning around? sometimes it is hard to locate mobs with 90 degree turning, possibly 45 degree?.

1 Like

That’s alright; I appreciate the quick responses. :slight_smile:

It’s a shame I can’t play right now, but I look forward to trying again next test! In the meantime, I hope everyone has fun, and good luck to you, Dev People, with this promising game! I’ll be keeping an eye on OrbusVR moving forward. :point_right::eye::point_left:

I’m done for today. That was a really amazing experience, I was playing at around 15fps with a GTX970 during an hour but it was worth it lol.

That game is amazing ! Here is some feedback :

First of all, for help some people with the loot bug :

• You can’t see the loot of other people, so if you see one, it’s yours !
  • If you can’t take it, just go far far away, when you will be far enough (out of vision range). Then, come back, you will see the loot fall on the ground, and you will be able to take it.

0.85 : full of crash (every 2 - 3 min)
0.86 : perfect ! No more crash (or just one in 2 hours)

Some monsters were immortal (stuck at 0 hp), but still attacking people (like the “black murloc”, sorry don’t know how to call him)

Sometimes, I was able to kill a monster without taking aggro (maybe i was too far ? maybe I did shot just really close but not on him? Or just lag?)

When you crash / disconnect on the zeplin (in the sky) you will reconnect in the sky, and you won’t be able to move (but I really liked the view !)

There is a “bug” wooden home, when you take the portal to take the wooden stair, you will be in front of one door, but when you take the portal back, you will be stuck.

I think the list of player (in inventory) have a limit. And because my name start by a “V” (in last player of the list), no one was able to invite me in group (just when there are too much people around, so not a real problem but it took me some minutes to understand it)

Can’t wait for the next test ! Hope it will be soon :slight_smile:

Edit : FPS were good, even when there were many player around.

2 Likes

Were you on Rift or Vive? And was that when there were a lot of other people around?

Thanks for the feedback, Victor, very helpful!