First Annual Orbus Olympics!

AmAZINGG :smiley:

mishka am i able to join as a judge for the trick shot event?

Hey all. We made a Discord server specifically for the Orbus Olympics. With reminders and other announcements. If you’re interested, https://discord.gg/7XgkYs8u2n

2 Likes

Sure! The more the merrier

1 Like

For everybody interested: I had to push back the events on the 20th to the weekend of the 27th due to work. Sorry for the change!

3 Likes

This has gotten WAY bigger than I ever anticipated, so I want to thank everybody that’s signed up or volunteered to help. I’m going to close the signup sheet tomorrow evening because I’ve gotten over 80 sign ups!

5 Likes

Attention all competitors! The Archery and Shot Put events are coming up this weekend! These events will be held in the new EDGE OF NOWHERE ZONE! I’ll have somebody over by the dummies in Highsteppe to remind anybody that forgets or doesn’t get the memo.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping this post so soon, but I just received great news from the Dev team! Along with the other prizes being given out, the #1 winner of each event will be given one non-DLC item of their choice from the in-game store. Thank you very much devs!

5 Likes

Foot race winner will be a paladin (survivability) with a level 3 stamina bracelet, high carry capacity or with an empty inventory.

1 Like

No bracers are allowed, paladins won’t have any extra benefits due to weapons needing to stay sheathed.

1 Like

No armor as well then? Because armor affects survival. Vit Rings as well.

1 Like

None of that has any impact on speed. Speed is what matters.

1 Like

DQ on death though, right? Higher levels will have a bit of an advantage due to aggro range and classes that can survive will have an advantage if they are aggroed.

Yup, higher levels will have an advantage. That’s why I put this up well ahead of time so those interested could level up any classes they wanted to participate with :slight_smile:

Actually, wait, does shaman’s speed buff work without the weapon out? If it did, they’d probably win due to the ability to run around the enemies instead of tanking through them.

But why I mentioned combat is that I can imagine someone getting into a fight with some ranged mobs, sending those bolts all over the place and sending other players into combat… and potentially seeing some damage done to everyone. Pretty sure there are a few ranged groups in or near the path.

I’m considering disallowing Shaman as well due to Blazing Speed, because ya, that works with the weapon put away.

It’s possible that somebody could do that, yup. I’m running that particular event in multiple heats due to the overwhelming number of people who signed up. The first few people from each heat will move on to the finals. If somebody does sabotage one heat, while that does suck, it won’t impact the entire event.

Still, it could be unfair if someone decided to help a participant by trying to sabotage others (whether knowingly or unknowingly).

Also, remind participants to turn off ranger effects in case someone throws darkness arrows and runemage effects in case someone decides to spam spells. (blindness and lag)

Why not move foot race to the new zone?

I’m considering it, but I want the participants to be familiar with the area and know how to get to the destination :slight_smile:

Also, I seem to be unable to edit the original post.

We hit 100 signups today! I’m also happy to announce that due to the overwhelming support of the community, we’ve approached nearly 10 MILLION dram worth of rewards being given out, including 3 Arcane Mounts, 2 Skater Mounts, and over 3 million dram in cash!

4 Likes